What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack Debelin could be back in 17 as early as next week

Status
Not open for further replies.

redv13

Bench
Don’t get too excited people. There is bugger all chance that this isn’t going to trial. Pretty strong charges and I can’t see the defence just rolling over here. If there was some sort of “error” that would have been exposed way before June 2020

redv13

Bench
How do you know the strength of the case?
They would have had the brief of evidence served on them along time ago. If there was some sort of “error” don’t you think JDB would have exposed this by now?? This circus has been running since Xmas 2018. Like I said the charges are strong and the cops won’t just pack up and walk away. What happens when it gets to trial is another matter but with all these issues with covid 19 etc don’t expect anything before seasons end.

Willow

Assistant Moderator
Another heads up on this subject matter.

As with previous threads, the same warning applies. If anyone decides to start posting presumptions either way, the post will be deleted.

The poster may be suspended or banned depending on the level of presumption.

On occasion, the moderators will nip it in the bud. We can't be here 24/7 so at times we will use preventative measures.

Anyone who thinks they know better than the moderators will be turfed out. Sorry for being heavy about it, but nice requests haven't worked too well in the past.

Many thanks to the majority of posters who understand this, and thanks in advance for reporting any posts that are breaking the rules.

Cheers.

possm

Coach
Post deleted by Possm. I don't think I broke the rules set out by the moderators but just in case I deleted this post. I is never my wish to operate out side their rules. Once I read Willow's post I decided to delete.

Last edited:

matPORTS

Juniors
While it would be a welcome boost for the club to have JDB become available for selection (especially given the whispers that he's still training the house down and showing up his team mates in intra-team trials - hell he might even help save Maestro's career)... let's just wait until Monday and not get our hopes up.

To be honest, I think the news item around this is poorly timed, and another distraction the club doesn't need.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Why is this news really. What does it say..... if charges are thrown out or dismissed he could be back playing.
What's so revelling here about the case and his chances of playing anytime soon not a bloody thing. Wait til Monday then we know more.

Old Timer

Coach
It’s got me stuffed how the media are peddling this scenario.

The case is up for mention Monday so there would appear to be a leak somewhere feeding the media.

If the case were to be thrown out on a “legal technicality” as per the scenario by the media I’m not sure that resolves a lot.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
Yep same place we were 6 months ago.

FTR courts have not stopped.

Just takes this long to get to the same place.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Hope he’s back still remember him in that charity shield when we held out the Rorters on our line set after set he was just cutting blokes in half then when we got the ball back he was pumping everyone up. Beast, absolute beast. Not going to hold my breath though.

boardlumps62

Juniors
It’s got me stuffed how the media are peddling this scenario.

The case is up for mention Monday so there would appear to be a leak somewhere feeding the media.

If the case were to be thrown out on a “legal technicality” as per the scenario by the media I’m not sure that resolves a lot.
I'm not reading that into the media report that there is new evidence etc. and he is getting off the charge. Seems to me he (Webster?) is just feeding us as he likes to hear himself talk.

Gareth67

First Grade
Unbelievably crazy ! ! As MatPORTS has said , very bad timing , why get our hopes up only to have them come crashing down ?

The likelihood of a definite yay or nay to this long running saga is approximately 5% , as there will be far too much to consider before making a informed decision .

Once again the media hyenas are peddling crap - imho that is . :thinking:

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I'm not reading that into the media report that there is new evidence etc. and he is getting off the charge. Seems to me he (Webster?) is just feeding us as he likes to hear himself talk.
It’s actually starting to shit me a bit. Some people might love it that the media are putting pressure on Mary, but the amount of crap they are putting out it’s hard to tell the truth from lies. They have to get articles out every day and when a team with the supporter base of the Saints are on the ropes a bit they are in fantasy article heaven.

Status
Not open for further replies.