What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[IYO] Who are our five highest paid players?

Top five earners - whom?

• Brown

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Gutherson

Votes: 3 9.4%
  • Jennings

Votes: 31 96.9%
  • Ma'u

Votes: 12 37.5%
  • Mannah

Votes: 16 50.0%
  • Moses

• Norman

• Radradra

Votes: 5 15.6%
  • Scott

Votes: 17 53.1%
  • Moeroa

Votes: 5 15.6%

• Total voters

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Who do you reckon earns the most in our team, specifically, who are the top five? Not necessarily who are worth the most right now, but who would have been worth the most when they signed their most recent contracts. Bear in mind that many if not most contracts are back-ended, especially for promising young players who are expected to increase in value through the course of the contract.

If you think some merkin not listed is in the top five earners you can piss and moan in the thread. That's what I'll be doing.

(Re-)signing announced:
Brown SEP 2016
Gutherson DEC 2016
Jennings JAN 2016
Ma'u SEP 2016
Mannah DEC 2016
Moses MAY 2017
Norman AUG 2016
Radradra JUN 2014
Scott APR 2015

Last edited:

Happy MEel

First Grade
Are we talking solely money on the cap or what their total contract would be worth?

Edit: Eg. Long service player allowances, marquee player allowances etc

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Moses, Norman and Jennings are my top three. Then there's Moeroa. Then either Semi or Timmy. I'll go Timmy.
Moeroa?!? The only thing that would boost his price is a fairly early NRL debut. I guess he is also in the leadership group. I'll swap him for Morts. That merkin must be off our cap by now.

Actually, it turns out you can't change the poll. Pick some other merkin who was playing better when his last contract was signed. Examples include Ma'u and Brown. Or just pick four in protest.

phantom eel

First Grade
Top three are pretty obvious... the next two are tricky to guess.

I went Norman, Moses, Jennings... then maybe Scott and Brown?

(Mannah close, but probably signed for less than market through loyalty.)

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I had a look at exactly when everyone's most recent contract was announced (and updated the OP). There were rumours about Radradra getting an upgrade but it looks like it wasn't offered until this year when the merkin said no, so I removed him from my vote and added Gutherson, who re-signed in December and would've been in high demand.

Bandwagon

Staff member
Tough to pick five, first three write their own names, Norman, Moses, Jennings.

Then I'd guess Semi , then Scott

Wouldn't be surprised to hear French in the mix with an upgrade mid contract, keep the vultures at bay so to speak

Bandwagon

Staff member
Couldn't see Brown up there, first year as a project player with plenty of history of poor on field discipline to the point he was basically unwanted by souffs.