What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ive jost got it!, bless you alternative

shark_bite

Juniors
i have finally got it, my gorlfriemd has just texted me!
woo hoo after work im going home to go on the one game i have been waiting for all year
ill post my unbiased review on here in the next 2 days
(Thats if i can prise myself away from my ps2)
Thank you mario, sidhe and even alternative software
cheers and g'day mate wooo hooo!

shark_bite

Juniors
Yes, ive finally played it its...... fantastic
the graphics are simply supberb, the stadiums are terrific. Sure its no FIFA but its very passable. The only faults with the graphics is the apalling 2-D crowd, but they will rectify that in the next version.

The commentary is the best i have ever heard in a sports game, even better than FIFA in my view. Steve clark really adds atmosphere to the game and the grunts coming from the players sound really convincing. Congrats on the sound mario!

The game play is not bad watsoever, sure its fiddly and frustrating first time round
but a couple of games in and you will be hooked. The only fault with the game play i can find is that passes tend to be a bit floaty and sometimes the player movement response is a bit slow. But otherwise fine. Next time Mario please incluse a video referee!

The lifespan of this game cannot be faulted with so many videos and other cometitions to unlock it will certainly last a long time.

The only bad thing i can fault is Andrew Voss calls my team Hull F.C the sharks, what gives we had that name four years ago! But anyway keep up with the wit vossy!

Verdict
Graphics 8/10
Sound 10/10
Gameplay 8/10
Lifespan 8/10

Overall 8/10 - Avery sound first effort with real potential to create a great franchise. Thanks to Mario & Sidhe, HES - for keeping me up to date and even Alternative Software - you may be a bit slow delivering it but you guys are all right!
Congratulations Sidhe you have done us Rugby League fans proud have a pint on me!!!