What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its that time - Your 2010 Storm

Dan70

Juniors
Why the hell wouldn't he be fit for round one?
He is supposed to be over his bicep injury after two years, and he is a MacDougall, and the only thing you can be sure about a MacDougall is that if he is having one of his rare injury free periods he will be the best trainer at your club.

If he isn't fit for round one, you'll never get a game out of him.

Big difference between fit and match fit. He barely played in 2 years, so Belly may want him to play some NSW Cup first.

Evenflow

Bench
Big difference between fit and match fit. He barely played in 2 years, so Belly may want him to play some NSW Cup first.

I'm not sure you can class 33 games of a possible 55 in the last 2 years as as barely played.

Dan70

Juniors
I'm not sure you can class 33 games of a possible 55 in the last 2 years as as barely played.

First grade I meant. The Newcastle Comp is a long way from the standard of the NRL, so he may have to play some some NSW Cup to bridge the gap.

Evenflow

Bench
First grade I meant. The Newcastle Comp is a long way from the standard of the NRL

So did i mate. He's played 33 of a possible 55 first grade games in the last 2 seasons. It was 9 last year and he only missed a few in 2008 playing 24 games. That's also not including his 3 origin appearances which takes that year to 27 games. It probably seems like a lot less given he only played a third of games last season.

Dan70

Juniors
So did i mate. He's played 33 of a possible 55 first grade games in the last 2 seasons. It was 9 last year and he only missed a few in 2008 playing 24 games. That's also not including his 3 origin appearances which takes that year to 27 games. It probably seems like a lot less given he only played a third of games last season.

?????

We are both talking about Luke MacDougall aren't we?!

He's played 2 games for the Knights since he moved there in mid 2007, and he didn't play origin in 2008!

Edit: 33 of 55 and 3 Origin appearences are Anthony Quinn's stats!

Last edited:

LESStar58

Referee
Was reading the poll over at the Storm website.... anyone feel that maybe Adam Blair should get first go at lock?

In a perfect world our pack would be

8. Tolman
9. Smith
10. White
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Blair

Dan70

Juniors
Was reading the poll over at the Storm website.... anyone feel that maybe Adam Blair should get first go at lock?

8. Tolman
9. Smith
10. White
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Blair

In a perfect world it would be:
8. Lazarus
9. Smith
10. Kearns
11. Kearney
12. Blair
13. Johnson

14. Nikau
15. Howe
16. Crocker
17. Manu

:D:D

little_aza

Juniors

8. Tolman
9. Smith
10. White
11. Manu
12. Hoffman
13. Blair

the more i think about it, the more i want blair at lock: he did a fine job there for new zealand....and surely having BOTH manu and blair in the starting side would be a good thing. i doubt any other team could boast such a formidable backline.

but the more i think about it, the more i feel bellamy will just slot lowrie there - a workhorse fits the tried and proven mold. which would be a bit disappointing.

ST09RM

Juniors
this will be our backline round 1 2010

1. Slater

2. Stanley
3. Neilsen
11. Blair

4. Inglis
5. Quinn
12. Hoffman

13. Lowrie

I added in the backrowers because they will be doing alot of the defence, we had the best right hand side defence in the comp with turner, chambers and blair so why change anything else around!

Mantle

Juniors
1.Slater
2.Quinn/O'Neill if Quinn is still injured.
3.Stanley
4.Inglis
5.Nielsen
6.Finch
7.Cronk
8.Tolman
9.Smith
10.White
11.Manu/Blair if Sika isn't ready
12.Hoffman
13.Johnson

14.Hinchcliffe
15.Blair/ Tandy if sika is out
16.Proctor
17.Lima

Update time for Round 1 what I think Bellamy will come up with.

1.Slater
2.McDougall - Just a feeling from Articles I've read.
3.Nielsen
4.Inglis
5.Quinn
6.Finch
7.Kelly
8.Tolman
9.Smith
10.Lima
11.Blair
12.Hoffman
13.Lowrie

14.Hinchcliffe
15.Tandy
16.Proctor
17.Manu

tezzah

Juniors
Manu is still some time away from playing. Was a serious injury he had in 09 and only barely jogging when he'd come back after the break... but pretty spot on with the line up.

Noa

First Grade
To start the year and taking into account that Cronk and White are out and I'll assume Sika is not ready

1.Slater
2.McDougall/Duffie.
3.Nielsen
4.Inglis
5.Quinn
6.Finch
7.Kelly
8.Tolman
9.Smith
10.Lima
11.Blair
12.Hoffman
13.Lowrie

14.Hinchcliffe
15.Tandy
16.Proctor
17.Kali

NYC

1. Josh Jerome
2. Brayden Williame
3. Pita Maile
4. Bennett Leslie
5. Eddie Faamusili
6. Michael Gavan/ Ben Hampton
7. Matt Currie

13. Slade Griffen
12. Robbie Rochow
11. Theo Stuart
10. Jorden McLean
09. Jake Hawkins/Woolford
08. Ken Bromwich

14. James Barker
15. Sam Martin
16. Brett Jarrett
17. Blake Leary

NSW CUP

01. Gareth Widdop
02. Sam Joe
03. Justin O'Neill
04. Willie Isa
05. Luke McDougall/Matt Duffie
06. Dan O'Reagan
07. Dane Chisholm

13.Billy Rogers
12. Louie Fanene
11. Hep Cahill
10. Jesse Bromwich
09. James Woolford/ Kostjasyn
08. Bryan Norrie

14. Fred Makimare
15. Anthony Killingbeck
16. Rulon Natira
17. Alun Munro
18. Mailei Seve

Noa

First Grade
1. Billy Slater
2. Anthony Quinn
3. Dane Nielsen
4. Greg Inglis
5. Luke McDougall
6. Brett Finch
7. Rory Kostajyn - Dont want Cam here, would prefer Kelly tbh.
8. Aiden Tolman
9. Cam Smith
10. Jeff Lima
11. Kev Proctor
12. Ryan Hoffman
13. Adam Blair

14. Ryan Hinchcliffe
15. Hep Cahill
16. Sinbad Kali
17. Jess Bromwich

Changed team with injury to Lowrie & Tandy

Last edited:

tezzah

Juniors
Thought Hep Cahill did a stand up job off the bench. It enabled Blair to move in to prop as well. Lowrie and Tolman were stand outs for me. Good team effort to defuse the Leeds attack.

Noa

First Grade
He was Ok, but he only played because Cam was at 7 and they needed to carry a back-up 9 or 7 in Kostkhdhfj. I really cant see (or I hope)Bellamy going with Cam there again.