What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Bostock

Rod Coil

Juniors
Could be wrong but pretty sure, apart from Walsh who is only 17 this year, the rest were 18 this year.

And none of them played SG ball (think Piccirilli/Lavender played Laurie Daley cup), so it’s not like they were the top rated Steelers junior’s (the better 18 year olds generally play up in ball)

They may kick on, but the Mole article is a bit of a beat up…
The simple fact is that kids try out at multiple districts junior reps trials. It happens in Sydney metro & it would be natural to assume that kids on the South Coast attend both the Raiders & Illawarra’s Rep trials. I know of plenty of Sydney metro kids travelling down to Canberra this year to trial.

To act with disdain & bewilderment that this doesn’t happen is just ignorance/stupidity.

possm

Coach
Yes we can't keep them all but I always hope they may return once they have become a regular first-grade player; just like Sele for this season.

Flanno rightly identified the main problem, unfit players. He is also the type of coach that is willing to up-skill individual players. I do not doubt that the team rolled out in 2024 will be a much-improved bunch and compete well in every game.

During 2024, we may pick up a game-changer player or two but if we don't it will mean we will be able to retain the players we want to keep and possibly front-end some players's contracts, leaving us the opportunity to compete for players after November 1, 2024.

Last edited:

Latest posts