What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It is here deal with it, who kicks the first 20/40?

jim_57

Staff member
I tend to agree.

I can't think of a situation where teams would even try to attempt it.

When they haven't made it out of their own 20 by tackle 5 (good luck) and maybe if they're up by 60 already.

Grapple

Bench
Benji @ Leichhardt Oval on a Sunday avo against Manly is there anything better plenty of big boppas out there get around em'

Bandwagon

Staff member
I can see teams using it tactically as a third or fourth tackle option when locked inside the thirty, off a quickish PTB against a rushing defence., maybe early in the game when the plan is to kick early in the count anyways, and turn the defence around. Kicking for the opposition thirty rather than the forty. Or somewhere in between so as there's less risk in giving away too much field position if the kick doesn't find touch.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
Either one or two clubs will fully embrace it to great effect which forces the rest of the comp to follow suit much like Canberra with the strip, OR the coaches will stick their noses up at it as too risky a move while deep in your own half and it will die a slow death.