What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's not a Pass mark Mr Johnston

slippery5

Juniors
Even if we win next week against the wooden spooners it gives us 8 wins out of 25 . Now when I went to school a pass mark was 50%.
Do you still give him a pass mark Mr Johnstone??? If so, I wish you were my science teacher !!!!!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Even if we win next week against the wooden spooners it gives us 8 wins out of 17. Now when I went to school a pass mark was 50%.
Do you still give him a pass mark Mr Johnstone??? If so, I wish you were my science teacher !!!!!!!!!!!!
Depends on the subject..

Most medical units have 80% as a pass mark..

That being said, although that may seem high, it still means the average doctor may get it wrong 1 time out of 5.

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
Maybe its like the TAFE I went to. If you got 45% in the final, you could re-sit the exam. So as long as the team wins 45% of their matches, McGregor gets another go at coaching.

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Even if we win next week against the wooden spooners it gives us 8 wins out of 17. Now when I went to school a pass mark was 50%.

Saints lost JDB for the season, y’know?

18to87

First Grade
Never mind science teachers.

I think you need a maths teacher.
Exactly. A win this week will bring them to 33.3% for the season. This number is a high achievement for McGregor compared to his career win % in July where teams make their move towards the finals which is down around 18%.

mickeylane

Bench
Lowest finish in 70 years for the club....Surely something has to give...........
There’s no way McGregor lasts beyond this season. Basically hung himself at yesterday’s media conference taking the full blame for the teams form and performance. It just will depend if WIN board are willing to pay a 12 month severance payment to rid of him because he won’t be receiving a 2 year payout. Then it will be down to either Wane or Flanagan for Coaching position from what the media speculate is.

getsmarty

Immortal
There’s no way McGregor lasts beyond this season. Basically hung himself at yesterday’s media conference taking the full blame for the teams form and performance. It just will depend if WIN board are willing to pay a 12 month severance payment to rid of him because he won’t be receiving a 2 year payout. Then it will be down to either Wane or Flanagan for Coaching position from what the media speculate is.

Hope your right Mickey....they should never have extended his deal without a performance clause...

FlameThrower

Bench
Whatever the payout is for remaining contract - surely they need to factor risk if lower membership, reduced crowd numbers, gate takings, merchandising, FTA games picks , sponsorship - let alone retain and attracting players.

Latest posts