What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

JACKSON HASTINGS TARGET

dragon thomo

Juniors
Its a big call but i believe we should target Hastings.
We need a game manager for the future, and you can see the difference he makes to Brooks.
He knows how to set up for crucial plays.
Hunt can go to hooker as this is our achilles heal, and Sullivan to 5/8.
I am a fan of Hunts but if he is not prepared to shift it maybe time to let him go.
I'm sure the Dolphin s would take him.

SAP58

Juniors
And if you don’t try you will never never know!
Will not happen while Hook is coach. How he could possibly be happy with our attack or lack thereof is A total mystery however I will say Hunt is by far our best player that is why he can play either position but Bud is worth a try as we will not weaken either position to do so IMO.

justadragon

Bench
Will not happen while Hook is coach. How he could possibly be happy with our attack or lack thereof is A total mystery however I will say Hunt is by far our best player that is why he can play either position but Bud is worth a try as we will not weaken either position to do so IMO.
We are wasting a potential superstar halfback having him at 9, he's not a big guy and he shouldnt be there trying to defend 115kg props running straight at him as was witnessed on Saturday. It wasnt that long ago he was stretchered off in a neck brace during a game in ressies, yes he will have to learn better technique but if you really want to stuff him up keep putting him at 9.

Crush

Coach
In a second, the kid is a fantastic halfback, confident, has flair, hell he’s carrying the Tigers as much as Hunts carrying us at the moment.
Seems like a decent human too, sure he’s had his missteps in early life but I reckon he’s an excellent footballer with a brain in his head.

Not that he’s coming anyway but I would take him.

Dragon David

First Grade
We are wasting a potential superstar halfback having him at 9, he's not a big guy and he shouldnt be there trying to defend 115kg props running straight at him as was witnessed on Saturday. It wasnt that long ago he was stretchered off in a neck brace during a game in ressies, yes he will have to learn better technique but if you really want to stuff him up keep putting him at 9.
Not good putting a fully fledged half back in a position that requires extreme commitment in defence. Bud has got to start in the 7 position for the rest of this year. I don't care who they pick as a fill-in for Macca provided that person isn't Bud and the right person is picked who can do lots of work.

The spine should be Sloan, Amone and Bud plus X.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Not good putting a fully fledged half back in a position that requires extreme commitment in defence. Bud has got to start in the 7 position for the rest of this year. I don't care who they pick as a fill-in for Macca provided that person isn't Bud and the right person is picked who can do lots of work.

The spine should be Sloan, Amone and Bud plus X.
Yes- I've wavered on Hunt but that is because he is so frustratingly inconsistent and as we are all discovering- limited. His skill set is unlike any half I can recall. The strength of a backrower in close to the line attack, and (most of the time) in defence, an inaccurate/poor short kicking game, inaccurate (always a metre too long) last tackle bomber, but very good 40/20 poacher. Speed, passing game and vision pretty poor. Definitely morphing into a dummy half rather than a No 7 playmaker.

I hope we don't re-sign him beyond 2023 when he will be 33 and that between now and then Hunt goes to 9 and helps out Bud and Amone as they develop into our long-term halves.

justadragon

Bench
Yes- I've wavered on Hunt but that is because he is so frustratingly inconsistent and as we are all discovering- limited. His skill set is unlike any half I can recall. The strength of a backrower in close to the line attack, and (most of the time) in defence, an inaccurate/poor short kicking game, inaccurate (always a metre too long) last tackle bomber, but very good 40/20 poacher. Speed, passing game and vision pretty poor. Definitely morphing into a dummy half rather than a No 7 playmaker.

I hope we don't re-sign him beyond 2023 when he will be 33 and that between now and then Hunt goes to 9 and helps out Bud and Amone as they develop into our long-term halves.
I was hoping that we could have a vision for the future with young CM as 14 and we purchase a reasonable 9 , with amone sullivan in the halves with sloan at 1.