What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jack DeBelin

Status
Not open for further replies.

DaMightyDragons

Juniors
He was our best against the Bullgrubs. Made a lot of hitups and tackles and looked like breaking the line a few times. I believe he should get a regular starting gig instead of Creagh. He seems to be struggling with the captain role and does not provide us with much go forward. thoughts?

TruSaint

Referee
My fiend you made one good point and one not so.
If you read my reviews on JDB, i think this kid will be a legend. Hits hard, speed, and has a bit of what we lack....... agro.
Having said that you cannot take Creagh out of the picture. He bleeds this club like Deano, and others before him.
Leaders are rare. Benny is one.
As for Captaincy, who r our choices ?
I get your frustration mate, but wait for JDB to develop (if we keep him), and support Benny as leader.

Ben Creagh remains easily the best choice as captain. His form is not that bad. And actually, with the right motivation, it is easily improved.

TheRev

First Grade
Creagh is essential.. hes our captain and even at his worst hes still a top performer for our squad.

Im a bit confused whats going on with JDB, is he signing elsewhere? Hes definitely a work in progress though, he seems like a robot but the size and talent is in there.. I wouldnt call it aggro though, like I said hes like a robot, I want someone to trashtalk and get in there and mix it up, even if it costs the odd suspension.

But there is room for both Creagh & JDB anyway!

Joey_dragons

Juniors
Jack debellin is playing really well. He's tuff,strong, strong defence can offload and breaks the line. We need more of him and need a few players like him. As for creagh ill like to see him play prop as his much suited there now than the backrow

nontime111

Juniors
JACK has been one of our BEST FORWARDS BY FAR please get behind him hes a future SUPERSTAR alright!!! SO good, SO young!! GO JACK!!!! GO DRAGONS stay with the red V brother please we NEED YOU!

willzy91

Juniors
Jack debellin is playing really well. He's tuff,strong, strong defence can offload and breaks the line. We need more of him and need a few players like him. As for creagh ill like to see him play prop as his much suited there now than the backrow

Totally agree with pushing Benny to the front row!! He basically runs as a front tower atm anyways. He still has what it takes both ability and captaincy wise no doubt about it. Put Benny into the front row and chuck JDB in the second row. And for the love of god DON'T USE LEESON AH MAU!!! He is terrible!!! Would rather see someone like Vea get a go, someone who has actually been performing in the cutters.

possm

Coach
Lay off the players. JDB is on track to be a superstar. Creagh used to be at the very top and is still young enough to get there again. What’s missing is a game plan to bring out the best in these and the rest of our roster.

Sure, Fein, Soward, Stanley, Hunt, Creagh and a few others aren't playing to their full potential. What we need is someone to gee them up and give them the confidence to get up there again. We need a coach that can identify there stengths and their weaknesses and devise a plan to get the best out of them.

Just go back to the time when most of you played footy - even if it was school footy. Remember how you felt when you performed well on the field and made a difference to the team performance. Remember how at training the coach pulled you aside and helped you fix up some of the things you were doing wrong and maybe how he devised a plan for you to exceed.

I can remember such things and I remember how proud I felt after some games when I was told after the game that I played well and that my contribution was significant - even during times when I still was seeing stars.

I'm sure the players regularly go out there with instructions and a game plan that they don't believe in. I am sure they are asked to do things that don't suit their style or talants and after a short time when nothing is going to plan, they begin to question the merit of the plan/instructions.

It's not the players, it's the coaching staff. Our Club has made a grave mistake, stuffed up, got it totally wrong. Let's just fix the problem and move on.

So my advice is to:
1. Address the coaching problem right now.
2. Forget about the finals again this year.
3. Blood our youngsters in preparation for a tilt at the top four next year.
4. Recruit/promote a first grade 7 and/or 6 if necessary.
5. Spend the rest of the season preparing for next year.

saints4ever

First Grade
Price just got an extension. Are we still going on the fact there is a chance he would be paid out? Me no thinks so. Coaching fkr better or worse is sorted for next year. Let's stop wishing and hoping on that one

BennyV

Referee
Interesting note:

deBelin started the year in not-the-best form, and as such was relegated to Cutters to make way for Prior/Ah Mau/Stockwell in the front row. He worked hard, waited his turn, and was rewarded with a first grade start, and since coming back has been an absolute beast...so one could say that the discipline and time with the cutters helped his development and made him a better player...

IS ANYONE IN THE DRAGONS COACHING STAFF ABLE TO SEE THIS? MAYBE THINK ABOUT THIS WITH REIN, HUNT, STANLEY ETC

dragondonar1

Juniors
I think coaching the dragons is the hardest gig in the comp. We are the most demanding supporters. If we had a bunch of blind legless chickens in our side we would still be expecting to win games. Our players are trying too hard thus adding more pressure on themselves. I've noticed if we score first we play up tempo confident footy. If a try is disallowed we withdraw and play safe boring footy that can't compete with safe adventureous sides. I think price saying we won't make the finals is taking pressure off players. This hopefully changes players mindsets into playing like they have nothing to lose. I'm just hoping.

Elias1983

Coach
I think debelin is having what they call his break-out year...

They need to sign him quick smart.

He cut pritchard and kasiano down several times easily!!!

Dragons_Head

Juniors
de belin has been massive in the past month, i dont think putting creagh on the bench is the answer though... de belin is better through the middle, so maybe a starting prop position is up for grabs for him. but we do benefit with his impact off the bench, either way he should be playing more minutes

Godz Illa

Coach
I'd start De Belin ahead of Weyman. Big Mickey's opening stint on Friday was terrible, but coming back on from the bench he was far more effective.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
JDB has been great. Good to see as this guy was talked up as a future starter for the squad and is starting to show us why.

twinkletoes

Juniors
Pick of the forwards at the moment....Merrin, DeBelin & Frizell. King, Stockwell & Prior also going reasonably well. Thats the core of our pack for next year. Add Thomson, we still need at least 2 big, aggro forwards with plenty of go forward, preferably a ball playing forward.

Old_Timer

Juniors
I take my hat off to pretty boy in recent weeks. Ah, but how many of you have noticed he ain't quite so pretty on the footy field of late. I am given to understand from a contact in the upper echelons of the Club (Como's spruker) that his teammates started addressing him as pretty boy, hence the haircut (passable by today's standards I guess) and an uglier Jack, LOL.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts