What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its official we bought a lemon and boy is it sour

Gary Gutful

Post Whore
Can't say I ever j!zzed my pants when I found out we signed him as I think he has his limitations. However, he seriously has his work cut out for him at the moment. Even the great A.Johns at his peak could only do so much with this rabble.

Chipmunk

Coach
I said when we signed him that we have replaced the 16th best half-back in the NRL in Robson with the 15th best half-back in Sandow. I actually think I might have been harsh on Robbo, as perhaps Robbo just needed a really great Five-Eight like Carney to be the play maker so he could just do his job. He has gone OK with the Sharks

I have also said many times that we will never make the Top 8 with Sandow at half. Ive seen nothing this season to suggest anything else.

EelsFan05

Bench
I said when we signed him that we have replaced the 16th best half-back in the NRL in Robson with the 15th best half-back in Sandow. I actually think I might have been harsh on Robbo, as perhaps Robbo just needed a really great Five-Eight like Carney to be the play maker so he could just do his job. He has gone OK with the Sharks

I have also said many times that we will never make the Top 8 with Sandow at half. Ive seen nothing this season to suggest anything else.

Hodkinson
Maloney
A. Kelly
Robson
Mortimer

All succeeding at clubs with better cultures and vision. We are stuck with a 500k halfback that defends on he wing or at centre and misses 10 tackles! There is a lot broken at the Eels.

Jodeci

Bench
zoo weekly?

zoo-magazine-jordan-carver-32hh-strip-big-boobs-topless-sophie-alexandra-bikini-babes-kelly-brook_450-380x518.jpg

That's the best post of the year

phantom eel

First Grade
Start Sandow from the bench to freshen him up, put less pressure on him and make the attack (and defence) less predictable. Hayne to start at five eighth, it's time to show your leadership and earn your keep by defending in the line, sunshine.

Make this happen with Maloney at fullback and (for this year) Kelly playing a no frills early-Cronk role at 7. Pritchard can start at 9 with Keating playing his 80mins starting at lock switching to give the youngster a break if he needs. Sum total for these changes is one forward misses out - let's say Ben Smith - and we suddenly look less predictable, and have a different structure for other sides to try and work out.

Might inspire them all to make a better effort - Sandow included.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Start Sandow from the bench to freshen him up, put less pressure on him and make the attack (and defence) less predictable. Hayne to start at five eighth, it's time to show your leadership and earn your keep by defending in the line, sunshine.

Make this happen with Maloney at fullback and (for this year) Kelly playing a no frills early-Cronk role at 7. Pritchard can start at 9 with Keating playing his 80mins starting at lock switching to give the youngster a break if he needs. Sum total for these changes is one forward misses out - let's say Ben Smith - and we suddenly look less predictable, and have a different structure for other sides to try and work out.

Move our best player and fullback to 5/8, AND play the Roosters' 5/8 at fullback?

Well, if nothing else, it's bold...

Avenger

Immortal
I have been watching this great game since 1977 and never have I seen a more diabolical, inept, dumb and lazy defender than Chris Sandow.

Eelementary

Post Whore
Oops, had Maloney on my mind reading about Origin... obviously meant Mullaney.

Mate, we are complaining about players being terrible, and the idea is to put Mullaney at fullback? The bloke is average, I'm afraid.

We have a few issues that need to be fixed: forward pack, hooker and 5/8 (Sandow is out of form, but he offers something; Kelly offers nothing).

Eelementary

Post Whore
if only we had the SOO 5/8th I'd be wrapped. Wait hangon, we did have him once......

Pick the best 17

Like it it not, Sandow is part if that best 17. His defence is diabolical, true, and his kicks sometimes suck. But he's not the sole reason we are getting belted.

phantom eel

First Grade
I thought Mullaney handled himself ok when in first grade last year? Not a superstar by any means, but his selection would be one way to address some of the problem areas and potentially get us out of a confidence rut, by allowing some creative positional changes.

Chipmunk

Coach
I have been watching this great game since 1977 and never have I seen a more diabolical, inept, dumb and lazy defender than Chris Sandow.

Chris Sandow makes Luke Burt look like one of the greatest defenders in history.

Joely01

Bench

Seriously only parra fans would recommend moving the NSW fullback out of his preferred position....

Eelementary

Post Whore
I thought Mullaney handled himself ok when in first grade last year? Not a superstar by any means, but his selection would be one way to address some of the problem areas and potentially get us out of a confidence rut, by allowing some creative positional changes.

He's small, he's weak and his kick returns are a joke. He's fast and has good positional awareness, but he would only get a go when Hayne is unavailable.

Latest posts