What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ivan Cleary

VodkaSaint

Juniors
13921190_1061482197222986_2407514959887406979_n_zpsaej9uuf3.jpg

Red V for life

Juniors
Two thumbs up for mine and if he can get his son over even better. Just saw that kid set up a helluva try for Peachey!

If it is true, would we be better placed to land Segeyaro?

Mary as assistant for 1 year only I'd assume (till his contract is up).

Mr Red

First Grade
Cleary should insist he pick his own coaching staff and piss Mary off out of the club. Bennett did the right thing but Mary weaselled his way back in..
It's not fair a first grade coach who will be solely judged on team performance be handicapped with a lame ass assistant..

JohnnoMcJohnno

Juniors
I'll believe it when it happens. Based on past events, there's a good chance Cleary's manager is just using us to boost his asking price with South's or Easts.

St Georgio

Juniors
I like the fact Mary will remain assistant, it shows that he is a quality person by accepting the role, hê is a better coach than Price was and Price is the assistant at the Sharks. Mary does have a solid D background.

Mr Red

First Grade
I like the fact Mary will remain assistant, it shows that he is a quality person by accepting the role, hê is a better coach than Price was and Price is the assistant at the Sharks. Mary does have a solid D background.

Wtf ?
The assumption is generally that the assistant is a potential first grade coaching option if your first grade coach moves on..
This obviously isnt Mary , and therefore him as assistant is just blocking a career pathway for someone with potential.

St Georgio

Juniors
No no
Wtf ?
The assumption is generally that the assistant is a potential first grade coaching option if your first grade coach moves on..
This obviously isnt Mary , and therefore him as assistant is just blocking a career pathway for someone with potential.
That is not a fact by thinking an assistant will be head coach , It is very narrow thinking by the Dragons board to assume so, but I do understand where you are coming from since Price and McGregor were assistant coaches, trust me McGregor will never ever become head coach at the Dragons again!

Mr Red

First Grade
No no

That is not a fact by thinking an assistant will be head coach , It is very narrow thinking by the Dragons board to assume so, but I do understand where you are coming from since Price and McGregor were assistant coaches, trust me McGregor will never ever become head coach at the Dragons again!

So assuming Mary gets demoted to assistant and is never to be considered for the top job again, after a season where it seems the players aren't responding to his coaching, and as many have said it looks like he's "lost the dressing shed" what do you think he can offer as assistant ?

TomRedVRiver

Bench
To be quite honest with you all I don't really know Cleary's strengths as a coach. I never followed him or his teams much.
Do people know what he could bring to our club?

Minh

First Grade
I would be happy with this, he's one of the better options out there....would believe it when it actually happens though.

blacksafake

First Grade
Not holding my breath but certainly wont complain if it happens. A couple of positives re rumour are some people with i think some genuine mail are stating it. Also i would think the board would be keen to take the heat off themselves with an appointment such as this. If the reports are Mary staying on are true it is dumb. He'll probably spend his time white anting instead of learning.