What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bird

blacksafake

First Grade
He played plenty of games last year. I'd assume that Hook rates him. Gosiewski played well in reggies, he just can't seem to transfer it the NRL
And he got better towards the end of the season. It’s a pity he had no off season due to injury & I’m expecting him to come in very handy at the backend of the season.
Agree re Gosiewski.

BLM01

First Grade
Are you sure that's his asking price?
The media reported that Dolphins offer would be $1.5m over 3 years
I bet to lure him away like that that would not include they other part of the invisible salary
His management would now up that price 25% for making origin and to give a kick-a-long to Parra who likely want to keep him

No crabbing, no crazy passes, no fly swatting! Great game Jack, more of the same please.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Bird, like a few others, hasn't been played correctly.

IMO, Bird is a essential part of our opening salvo's, very aggressive and full of passion, however, when he tires he gets lose on both attack and defense, particularly defense.

For my way of thinking, Bird is your perfect impact player. 25 mins start and 25 mins at the end.

But, where to play him? I like him on the edge with JDB at lock. His replacement, once he comes off, should be someone with the same aggressive nature.

Do we have such a player?

Walpole

Juniors
I actually like Bird. He has a mistake in him and he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he definitely rips in and has a go. He wasn't backward in taking on JWH last week and he has some skills our other forwards don't possess. Each to their own I suppose.

Coffs dragon

Bench
I actually like Bird. He has a mistake in him and he's not the sharpest tool in the shed, but he definitely rips in and has a go. He wasn't backward in taking on JWH last week and he has some skills our other forwards don't possess. Each to their own I suppose.
I’m sure there is a decent footballer in there and I don’t doubt his toughness. But his career, like his running style has gone backwards under Hook.
He would make a great No.14 at a club with a decent coach.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
I rate Bird but I feel his footy is no way as good as it was and I feel he gets away with a lot of rubbish in his game from Hook which another proper coach would not allow. That stupid penalty he tried to milk against the Roosters when they were a man down to get 2 pts was terrible. I know he was trying to help the team but that is not the first time he has done it and it has backfired big time. An actual coach would have told him to stop this rubbish ages ago but he is another Hook favourite who will never get dropped for poor form like others.

Under a proper coach he will be a valuable asset to the team not a wildcard where you don;t know what to expect.

Last edited:

TheRev

First Grade
Now that Kerr is gone, Bird seems to be the next in line for polarising dragons fans.. most of us had Bird in our 3-2-1 points for anzac day.. but after the game I had another friend message me in despair because 'Bird had no place being selected in our 17'.

I think that sums up everything.

st.phil

Bench
Now that Kerr is gone, Bird seems to be the next in line for polarising dragons fans.. most of us had Bird in our 3-2-1 points for anzac day.. but after the game I had another friend message me in despair because 'Bird had no place being selected in our 17'.

Spot on - I feel Mat Feagai could be on the verge of headed into this cohort...

thebigredv

First Grade

I think Bird is polarising because on the one hand he gets in there and aims up physically with aggression regardless of how much bigger his opponent is. He shows the fire and intensity that others in the team are devoid of. There's passion there and the body goes on the line.

On the other hand, he really makes some stupid and rash decisions with that same firey nature. These errors and acts of ill-discipline do not help a team as weak as ours ,who can't afford to give up ball and territory so readily. Dumb niggling penalties are his worst asset. I also don't think his ball playing game has advanced as much as some his counterparts in other teams.

As for Kerr, his problem too is between the ears, couldn't even get a play the ball right. Problem is we will probably lose both soon enough and their new coach will find a way to fix these shortcomings.

Latest posts