What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Its there if we want it

snout

First Grade
Sorry stake.
Im playing crystal ball.

Drags are shit. Its between us and pennies for 4th spot.

We both play knights.

They play warriors un NZ and storm in melbourne in slaters final home game.

We play 2 spooners in cowboys and dogs. With 2 home games.

For/against see us 30 in the red to pennies.

There if we want it.

Sorry stake.
Im playing crystal ball.

We both play knights.

There if we want it.
we've gone back to playing to our opposition standard.
great game today.
the true test is newcastle and the dogs.
if we are serious.
we stamp our authority against these two sides and put them away.
I'm afraid I can't see that happening.

wibble

Bench
The main advantage of finishing 4th is that the side can roll the dice and try anything to get a week off and if it doesn't work, it is ok.

Obviously 4th would be great. I think we can beat 1st no matter who or where.

But if we play well and finish 5th, that would be a good position too.

8th looks to be Broncos or Tigers, and I don't think they would be too threatening (of course, we thought that about Cowboys last year, and Broncos have beaten us twice this year...) and if we made it to 2nd week, we'd likely play Warriors, Panthers or Dragons coming off a loss against a big Souths/Roosters pack.

6th looks a fair bit tougher to me. We really want to be 4th or 5th

txta2

Bench
Can't see how they finish 4th. The attitude of flicking the switch on and off will kill them in one of these last games

we've gone back to playing to our opposition standard.
great game today.
the true test is newcastle and the dogs.
if we are serious.
we stamp our authority against these two sides and put them away.
I'm afraid I can't see that happening.
but the next true test is this Saturday against the Cows, who have stumbled into last spot following Parra's glorious win, and wont want to send off Thurston with a wooden spoon. I hope there's no more of this "we just have to get through this" attitude in the final three competition games.

Jimmy O

Juniors
All 3 games worry me more than storm. Need to roll cowboys, Fingers crossed Jason Taumalolo gets the suspension following that shoulder charge on the broncos Isaako, a plea will get him 1 match, found guilty after a contention .. 2 matches.

It doesn't look that bad though, id say it is contestable, his shoulder is so large how is it possible for isaako's chin not to hit it!!

but the next true test is this Saturday against the Cows, who have stumbled into last spot following Parra's glorious win, and wont want to send off Thurston with a wooden spoon. I hope there's no more of this "we just have to get through this" attitude in the final three competition games.
you would be 100% correct.
lost a round.

bubs

Juniors
Finishing 5th playing an 8th place Broncos would be a death knell for us. Ponies cant get kicked out of the finals in the 1st week, due to ratings loss on Channel Nein in QLD for the rest of the finals.
#penaltybroncos.

shaggs

Coach
Just in case anyone didn’t realise, but if we had beat the broncos both times (which were both winnable) and also not turned it up like usual against the Eagles, we would be outright first on 34 points.

Having the side to win is not in question. The attitude and game plan is. Can they make the necessary adjustments to win the next 6-7 games??,

Quigs

Immortal
It is already written my friends.

The whistle blowers will decide whose up who and whose not paying.

Just a noice apology the following day from Toddy Greenburgh after a dodgy loss, that is what most teams can expect these days.

Just in case anyone didn’t realise, but if we had beat the broncos both times (which were both winnable) and also not turned it up like usual against the Eagles, we would be outright first on 34 points.

Having the side to win is not in question. The attitude and game plan is. Can they make the necessary adjustments to win the next 6-7 games??,

I'd like to think they rediscovered the attitude yesterday. I just hope the bodies can hold up for another 6-7 weeks.

myrrh ken

First Grade
We need to put crappy teams away. Cows and Knights won't be easy.

I also prefer not to play the Storm again.

We need to put crappy teams away. Cows and Knights won't be easy.

I also prefer not to play the Storm again.

The main reason I wouldn’t want to play the storm is the physicality of the match. Even if we beat them we’ll be farked for the next match because it’s a draining game and we usually come out of it with injuries.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Just want to see some combos getting things right in the next couple of weeks.

Obviously 4th is better, but just do not lose the 3 or 4 finals.

snout

First Grade
Sorry stake.
Im playing crystal ball.

We both play knights.

There if we want it.
...and Maloney may not play before september.

There if we want it?