What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jake Trbplodervic

McLovin

Staff member
Jake has been this way most of his career and people are only starting to notice now? Right up there with Josh Jackson as one of the most underserving rep players of all time

Munky

Coach
Jake has been this way most of his career and people are only starting to notice now? Right up there with Josh Jackson as one of the most underserving rep players of all time

He used to be legitimately good at getting his upper body free and generates second phase play.

Jackson was only ever an honest toiler

Canard

Immortal
The 6 again era has not been kind to the bigger boddied forwards.

It's a shame, because I'd rather all body types be involved in our game, and not just effete twinks like Sam Walker

I think Jake T has become less effective as he has been used more as a middle forward doing the blue collar work (i.e. settler hit ups, lots of tacking) so his running and ball playing skills have deteriorated quite noticeably in recent years. This has been in my opinion because Manly's front row stocks seem a bit thin, and also he's been used as a defacto prop in the NSW and Australian squads.

Also whilst last night he made only 4 runs in the game, he did make 47 tackles, which is 50%+ more than any one Broncos player, and the 2nd most by any player in the game.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Jake T these days

How You Can Score A Macca's Cheeseburger For 50c

some11

Referee
Reminds me more of Thaiday without the hair that made his hitups look a little more impactful than they were.

Deadset useless at getting post contact meters.

firechild

First Grade
f**k off dickhead , Hindmarsh was miles ahead of this dud, go watch some video before you pain us with your dumbass assessments, Hindmarsh played couple of seasons too long, before that the guy was a weapon!!!!
Flopmarsh was the most overrated dud to ever stink up a Parra jersey, quite an accomplishment given the stench in parra jerseys over the years.

I don't lay the boot into forwards who slow down over time. They're playing the most physically demanding sport on the planet and are usually getting belted in the middle most weeks. Of course they're going to slow down. The injuries over time take their toll as well. When I see a forward losing the drive and impact they had when they were younger, they have my sympathy not my contempt.

Munky

Coach
I don't lay the boot into forwards who slow down over time. They're playing the most physically demanding sport on the planet and are usually getting belted in the middle most weeks. Of course they're going to slow down. The injuries over time take their toll as well. When I see a forward losing the drive and impact they had when they were younger, they have my sympathy not my contempt.

What makes little sense is that Isaah Yeo's current game is somewhat modelled on what Jurbo was doing a few years back.

They've both played approximately 200 games and born the same year.

Did injuries really cruel Jake that much or has Hasler's game plan made him ineffective?

Latest posts