What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

It's time to go - Ray Warren

Brutus

Referee
Lockyer's last ever act at Suncorp Stadium is a golden point field goal to win a sudden death semi.

A moment that will be replayed forever and a day.

The best senile old Ray can do is compare it to a Shaun Timmins field goal in Origin. Sterlo just laughed at him.

It's time for some new blood in the commentary box.

Mr Fourex

Bench
How was the f*cken merkin ....... Brisbane will play Manly next week

with 5 mins to go

I'll punch Warren in the face for that one day.

He said that on purpose......and it nearly worked.

Raider_69

Post Whore
welcome to 4 years ago
the blokes senile, has been for years. Completely lost it, doesnt even bother doing the required research to do his job to a level of satisfactory when he has to call teams that arent saturated by media

the bloke is well past it

innsaneink

Referee
To be fair it was a shitty kick, much like Timmins' was.

I got more annoyed in that he had to ask Sterlo how to pronounce "Hala"....not like were talking about Charlie Herekotukutuku

Brutus

Referee
welcome to 4 years ago
the blokes senile, has been for years. Completely lost it, doesnt even bother doing the required research to do his job to a level of satisfactory when he has to call teams that arent saturated by media

the bloke is well past it

Spot on.

I just don't get the Rabs love thing.

It's amatuer hour at times.

I've listened back to his commentary during the Locky FG and it's just poor for such a golden moment.

I get the feeling he doesn't watch or care about rugby league outside the actual games he calls.

100% agree with Brutus. It does seem glaringly obvious that the only games he watches are the ones he calls.

He doesn't even hide it at times. I've heard him talking about Warriors players in the past who've been performing for near on a season, as if he's only just heard of or seen them play for the very first time.

He has absolutely no respect for what he does. I'm sure he's only got a job because the TV stations like his occasional soundbites for the end of season finals pre-game video compilations. He offers nothing else

PJ

First Grade
He is stille better than gourds inane ramblings.

Clear the whole box

counterpuncher

Juniors
Strangely he doesn't sound half as bad when on the radio with the Johns brothers etc. not actually having to call a game of footy.

I blame Gould. There must be a clause in the contract to entrap Rabs into inane banter and meaningless dribble about random crap (like bloody shorts strings) at set intervals.

Raider_69

Post Whore
correct, he doesnt have it as a caller anymore
vossy might be a twat but at least he can portray the event in his voice, he gets the names right, he calls play to play without getting sidetracked

Rabs was the voice of RL, he is now the voice of late onset senility.

NrlCoach

Juniors
Lockyer's last ever act at Suncorp Stadium is a golden point field goal to win a sudden death semi.

A moment that will be replayed forever and a day.

The best senile old Ray can do is compare it to a Shaun Timmins field goal in Origin. Sterlo just laughed at him.

It's time for some new blood in the commentary box.
X2
How was the f*cken merkin ....... Brisbane will play Manly next week

with 5 mins to go

I'll punch Warren in the face for that one day.

He said that on purpose......and it nearly worked.
He was trying to jinx it. I was raging!

HHH-Angry.gif

Big Pete

Referee
Still the best caller in the game today.

Voss is ok, but isn't anything special and any attempt at fixing that just comes off as contrived. Was great as a sideline guy, merely ok as a commentator.

Ditto Smith.

Rest of the Fox team sucks. Under 20's guy has potential if they nurture him properly.

ABC crew would be great if they weren't so opinionated.

nrlnrl

First Grade
Spot on.

I just don't get the Rabs love thing.

It's amatuer hour at times.

I've listened back to his commentary during the Locky FG and it's just poor for such a golden moment.

I get the feeling he doesn't watch or care about rugby league outside the actual games he calls.

Yep, seems more concerned with the betting side of things these days. eg - always gives the odds of 1st try scorer after the event. It's a as though each game is just another race meeting & all the different types of bets are a race result for him to give the dividends. The bigger games like SOO or Finals are just like the bigger races & that is a reason to become more excited.

I love a punt, but expect those comments about odds when watching TVN or Sky Racing.

Last edited:

Big Pete

Referee
Fourex - Eh, every commentator curses us. At least it's better than commentating about the refs (Fox) or just commentating one side (ABC).

Rabs brings more excitement out of the box than any other commentator involved in the game. Sure, he's not the most analytical bloke but that's why Sterlo is there.

beave

Coach
IIRC, Timmins kick was a f**king pearler was it not???? How could tonights one and Timmins be compared???

The draw string thing just did my head in with those 2 f**kwits, what made it worse was I am 99% sure I seen strings in his shorts as he tore them off making the whole conversation even more pointless than what it already was........... I can't believe the unprofessional level in the box these days, you watch an NFL game and the commentators put ours to utter shame.

IIRC, Timmins kick was a f**king pearler was it not???? How could tonights one and Timmins be compared???

The draw string thing just did my head in with those 2 f**kwits, what made it worse was I am 99% sure I seen strings in his shorts as he tore them off making the whole conversation even more pointless than what it already was........... I can't believe the unprofessional level in the box these days, you watch an NFL game and the commentators put ours to utter shame.

I watched a pre season NFL game and one of the commentators spent the entire game complaining about the new review system for td's to the point the main commentator was telling him to stop we get your point then they complained about him on sportscenter

Latest posts