What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jake Marketo

Gareth67

First Grade
Ever so similar to his Dad , a ' real chip of the old block ' . Knows how to tackle and plays the game to the best of his ability , unfortunately not quite up to the top grade . Best wishes to you young man .

Last edited:

BlackDuckSaint

Juniors
Although I don't like his selection in the team as there are players who offer more, Havili be glaringly obvious as a better back rower and hooker.

I won't take anything away from the effort he puts in. He tries harder than anyone and puts his body on the line every game. It is a testament to a man that looks to have no... real natural ability. He is all heart and props to that.

Happy Bday

TruSaint

Referee
Can we just wish the guy a happy birthday , as a Saints man , and leave the sarcasm / snipes at the door. Have we stooped that low ?

There's a full season ahead to turn him into the next Rein / prior etc... for those who wish.. Its a birthday thread FFS.

MattoDragon

Juniors
I agree with most here.
Jake certainly is not a first grader. However, we signed him, Supercoach plays him and he does the best with the ability he has.
Hope you had a great birthday Jake.

The Doc

Juniors
Why cant we just say happy birthday Jake and leave footballing comments aside in this thread?
There are hundreds of threads on this forum ripping Jakes playing ability.
And yes, i am one that has stated my opinion on Jakes selection in the team.
But for now, I'll just say Happy Birthday Jake.

getsmarty

Immortal
Marketo happy to continue utility role

Local Sport>Mitch Jennings20 Feb 2017, 10:42 a.m.
/
r0_208_3991_2453_w848_h477_fmax.jpg

MR FIXIT: Dragons utility Jake Marketo is happy to play any role in the Dragons line-up as he continues his career resurgence during the 2017 season. Picture: Adam McLean

DRAGONS utility Jake Marketo likes to joke that he’s been honing his kicking game in an effort to claim the club’s vacant No. 7 jumper but there’s certainly truth to the fact that he will play wherever he’s required in 2017.

Marketo is the first to admit that his attitude was not what it needed to be when he first came into first grade in 2010 as an NYC star, but has been a model professional in the club’s past two campaigns since being thrown a lifeline by the club prior to the 2015 season.

Marketo has proven a handy Mr Fixit for coach Paul McGregor given his versatility and he may well be called on to fill that role again come round one after fellow utility Will Matthews dislocated his hip in Sunday’s Charity Shield loss.

The 28-year-old said he’s happy to play the role again if it means a regular spot in a more versatile Dragons pack this season.

“I’m hating the contact sessions at training at the the moment,” Marketo said.

“Big Mose [Masoe’s] come back, Russell [Packer’s] there, Leeson [Ah Mau], Paul Vaughan, they’re not the funnest guys to tackle but luckily they’re on our side. It’s a good mixture at the moment of a bit of skill and some very powerful guys.

“As I’ve always said, for me, it’s about where I’m the best for for the team. If that means coming off the bench in a utility role if someone goes down, whatever needs to be done for the team.

“I’ve just got to keep concentrating at training, keep training hard and hopefully Mary puts me in the team [for round one] and we can go from there.”

http://www.illawarramercury.com.au/story/4478529/marketo-an-anywhere-man/

Lethal25

Juniors
Young Jake named four guys, Mose, Packer, Ah Mau & Vaughan in the article. Each of them with better claims to FG than he. Add in Frizzell, Thompson, De Belin, Host & Leilua, at 28 years of age you should have a better handle of your own abilities and realise where you stand in the pecking order.

possm

Coach
It would be better to hold onto another young junior than to hold onto Marketo mainly because we have depth in our pack of forwards these days. Other than Mary, I could not see another first grade coach ever selecting Marketo.

Uplifting

Juniors
He showed some good footwork in that try in the trial against the Tigers. Can play footy.

I like his positive attitude too.