What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

I'VE HAD ENOUGH!!

desidirata

Juniors
my god i haven't seen this forum for at least 3 months and we're still going on with the same old shit that i've seen for the last friggen 3 years

CrazyEel

Bench
LOL, that's because we still have the same shit coach and the same shit results we have had for the last friggen 3 years. #-o

PARRA_FAN

Coach
for the last 3 figgin years, we've had players that look to have a future at the club, then the next year we sign duds and the bright future star is not wanted at the club and then turns out sensational at another club.

Whats the point of signing these players for 3 years when theyre just gonna find themselves in PL again. :roll:

desidirata

Juniors
it's not like half the players that end up in prem league don't deserve it. think about all the decent players we sign that end up being duds, it works both ways

wittyz chick

Coach
Smithy doesnt give them any damn motivation the only thing that does is pizza and beer night at Hindys!!!

Suity I must say I agree with you as well...I've had enough also because it kills me inside seeing our juniors have a great career at other clubs because Smithy says 'We dont need you' :x

eelsta

Bench
CrazyEel said:
LOL, that's because we still have the same sh*t coach and the same sh*t results we have had for the last friggen 3 years. #-o
and the same shit ceo :evil: :evil: :evil: :evil:

Suitman said:
Rightio, I'm on my high horse tonight.

For the umpteenth Friday Night in a row, I have watched a quality performance from a quality team (or usually two teams).

If any club has any reason to be running 12th or lower, it is the Bulldogs, with what they have been through over the past several years. I know much of it is self inflicted, but nevertheless, it is crapo they have had to deal with......and deal with they have.
They are currently leading the competition.

ON THE OTHER HAND, WE HAVE THE EELS.
Well spare me. We have had some injury problems.
Boo f***ing hoo.
Tell me a team that hasn't.

From Bookies favourites in 2001, to has beens in 2002, and non events in 2003 and 2004 is just the lowest of all lows as far as I am concerned.

It is the way it has happened, and the general acceptance by many supporters that has concerned me most.

Week after week, I sit at home and watch quality Friday Night Football.
Parra were given the chance on Fiday nights in 2002, and once again, given more than their chance in 2003, but week after week we were embarressed to the point where it was questioned in the media that our reputation was far preceeding us. Indeed it was.
Since then, we have managed to snag games that were potentially drawcards but ultimately disappointments. From then, we are lucky to be considered.

So, from potential Premiers to Spoon contenders within three years. :roll:
And there are still defenders of these performances on this board.

We have the core of the management/coaching team still on board that were here in 2001. They brought us the goods in 2001, but have brought us diminishing joy thereafter. 3 YEARS.
There has been a Roundabout of players coming and going, all at Brian Smiths choice, and still no improvement seems forthcoming.

Week after week, I see former EELS starring for their newly chosen team.

I have asked myself long and hard why is it that Hodgson, who is playing quite well for the Wests Tigers, was such a dud for us last year. I have asked the same question about Schifcofske, Ryan, (who I was more than happy to see go) Tonga, PJ Marsh, Ian Hindmarsh, Donald, and others.
I ask the question now, WHY VELLA is so lame, after having represented Australia and NSW just two seasons ago.
I ask myself why it is that we play such inept attacking football. Why do people suggest that we do not play with spirit, or toughness, or energy or enthusiasm, as compared with these teams that I see week after week on Friday Nights?

We are just a shadow of our potential former abilities.

OUR COACH HAS RUN OUT OF IDEAS. IT IS SO F***ING OBVIOUS IT IS NOT FUNNY ANYMORE.
I AM SICK AND TIRED OF LOOKING FOR EXCUSES. AND I AM SICK AND TIRED OF READING PEOPLE'S EXCUSES.

I DON'T GIVE A RATS ARSE WHETHER HE HAS GONE OUT AND BOUGHT THE KANGAROOS, HE HAS TO GO.

UNTIL I SEE THE SORT OF RUGBY LEAGUE I EXPECT TO SEE FROM AN EELS TEAM, THE SAME EELS TEAM THAT I GREW UP KNOWING TO BE FIGHTERS, I WILL STRUGGLE TO PUT MY HEART INTO FOLLOWING THEM.
IT PAINS ME TO SAY IT.

BUT AS THE TITLE SAYS...........I'VE HAD ENOUGH.

I WANT TO SEE THE EELS WINNING FRIDAY NIGHT FOOTBALL GAMES AGAIN.....................

Suity :x :x

Suitos,

I'm not trying to be flippant or smart but I seriously think you should cut and past this into Word, print it out and send to the club. That is assuming you haven't done so already.

desidirata

Juniors
i know i'm going to get shit for saying this, but i look back to 2001- the year we broke all the records were minor premiers maybe even the best team league has seen for 20 years and i think that the majority of that was to do with smith. he got us there before no doubt he is trying his hardest none of us like to lose, have some faith in the guy

desidirata

Juniors
it seems to me that everyone is trying to blame someone and instead of putting SOME of the blame on the players or other parties involved brian smith seems to be copping all the shit off everyone, if we want our team to be successful us as supporters have got to be loyal to the club and team through thick and thin and never stop praying for a day that we'll be able to pull ourselves out

desidirata

We have bagged the players out time after time. We have even made up lists of who should go and most of these players are hopefully going at the end of this season. Brian Smith gets blamed because he Hires and fires players and he has obviosly Hired and fired a few of the wrong players in the last 3 years.

I believe Brian has signed up well for next year and we should see some sort of improvement. But will Brian survive that long???

stuke

Bench
desidirata said:
i know i'm going to get sh*t for saying this, but i look back to 2001- the year we broke all the records were minor premiers maybe even the best team league has seen for 20 years and i think that the majority of that was to do with smith. he got us there before no doubt he is trying his hardest none of us like to lose, have some faith in the guy

the majority of that year was due to smith - but if we are going to give him the credit for that season then it stands to reason that he is responsible for the teams demise during the last 3 seasons.

i believe he is trying his hardest and it would be killing him when we lose but the faith is gone, its time for him to move on. he has been at the club long enough....

Suitman

Post Whore
desidirata said:
it seems to me that everyone is trying to blame someone and instead of putting SOME of the blame on the players or other parties involved brian smith seems to be copping all the sh*t off everyone, if we want our team to be successful us as supporters have got to be loyal to the club and team through thick and thin and never stop praying for a day that we'll be able to pull ourselves out

You say you have been away for the last 3 months.

I would suggest you go back and read the last three months posts before you start making so many stupid comments.

Suity

Suitman

Post Whore
Misty Bee said:
Suity, I have to say that you have been a tad MIA on this subject when the heat's been really on the last few months.

What is that supposed to mean??

That I didn't agree with you??

You don't seem to understand that over the years, I have had a huge respect for Brian Smith, both as a coach, and as a person.
Because I didn't call for his sacking when you did, doesn't mean I have been MIA.

It has just been that I have given him more of an opportunity. I have been prepared to give him more time than you, and others have.

But that time has now severely passed.
Brian has MORE THAN WORN OUT HIS WELCOME.

You made many, many valid points.
I agree with most of them.

By Brian continuing to choose to stay, he is just continuing to prove his stubborness as a person, and as a coach.

Like the title says........I've Had Enough!!

Brian.....if you really want to see Parramatta (the club you say you love so much) go forward, do the honourable thing.

If you want to see success here as much as you say you do, prove it.

Suity

Eelementary

Post Whore
desidirata said:
i know i'm going to get sh*t for saying this, but i look back to 2001- the year we broke all the records were minor premiers maybe even the best team league has seen for 20 years and i think that the majority of that was to do with smith. he got us there before no doubt he is trying his hardest none of us like to lose, have some faith in the guy

I don't think anyone is denying that Brian did great things for us in the past.

The issue as it stands is that he has no idea what to do anymore NOW - for the past 2 years (I'll be bold and say that while we under-achieved in 2002, at least we finished 6th).

He continually plays players which will not get us anywhere, and leaves our talent out.

He has to go.

PJ Marshal

Coach
You cant teach an old dog new tricks and that saying has no relevence to this subject!

but one things for sure smithy aint learning any new tricks that is helping us climb out of the crater we are in, its so big we are almost in china

Suitman

Post Whore
Eelementary said:
desidirata said:

I don't think anyone is denying that Brian did great things for us in the past.

The issue as it stands is that he has no idea what to do anymore NOW - for the past 2 years (I'll be bold and say that while we under-achieved in 2002, at least we finished 6th).

He continually plays players which will not get us anywhere, and leaves our talent out.

He has to go.

I'm surprised that EVEN YOU seem to be missing the point.

Its not WHO he selects.............it's what he is doing with ANYONE he does select.

Motivation, enthusiasm, excitement, happiness, enjoyable, free wheeling, relish, savour etc...........moments that make one enjoy their footy.

It is all a task at the moment.....nothing else. The old "whiteboard syndrome"

Suity

Eelementary

Post Whore
I realise that too mate.

But I also think his selection policy leaves a lot to be desired.

I mean both NSW and QLD play a decent 5/8 and halfback.

Australia plays a decent 5/8 and halfback.

The Roosters, Bulldogs, Broncos, Storm and Panthers all play a decent 5/8 and halfback.

Why, the, do we not play a decent 5/8 and halfback?

But I totally agree - he must go.

He's completely lost the plot.

And he seems to be irritating a lot of the players with his 'coaching'.

Latest posts