What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack De Belin

Status
Not open for further replies.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I'm hearing from a confidential source within the NRL that even if the third trial does not proceed the NRL will not automatically allow JDB to resume playing. He will be required to go through some form of rehab/ counselling programme and then prove himself worthy to be readmitted to play...similar to Shane Flannaghan
If he doesn't have to go to a third trial he is innocent of those charges or does not have a case to answer so they are going to rehabilitate him for what and counseling about what. It's not illegal to have a threesome is it.

hewi

Bench
I'm hearing from a confidential source within the NRL that even if the third trial does not proceed the NRL will not automatically allow JDB to resume playing. He will be required to go through some form of rehab/ counselling programme and then prove himself worthy to be readmitted to play...similar to Shane Flannaghan

I know you are only the messenger but that’s rubbish. If the charges are dropped then the DPP are saying you have done nothing wrong. If they try that I hope he gets the pricks from the NRL in court. He’s paid a massive price for what was absolute stupidity leave him alone and let him get on with his life I say.

Dragon David

First Grade
The bloody NRL will find a way to penalise us. They will say that De-Belin has put the game into disrepute so they will ban him for 6 months. If they do impose harsh penalties, we know where the Dragons stand in the NRL's eyes.

This on top of the injuries and massive suspensions likely to hit us after the Magic Round but these are another story.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Mate, it's not parliament house. The empathy training mob there are making a motza out of us taxpayers.

I'm pretty sure the NRL and Clubs already have programs in place for a whole range of things.

Flannagan's case was in no way similar, he was actually found to be in breach and banned by ASADA. To date, JBD hasn't been found guilty of anything.

In any case, shouldn't we wait until after DPP's court presentation on May 28 before we engage in guesswork?

possm

Coach
It won't work because just say Saints get a player on a 1 year rolling contract and he becomes a gun, then what do Saints do when the JDB trial is over and is innocent? Keep the guy on JDB money or JDB? They can only keep 1. The club then have to possibly move others out to keep JDB and it is not then fair on them. Not easy balancing the cap if you are not the Chooks, Dogs or Sharks.

Plus would a marquee or Rep player want to join a club on a 1 year rolling contract? That would be impossible. Reason I say that is JDB is a marquee or rep player so you want a like for like replacement. There is no way around this if the player in question is one of your best in the team unfortunately. If a fringe first grader it would be no issue. Really tough position.
The answer is:
JDB is on the NRL books and the Dragons have first option to take him on We have been bale to bring McCullough, McGuire, Burns and Hunt to the Dragons so there must have been some spare cap space there.

The Deal for the replacement players is that when JDB is available to play again, it could mean that his contract ends.

possm

Coach
But Abdo said this only a week ago?!?

NRL CEO Andrew Abdo confirmed if the Director of Public Prosecutions chooses not to pursue a third trial, “he’ll be free to play”.

Source: https://www.2gb.com/tough-but-fair-nrl-ceo-confident-in-no-fault-stand-down-amid-de-belin-verdict/
De Belin was not jailed while his trial was being held and the time in between the trials, he was out to freely move about the community. However, the NRL took the opposite view and stood him down prior to any findings against him.

I would love to see the players association initiate legal action against the NRL after the DPP drops the charges. In addition the policeman who lied to the court should be punished to the full extent of the law. This was an abstructjion of justice case for sure.

slippery5

Juniors
Then thats different to what Abdo said.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
I would love to see the players association initiate legal action against the NRL after the DPP drops the charges. In addition the policeman who lied to the court should be punished to the full extent of the law. This was an abstructjion of justice case for sure.
I’ll give you a shiny new dollar if you can work out why those two situations are completely hypocritical of each other..

boardlumps62

Juniors
I’ll give you a shiny new dollar if you can work out why those two situations are completely hypocritical of each other..
Mus wish I had the answer to that a shiny new dollar is what I need. Unfortunately or lucky but I don't know what your talking about so I will troll into the next post. Where you been Bermuda or Brisbane.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Mus wish I had the answer to that a shiny new dollar is what I need. Unfortunately or lucky but I don't know what your talking about so I will troll into the next post. Where you been Bermuda or Brisbane.
I can’t give you the dollar but I can offer you a hydralite & Panadol..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts