What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jacksonville Axemen news

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Axemen Staff
Drew Slover (Cheif Executive Officer)
Daryl Howland (Cheif Operations Officer and Coach)
Scott Crowley (Physio and Medical Adviser)

Players Confirmed So far
Daryl Spinner Howland
Perry Vaught
Pat Cox
Sean MacCartey
Bob Knoepfel

The first team meeting with all players will be Tuesday March 14th.

Practice will start April 18th.

All home games will be played at the Stadium Field at the University of North Florida www.unf.edu

Tomahawk

Staff member
Good luck in the 2006 to the Axeman. Can not wait until the Bulls travel south to battle it out with the Axeman in early June.

Mr_Ugly

Juniors
If he's not involved yet, I would be stunned if he didn't try to involve himself somehow.

From what I've read of the bloke, he might not be the most brilliant business man, but he does seem genuinely enthusiastic and very persistent. If he does get / is involved, hopefully there will be enough strong heads on the board to keep it all on the rails.

HelperMonkey

Juniors
Mr_Ugly said:
If he's not involved yet, I would be stunned if he didn't try to involve himself somehow.

From what I've read of the bloke, he might not be the most brilliant business man, but he does seem genuinely enthusiastic and very persistent. If he does get / is involved, hopefully there will be enough strong heads on the board to keep it all on the rails.

Not sure where you are reading from, but it was Gormley who created the split from the USRL to form the AMNRL. He cost the RFL and the clubs and groups then involved in the USRL a significant amount of money, if he never gets involved in RL again, it will be a good thing.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Steve Gormley is not associated with the Axemen in any way.
I have read articles recently where he is trying to encourage airlines to make Jacksonville a more frequent destination with marketing sports tour etc.
I wish him well in his efforts to expose Jacksonville in any way but he has no involvement with any of the operations of the Axemen or the Rugby League in Florida.
We are currently working on our website and the plan is to go live by April 1st.
At this stage we do wish to accounce that our Title and Major sponsor is T-Mobil (a mobil phone provider for those of you not from teh USA) and we partnered with them in various ways. In addition to their initail sponsorship, they have agreed to offer a $50 credit on new service to anyone who buy s an Axemen Season ticket. Our season tickets are being sold for $20. Which makes each games only $4 to attend.
We wish to extend a HUGE thank you to T-Mobil for their generous partnership and we are commited in going above and beyond to help promote and market their products and services.

brendothejet

First Grade
Great sponsorship news there Spinner!

how do you guys plan to handle the travel? How far do you have to go for your matches?

spinnerhowland

Juniors
We are flying to our 5 away games.
This is by far our biggest expense for the season.
The axemen will be paying for all flights for their players.

brendothejet

First Grade
wow! That is commitment! I mean I'm sure you'll get some discount for booking ahead in a big group but still...wow!

you guys are doing the game proud.

Big Bunny

Juniors
Well done with everything so far, it seems you're already producing a lot of fruit before you even play your first game. Being able to cover costs for 5 flights is absolutely huge, as is the sponsorship and the quality of the homeground announced, and shows just how well everything is being managed for this first season. There's only one team that can compare when it comes to travel, and that would be the side in the Cook Islands who fly to all of their away matches as well.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Press Release

The Jacksonville Axemen are pleased to be able to announce our Title Sponsor, T-Mobile.

T-Mobile has the full support of all Axemen players and staff and they are all committed to promoting and marketing T-Mobile products and services at all times.

Axemen Chief Daryl Spinner Howland quoted yesterday, "Out of loyalty to their commitment I will be at the T-Mobile store next week to change my cell phone service to them. Sponsors agree to these partnerships in return for promotion and marketing of their products. I hope to be the first of many to honor their commitment to the Axemen by committing to them by using the service they offer"

In addition to the initial terms of their sponsorship that gave them the title sponsorship of the Jacksonville Axemen, T-Mobile has also offered a $50 service credit on New Service to season ticket holders of the Jacksonville Axemen.

Mr. Drew Slover, Axemen CEO said "This is a major boost for the Axemen. With our season tickets being sold for only $20, which is only $4 per game, those people that purchase an Axemen season ticket and are in the market for new cell phone service will actually come out in front with the $50 credit being offered."

Plans are being made to by local T-Mobile chiefs to travel to the War at the Shore in New Jersey and partner with a local outlet to set up a marketing tent during the event.

We are working on trying to get the same credit offer for all attendees of the war at the shore should they switch service to T-Mobile. More details will follow in regards to that deal.

We hope this is a start in partnering trends within the AMNRL teams and their sponsors.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
After a meeting today between The Jacksonville Axemen chiefs and Mr.. Michael Mayes of Concessionaires (the concessions operator at the UNF Stadium Field) we are pleased announce that a deal has been reached to allow $1 beers to be sold at ALL Axemen home games.

Drew Slover from the Jacksonville Axemen said "This deal has huge in our efforts to attract fans to the games. With our home games being player during the summer months here in Florida it was a key part of our marketing to allow beer sales to our fans."

Daryl Spinner Howland welcomed the news from a fans perspective as well saying "One of the biggest goals of our operating plan is to keep the sport of Rugby League within the financial budget of ALL fans. We do not want to discourage or eliminate ANY potential fan due to cost of attendance. With our season tickets being sold at only $20 for all 5 home games and this announcement of $1 beers we feel that an afternoon out supporting the Axemen should cost the average person not more than $12 for entry, a burger and a couple of beers."

The Axemen hope to release the brand of beer that will have exclusive rights at all games in the near future.

Copa

Bench
spinnerhowland said:
After a meeting today between The Jacksonville Axemen chiefs and Mr.. Michael Mayes of Concessionaires (the concessions operator at the UNF Stadium Field) we are pleased announce that a deal has been reached to allow $1 beers to be sold at ALL Axemen home games.

Drew Slover from the Jacksonville Axemen said "This deal has huge in our efforts to attract fans to the games. With our home games being player during the summer months here in Florida it was a key part of our marketing to allow beer sales to our fans."

Daryl Spinner Howland welcomed the news from a fans perspective as well saying "One of the biggest goals of our operating plan is to keep the sport of Rugby League within the financial budget of ALL fans. We do not want to discourage or eliminate ANY potential fan due to cost of attendance. With our season tickets being sold at only $20 for all 5 home games and this announcement of $1 beers we feel that an afternoon out supporting the Axemen should cost the average person not more than $12 for entry, a burger and a couple of beers."

The Axemen hope to release the brand of beer that will have exclusive rights at all games in the near future.
$1 beers!! Not bad!

brendothejet

First Grade
f**k this team is sounding bettter and better all the time.

If i move and play in the US will someone find me a job pulling beers in a bar or stacking some shelves somewhere?

hgfds

Juniors
Is the aim to have more teams in the south and eventually form a southern conference,any links with the reds who visit jacksonville for pre season training

spinnerhowland

Juniors
Obviously we our ultimate goal is to expand Rugby League to all of the USA. However we are taking a very cautious, conservative and realistic approach to this venture.
We hope that the Axemen will have a big enough success on our business side that it will allow other teams and or potential teams to attract the sponsors needed to get the funds required.
Obviously the largest expense for a team like us is the travel.
We feel if we make every effort and then go a little above and beyond for our sponsors and supporters, we have a good chance of having them not only return to us for next year but also for them or others to partner with other teams. We hope to be able to use teh Axemen venture as a model for others to follow in future years.
I cannot stress enough how focused we are on making sure that our sponsors get every single bit of exposure, marketing and advertising we can offer them through the Axemen and that our fans and supporters and always thought of in all of our decisons. The biggest we feel at the moment is a very affordalbe game to be apart of.

spinnerhowland

Juniors
We do not have any offical conection to the Salford City Reds. However, I have attended a lot of their sessions in the past while they have been here and I have the greatest respect and admiration for them as an organzation and for Karl "Rhino" Harrison as a coach.
With the success they are having this season, it would not surprise me to see the Axemen use a very similar defence to that of the Reds.
They have commited to the City of Jacksonville on a regular basis and for that I only have sincere thanks.