What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's Time Taylor Has To Go

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
Well we've had the same game plan for 3 years & in that time the team has been bolstered by buying better players but the result is the same Canberra run over us in every position tonight it was embarrasing watching it we have to bring in Lang or someone who has a game plan & who can motivate, Taylor can't do either of these or we are going to miss the eight either that or Crocker & Wing will have to be miracle men to save this lot the forwards run on like Lions & played like Mice TLL simply smashed em! every time he touched the ball THIS IS NOT GOOD ENOUGH we all deserve better & the buck stops with Taylor.

Sugar

Bench
My thoughts as well AP.
I have supported JT in the past but have now lost all faith in his ability.
We are playing with the 2008 game plan,Its broke dont fix it get a new game plan

Ike E Bear

Juniors
I've been a fan of Taylor as a player and a coach for many years ... but geeze either the players are deadset stupid or the coach's gameplan was poor.

One up.

One up.

One up.

One up.

One up.

Easy pickings and played to Canberra's strength in the forwards. The one thing you can't accuse the Raiders of is being lazy or unenthusiastic. They ALWAYS have a dig, even in the face of fancier opposition.

condochook

Juniors
taylor is f**kt.
lang will take over b4 seasons over.
guys this dumb merkin cant coach.Fullstop.
welcome to the limelight Johnny.
Sack the wanker you blokes.
Just get a petition up and get him gorn

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
My thoughts as well AP.
I have supported JT in the past but have now lost all faith in his ability.
We are playing with the 2008 game plan,Its broke dont fix it get a new game plan
Sugar our forwards have had the same game plan for 3 yrs just take it up don't worry about trying to create a hole or run into one it's just one out all night we are sick of it & I am sure the players are let's bring on Lang at least he will give us a game plan & give the forwards some direction before it's too late!

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
the game plan was beautifully simplistic in 2007. everyone had caught onto in 2008. it embarrassing now. asotasi was a great ball playing prop when he came to our club. and we kidwell. not they just run straight all day. unimaginative, boring, predictable. no 2nd phase play, no holes being created. the commentators said it best. the rabbitohs are sitting back waiting for things to happen. the raiders are making them happen

Galeforce

Bench
i think we need a prop , stuart is not a prop. he is a working secondrower playing as prop. this may have worked at the beginning of the season , when the weather was hotter and most other big props were not fully conditioned. we have ONE small prop in Roy , he has the ticker in defense/attack , but still relatively small , and then other than crocker , we have 4 working class secondrowers . We can only afford two working class rowers , plus Crocker and then Souths need ONE BIG animal -- too long to wait until 2010 for Taylor.

I would keep Eddie, david f, stuart into second row and we need a Real PROP to partner Roy. Shannon and Stuart and B lowe in same team is too pedestrian . We only need 2 of these.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
And then there's JT's interchange decisions.

And then there's JT's strange habit of playing guys out of position (Capewell still isn't a fullback and Simpson has never been a hooker).

He has top level talent at his disposal now - other than Wesser's injury the roster is very good. They shouldn't be consistently losing to non-contenders.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
i think we need a prop , stuart is not a prop. he is a working secondrower playing as prop. this may have worked at the beginning of the season , when the weather was hotter and most other big props were not fully conditioned. we have ONE small prop in Roy , he has the ticker in defense/attack , but still relatively small , and then other than crocker , we have 4 working class secondrowers . We can only afford two working class rowers , plus Crocker and then Souths need ONE BIG animal -- too long to wait until 2010 for Taylor.

I would keep Eddie, david f, stuart into second row and we need a Real PROP to partner Roy. Shannon and Stuart and B lowe in same team is too pedestrian . We only need 2 of these.
GF agree Stuart tries hard and tackles well but when was the last time he beat a man a can't remember.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
And yet again Stuart gained more metres than any other Souths forward. He consistently does this, which I think is more impressive than producing one great game in every four.

Overall for the whole season Stuart is only 60 or so metres behind Asotasi. And Roy usually gets the good value first hit up from kick offs and set plays.

And Stuart also arguably makes up for those few metres difference with more tackles and fewer mistakes.

Stuart isn't the problem ... he is very near the form forward in the team.

Appin Rabbit

Juniors
the game plan was beautifully simplistic in 2007. everyone had caught onto in 2008. it embarrassing now. asotasi was a great ball playing prop when he came to our club. and we kidwell. not they just run straight all day. unimaginative, boring, predictable. no 2nd phase play, no holes being created. the commentators said it best. the rabbitohs are sitting back waiting for things to happen. the raiders are making them happen
Aaron 100% right Asotasi very seldom looks for backup where when he first came to the club he use to scream for players to back him up Taylor wouldn't know what day it is as a coach he hasn't improved us one iota the sooner they get rid of him the better & he can take Capewell with him Taylor is not a Coach & Capewell is not a 1st grader

skeepe

Immortal
He has top level talent at his disposal now - other than Wesser's injury the roster is very good. They shouldn't be consistently losing to non-contenders.

Your sheer arrogance is part of your problem. Your team aren't as good as you think they are.

glory glory

Juniors
The most disturbing thing for me tonight was the post game interview. It went something like this "so what went wrong JT?"
Taylor:"well we lost the 2nd half but I was pleased with the effort the boys put in..." WTF? If that is the coaches reaction to that effort we are finished. It looks like he has coached the life out of them.
The team has been poor for the past 3 weeks and tonight without our 2 best players we were flogged.
There has gotta be a shake up and Im afraid Sandow(he is a speed hump) needs some time out with Wing into half, Capewell(an accident waiting to happen) has got to go and if Tallis can't fire up the forwards he should pull on a jersey.

Ike E Bear

Juniors
Your sheer arrogance is part of your problem. Your team aren't as good as you think they are.

Wipe your chin, mate.

The Raiders CAN'T attract outside talent (perhaps you'd like to try and convince me that Harrison and Shillington are genuine "talent"). Yet, to their credit they are among the best developers in the competition - i.e. reigning NYC Premiers. And on top of that, they tend to get the best out of guys who most people don't rate - they turned Colin Best into "talent" while the Bunnies are currently doing NOTHING with him.

That doesn't mean the Raiders wouldn't love to have the kind of "paid for" talent that other teams just pluck off the shelf (sometimes from the Raiders themselves).

My point was not that the Bunnies were a good team. To the contrary they are not playing well as a unit. But that doesn't change the fact that Merritt, Best, Sutton, Sandow, Wing, Crocker, Luke and Asotasi are very talented players and most of the rest are far from duds (I included the Origin players because the Rabbitohs haven't been much better with them in the team in previous weeks either).

Campese is a deadset talent and Leoroyd-Lars's star is on the rise, but besides them the only guys I could see other teams sniffing around right now would maybe be the young ones - Crocker, Dugan and Carney. That doesn't mean the Raiders aren't a good team. I live in Canberra and there is a lot about them I really admire.

If you were taking offense to my "non-contender" comment, then explain to me how the Raiders will win nine of their next 13 games to get to the magical 30 points supposedly needed to make the top eight? Especially with Campese occasionally absent for Origin.

The Rabbitohs could conceivably make the finals with fewer wins than losses for the rest of the year (seven wins will put them on 29 points) ... at this rate they won't come close, but they're at least in with a sniff.

mongoose

Coach
Wipe your chin, mate.

The Raiders CAN'T attract outside talent (perhaps you'd like to try and convince me that Harrison and Shillington are genuine "talent"). Yet, to their credit they are among the best developers in the competition - i.e. reigning NYC Premiers. And on top of that, they tend to get the best out of guys who most people don't rate - they turned Colin Best into "talent" while the Bunnies are currently doing NOTHING with him.

That doesn't mean the Raiders wouldn't love to have the kind of "paid for" talent that other teams just pluck off the shelf (sometimes from the Raiders themselves).

My point was not that the Bunnies were a good team. To the contrary they are not playing well as a unit. But that doesn't change the fact that Merritt, Best, Sutton, Sandow, Wing, Crocker, Luke and Asotasi are very talented players and most of the rest are far from duds (I included the Origin players because the Rabbitohs haven't been much better with them in the team in previous weeks either).

Campese is a deadset talent and Leoroyd-Lars's star is on the rise, but besides them the only guys I could see other teams sniffing around right now would maybe be the young ones - Crocker, Dugan and Carney. That doesn't mean the Raiders aren't a good team. I live in Canberra and there is a lot about them I really admire.

If you were taking offense to my "non-contender" comment, then explain to me how the Raiders will win nine of their next 13 games to get to the magical 30 points supposedly needed to make the top eight? Especially with Campese occasionally absent for Origin.

The Rabbitohs could conceivably make the finals with fewer wins than losses for the rest of the year (seven wins will put them on 29 points) ... at this rate they won't come close, but they're at least in with a sniff.

The raiders are a better team than the ladder indicates...the bunnies are not and will slide down further.

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
The raiders are a better team than the ladder indicates...the bunnies are not and will slide down further.

the raiders are a roll of the dice wether they turn up or not. last night they did. the rabbitohs have a gun roster with a poor coach.

Fein

First Grade

Interesting and somewhat accurate assessment, in my opinion.

I think Souths could be accused on being arrogant, especially Jason Taylor.

The team is good enough, I have no doubts there but I'd hardly call any team in the NRL "non contenders".

Canberra were fantastic last night and would have beaten most of their rivals on that display.