What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jake Marketo

RedVDave

First Grade
Let's all take the time out of our busy lives to wish current great and future legend Jake Marketo a Happy Birthday! Let's embrace him and his great work ethic as sadly he is at least 4 years away from retirement.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY Jake "King" Marketo!

Last edited:

MilanDragon

Juniors
Happy birthday to him! He has as much right as anyone else to enjoy it!

Good on him for playing to the best of his ability and getting selected. If I had played footy my whole life and dreamt of being a professional I wouldn't turn down the opportunity to play first grade, regardless if fans thought I was good enough or not. He is definitely good enough to be a squad player, just not a top 17 week in week out

Old Timer

Coach
If only some of the people with loads of ability applied themselves as well as Jake.
Plenty piss it all up against the wall, at least Jake is a proud Dragon and does give it his all.
Prefer him to all the dickheads with chips on their shoulders blaming everyone for their own behavioural issues.
He's entitled as anyone to have a happy birthday.

Simon

Juniors
Let's all take the time out of our busy lives to wish current great and future legend Jake Marketo a Happy Birthday! Let's embrace him and his great work ethic as sadly he is at least 4 years away from retirement.

This goes is goes down as the worst post I have even seen. I think most Dragons fans agree that Jake shouldn't' be a regular first grade player, but the guy gets the most out of his ability. You have to be a good footballer to make NRL anywhere and we can all question selections, but to mock a player in a b'day post is downright disrespectful and says more about you than him.

I think most people in this forum would give anything to play a game for the Dragons let alone an NRL game which Jake has played plenty. I continue to wish him all the best and while I hope we select better players in first grade if he does play again I along with every other Dragons fan should support him and for that matter anyone who wears the Red V.

red rocket

Juniors

Happy birthday Jake you are a great clubman if some of our so called better players played with your guts we would be a better side what a stupid post get really sick and tired of the rubbish handed out to Jake it is also a disgrace how Mary gets spoken about in the last 20 years he has done more for the steelers and dragons then all you knockers put together. I also want a knew coach next year but i also wish all the best for Paul in the future

barry

Juniors
He kept Dunamis Lui & sebastine ikahihifo out of first grade and eventually forced them out of our club.

Happy birthday Mary's love child !

Drakon

Juniors
He actually does some good things occasionally in first grade. Shows talent. He gives his all and you can depend on that. He is handy as a back up player. And I hear the guys like him. He's a bit of a character around the place. Happy Birthday Jake.

possm

Coach
Every NRL squad needs a Marketo type player. The only problem is that Mary has no idea on when to select him and when not to select him. He is an emergency backup forward and no more than that. He comes at an economical salary and plays to the best if his ability whenever he is called on to play in the Cutters or first grade.

Don't blame Marketo he is putting in his best. Blame the coaching staff who do not have a clue.

Last edited: