What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's always nice when...

Your hooker can pass crisply from dummy half and have a decent run every now and then. Makes a difference. Hopefully the new coach doesn't re-sign the dud that is Keating.

Well done to Nathan Smith he's definitely grabbed his opportunity and made the most of it.

Chipmunk

Coach
As I said in another thread I dont think he is a world beater but he certainly offers us more than Keating in attack. I cannot for the life of me see how we perserved with Keating as an 80 minute player when we couldve had this kid coming off the bench for 20-25 mins a game.

A good example for mine why Kearney moving on is going to be a good thing.

I think I saw Smith make a 20m spiral pass and put on the chest of Sandow. I was shocked by the quality of the pass. Not used to it. Things as simple as that Keating can't do.

Width on his pass, crispness of pass, bit of speed out off a quick play the ball. Yet to get much of a chance to show his vision but seriously he has fundamental dummy half skills Keating doesn't get near.

mickdo

Coach
It's been night and day in terms of service really. Defence I'm still not sure on, but fingers crossed.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Definitely better than Keating in attack but a weak defender.

I guess the next best thing to combining the two is to play them at 9/14 but does that just give us a shit defender with no playmaking skills?

yy_cheng

Coach
It will be interesting next year. Kelly or hayne at 6. Smith or mk.

I would try and make roberts a bench lock. He is good on his feet but not a good playmaker.

I'll give you this poops morgan is impressive. He is becoming a chris lawrence. I like the lines he runs and gives hayne and sandow a new option

Width on his pass, crispness of pass, bit of speed out off a quick play the ball. Yet to get much of a chance to show his vision but seriously he has fundamental dummy half skills Keating doesn't get near.

Agree. Some of his long passes within the 20 metres attacking zone was lovely to see.

same here but that flick to kenny was silly after some good lead up work..

He went for broke but his execution was a bit off. Still I he keeps working on that pass it will be lethal. I thought he had another real opportunity to set up Sio but Morgan came in field. Hes got lots to learn but he has improved a lot.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Smith's service is far slicker than Keating is, we lose a bit in defence but pick up in attack. Next year there may be room for both of them/??

Gronk

Staff member
Smith's service is far slicker than Keating is, we lose a bit in defence but pick up in attack. Next year there may be room for both of them/??

SK is in the 80 min hooker camp. Other coaches still carry two rakes. I guess it depends on who is our coach and if he likes 4 pigs or 3 with a rake.

Parra Pride

Coach
SK is in the 80 min hooker camp. Other coaches still carry two rakes. I guess it depends on who is our coach and if he likes 4 pigs or 3 with a rake.

RAKE.gif

#OddChoiceForABenchSpot

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Well Parra have been at there best the last decade when we can bring someone on from dummyhalf to give us some spark

Drew/PJ
Piggy/PJ
Keating/Kinga

Unless you have a Smith,Farah or Ballin who can easily play the full 80 min the two hooker rotation should be an option. Keating IMO is not an 80 min quality hooker.