What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JAC

Tigerm

First Grade
This has been reported previously.

https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/a5adb110bbfd42e8db65de6fb97af8b7

FOX CLOSE TO BECOMING A TIGER

Storm speedster Josh Addo-Carr is likely to reunite with his former club the Wests Tigers next season, but Craig Bellamy wants something in return.

The Sydney Morning Heraldreports Tigers coach Michael Maguire has had a conversation with the ‘Foxx’ about becoming the club’s fullback — the position the 25-year-old had expressed his desire for playing.

Foxsports.com.au understands the Storm have actually attempted a swap deal with the Tigers, which would allow Addo-Carr to link up with the Sydney club, but Craig Bellamy wanted young gun Tommy Taulau in return — the Tigers’ best player coming through.

Tigers coach Michael Maguire is looking to add some star power to his back line after losing out to the Rabbitohs on Latrell Mitchell and Addo-Carr could provide just that along with plenty of speed.

It’s been known for a while now that Addo-Carr is hoping for a release from the final year of his contract with the Storm on compassionate grounds to return to Sydney.

Last week he signed with a new manager, putting the wheels in motion to sort out his future.

The Tigers will have to battle the cashed up Bulldogs though who have also been linked to the NSW Origin star.

simmo1

First Grade
If we release a promising young player like Talau to sign a winger who already is leaving his current club, to play fullback on a big contract then the club has not learned anything.

Look at how long it is taking a far more talented player in Latrell to learn fullback. I can't see JAC taking to it any faster.

I'd be all for signing him as a winger, but not at the expense of losing Talau (or any other player we want to keep).

Tigerm

First Grade
If we release a promising young player like Talau to sign a winger who already is leaving his current club, to play fullback on a big contract then the club has not learned anything.

Look at how long it is taking a far more talented player in Latrell to learn fullback. I can't see JAC taking to it any faster.

I'd be all for signing him as a winger, but not at the expense of losing Talau (or any other player we want to keep).
Understand this, but we don’t have a fullback now. AD isn’t one. The guy is a class player, who knows what he could/would do for us.

simmo1

First Grade
Understand this, but we don’t have a fullback now. AD isn’t one. The guy is a class player, who knows what he could/would do for us.

JAC has never played first grade at fullback, and if it doesn't work out, we would be paying close to $2m per season on AD, Mbye and JAC all as failed fullbacks. Just too much risk and could leave us in a deeper hole than we are already in.

WA Tiger

Bench
Just get him across...and say no re Talau..JAC is leaving anyway any swap deal is just a “hopeful” for Bellamy.He can’t really say no to JAC leaving imo

Tiger05

First Grade
JAC has never played first grade at fullback, and if it doesn't work out, we would be paying close to $2m per season on AD, Mbye and JAC all as failed fullbacks. Just too much risk and could leave us in a deeper hole than we are already in.

No player swaps. He wants to leave. No bonus dollars for joining the tigers and learning how to play fullback. You get paid a top value winger contract and you earn your spot in the team.

Das Hassler

Bench
Just get him across...and say no re Talau..JAC is leaving anyway any swap deal is just a “hopeful” for Bellamy.He can’t really say no to JAC leaving imo

He kinda can actually...they've only agreed to letting him out of the last year of his contract so long as they get a like for like player to cover them for the loss...they've made that condition pretty clear. An advantage we do have over most clubs is that the respective coaches are good friends.

WA Tiger

Bench
He kinda can actually...they've only agreed to letting him out of the last year of his contract so long as they get a like for like player to cover them for the loss...they've made that condition pretty clear. An advantage we do have over most clubs is that the respective coaches are good friends.
Yes Bellamy said thats what he wanted but it’s still a hope like we hoped to keep “whats the Matterson” In the end he just left despite a signed contract..Bellamy hasn’t even signed anything it’s just a statement ..a hope imo..Bellamy knows he can’t really hold onto JAC if he doesn’t get his wish... He could but he wont

Last edited:

WA Tiger

Bench
Yes Bellamy said thats what he wanted but it’s still a hope like we hoped to keep “whats the Matterson” In the end he just left despite a signed contract..Bellamy hasn’t even signed anything it’s just a statement ..a hope imo..Bellamy knows he can’t really hold onto JAC if he doesn’t get his wish He could but he wont
He’d get a bad rep for raping and pillaging the poor WT

Das Hassler

Bench
Yes Bellamy said thats what he wanted but it’s still a hope like we hoped to keep “whats the Matterson” In the end he just left despite a signed contract..Bellamy hasn’t even signed anything it’s just a statement ..a hope imo..Bellamy knows he can’t really hold onto JAC if he doesn’t get his wish He could but he wont

Yep..that's all true but i doubt JAC would pull a stunt like Matterson out of respect for the Storm and Bellamy. If Grant returns to them then i'd hope we loan them Momo ( if he would stay down there) for one more season ( '21) which would cover them for the remainder of Josh's cotract.

WA Tiger

Bench
Yep..that's all true but i doubt JAC would pull a stunt like Matterson out of respect for the Storm and Bellamy. If Grant returns to them then i'd hope we loan them Momo ( if he would stay down there) for one more season ( '21) which would cover them for the remainder of Josh's cotract.
Great idea Yes

BrotherJim05

Bench
Unless they let us keep Grant, there is no way we should swap any player with the Storm. We are not desperate to get JAC - he is an amazing player and would really bolster our squad, but this would set an example that we are no longer a club that will always get the short end of the stick. If Storm don't want to release JAC then they can deal with that.

However, if we can get JAC over to player fullback I'm all for it. The difference between LM and JAC is night and day - LM is a bigger frame and doesn't have the fitness for fullback. JAC will have absolutely no problem with the level of fitness required, so would at least be a safe option whilst not setting the world on fire initially. I really like AD but he simply doesn't have the speed to be an attacking fullback.

Best case scenario, we have an insanely fast, attacking fullback who loves the Tigers through and through. Worst case scenario we have an expensive, Test quality winger

I’m ok on signing JAC, when you considering what Mbye is on it puts his asking price into perspective, however on last nights game JAC didn’t want to compete with Ferguson, when the ball was in the air, at FB you have to compete for the ball or you get found out.

Blackwhitegold

Juniors
Imagin this back line.

1. JAC
2. Nofo
3. AD
4. BJ
5. Staines
6. Talau
7. Brooks

that’s a promising back line. If JAC doesn’t work out swap him with Staines.

Ron's_Mate

Bench
Imagin this back line.

1. JAC
2. Nofo
3. AD
4. BJ
5. Staines
6. Talau
7. Brooks

that’s a promising back line. If JAC doesn’t work out swap him with Staines.
Who is the goal kicker? We need a Zac Lomax or Kotoni Staggs. Also, that backline won't be getting anywhere without some barnstorming forwards.

Blackwhitegold

Juniors
Imagine a forward pack like this.

8. Aloiai
9. Liddle, Simpkin, Grant would all be good at 100%
10. Tahmou
11. Luciano
12. Martin
13. Twal

Latest posts