What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jackson Hastings

ouryears

Bench
Seems to be getting worse Ch 9 reports Cheery Evans and Hastings involved in punchup and not 1 st time that has occurred...I think he is on the long walk off the short plank...

Wow, that's one way of killing off a season.

They got to move him out fast or it will get worse and derail them.

Life's Good

Coach
What a waste , although I have only seen a few snippets of his play he must have had some ability for the Rorters and Silvertails to go after him . Any young bloke who was working at a ' hard-yakka ' job would kill for the opportunity that these young players have and all due to their rugby league skill .

Now it would appear that he himself is also headed into the real world where you must work to earn a living and if you have an arrogant mouth you could expect it to be closed very quickly in no,uncertain way . Can never understand why they behave this way when they have the world at their feet ?
Very wise words Gareth67. There are a tonne of examples of sportspeople who have thrown it all away because their ego got in the way. It amazes me that it still happens when you think of the support they get off the field that they can run off the rails. It’s because of this that they get very little sympathy from the general public.
Hopefully he is able to turn it around before it’s too late and if he doesn’t he will stare into the mirror at the cause for the rest of his life.

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Seems to be getting worse Ch 9 reports Cheery Evans and Hastings involved in punchup and not 1 st time that has occurred...I think he is on the long walk off the short plank...
I reckon it's a tactic by Manly, they are now investigating it, will find him guilty & rip up hes contract, then can use that money in their salary cap, if they just drop him to ISP, they still have him on their cap...

Gareth67

First Grade
Very wise words Gareth67. There are a tonne of examples of sportspeople who have thrown it all away because their ego got in the way. It amazes me that it still happens when you think of the support they get off the field that they can run off the rails. It’s because of this that they get very little sympathy from the general public.
Hopefully he is able to turn it around before it’s too late and if he doesn’t he will stare into the mirror at the cause for the rest of his life.

Hopefully so Life's Good , as you and Saintsfield have mentioned , he is still young and if able to straighten himself out , then there may still be a path to another club .

Last edited:

ouryears

Bench
I reckon it's a tactic by Manly, they are now investigating it, will find him guilty & rip up hes contract, then can use that money in their salary cap, if they just drop him to ISP, they still have him on their cap...

Fox report as follows.

With a major player revolt against the utility, Manly coach Trent Barrett reportedly consulted the players before deciding to banish him to Blacktown for the rest of the season.

The news follows an incident involving captain Daly Cherry-Evans in Gladstone.

Rumours emerged last week that Hastings, who joined the club in 2017, had been involved in a fight at training with skipper Daly Cherry-Evans who played it off as “a lovers’ tiff”.

LIVE stream every 2018 NRL Telstra Premiership game on FOX SPORTS. Get your free 2-week Foxtel Now trial & start watching in minutes. SIGN UP NOW >

But this isn’t the first time Hastings has clashed heads with a Sea Eagles teammate.

The latest incident was the tipping point and now the situation has become untenable.

While it’s being reported that Hastings has been immediately shopped to rivals, one recruitment manger revealed “they’ve been shopping him for months”.

One recruitment manager told foxsports.com.au:
“No one will touch him. Super League is probably his only option”.

placeholder.jpg

Former premiership winning five-eighth Jamie Soward admits he feels sorry for the 22-year-old who has been placed under an enormous amount of pressure since he came into grade in 2014 at the Roosters.

The son of arguably the Roosters greatest ever half, Kevin Hastings, Jackson has struggled to deal with the pressure heaped on him from an early age.

“Where there’s smoke there’s fire,” Soward told Bill and Boz.

“I feel sorry for Jackson Hastings. He’s a young kid still trying to find his way.

“If you rub someone up the wrong way, a senior player, when you haven’t done anything in the game it’s very hard to come back from.

“You’d have to think that there would’ve been an exchange, there would’ve been a warning or a talking from a senior player saying ‘pull your head in a little bit. If it keeps going over the line, there’s only so many times I can help you before you turn the playing group against you’.”

09468ab7b08f0d165e9e9b46e8249838

Sea Eagles player Jackson Hastings (centre) is seen warming up.
It’s not the first time Hastings has fallen out with his teammates.

While at the Roosters, it was well reported he’d fallen out of favour with the senior leadership group and most notably Jake Friend.

Soward hopes Hastings can get some help to address the personality clashes before his career unravels.

“I feel sorry for Jackson because he’s a fantastic player (and) obviously carries a very famous last name as well,” Soward said.

“He’ll find a club somewhere but he probably just needs to get some help in terms of energy and all those little things in and around being in and around a team that sometimes pull back a little bit on your character because not everyone is your cup of tea.

https://www.perthnow.com.au/sport/r...-hastings-ng-2dea1ec77c0c7cb1a27cede80009a3c8

dragonssamy61

First Grade

Just been told Manly are not going to let him leave. Because they would have to pay him out and that comes out of the salay cap.
There going to make him play isp for blacktown workers for the rest of the season.
There probably hopping he will ask to be realised

Last edited:

AyiosYiorgos

Coach
Just been told Manly are not going to let him leave. Because they would have to pay him out and that comes out of the salay cap.
There going to make him play isp for blacktown workers for the rest of the season.
There probably hopping he will ask to be realised
As i said in a previous post, they're now investigating the incident, i still think they will try to sack him, so they don't need to pay him out...

That will be 4 teams in a matter of a couple of years, IF someone picks him up, I doubt given his record that will happen.
I think he may have to start getting a taste for black pudding for breakfast.

Bench
Super league is the only hope for him. I doubt any NRL would want him and if a team was interested it would be only at a low contract rate.

possm

Coach
True, ever so true , worked at the fruit shop on afternoons and then Flemmings supermarket on the Saturday until noon . Still went to school with the cardboard cut-outs of breakfast cereal packets in the soles of my shoes and wore hand-me-downs . Was fortunate enough to be part of a family of 8 , we never had much , certainly no holidays like some families did , but our parents gave us all the love in the world and that as we all know is ever so precious.

Today's generation is different , good on their folks for providing them with whatever they can , as they work hard enough, however decency and common courtesy also goes a long way in life . Perhaps it was indeed that Hastings never had someone to guide him in his younger years , but he is now past the age of excuses and as a young man should have realised by now that a bit of dignity is also what is required.

WOW! I worked at Flemmings on a Saturday afternoon and bagged potatoes every school-day afternoon at the fruit market. When I left school I had 1k for deposit on a 3k block of land at Tuggerah.

Overseas dragon

Juniors
That’s Mary’s and Millwards fault.

If Mary had taught him more respect this wouldn’t happen.

Also if Millward had of just offered him whatever he wanted he wouldn’t have an issue at Manly as he’d still be with us.. probably killing it.

Our club is such a shambles that we are affecting other NRL teams too now.
Your obviously on something

TomRedVRiver

Bench
I know I'm going to sound like a hindsight hero saying this... But remember when we all blew up about Hastings leaving for the Roosters?
Well..
images.jpeg

Gareth67

First Grade
WOW! I worked at Flemmings on a Saturday afternoon and bagged potatoes every school-day afternoon at the fruit market. When I left school I had 1k for deposit on a 3k block of land at Tuggerah.

Well good for you Possum , a thousand pounds would had gone a hell of a long way in those days . But a thousand quid would had bought you most of Tuggerah plus the sign itself . Sounds like you had all the makings of a regular little Donald Trump .

Last edited:

Draginzaaar

Bench
Me and you were born, did the chores around the house for pocket money (sometimes), went to school and had a part time job in the holidays, left school and went to work for hard task masters who would sack you for small indiscretions, so we learnt quickly who was the boss.
People like Hastings and others are born, do minimum schooling, signed up at an early by RL clubs and put into full time development squads and have never had a real job in their life.
They live in a closed society much like gladiators and they are fawned upon from a very early age.
We create this problem by allowing to happen.
Imagine if a full time RL contract was contingent upon you finishing high school or having a trade certificate or completing 2 years work experience for early leavers you wouldn't have any players.
I thought when the Under 20's was going, all players had to do some sort of schooling or work?