What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamaica v South Africa - Spoilers

nadera78

Juniors
Jamaica 10-0 according to RebellionRugby on twitter. That was posted 40 minutes ago. No update since then.

billy2

Juniors
I imagine the poor weather would have made the scores closer.

The USA V Jamacia match should be a beauty.

USA slight favourites, but Jamacia could spring an upset.

nadera78

Juniors
What about the size of the Jamaican lock!

That's Karl Pryce. Don't know if he was playing there (be interesting if he was) or just packing down in the scrum.

Well done Jamaica, I hope you give the yanks a spank. I don't want the AMNRL anywhere near the RLWC until they sort out the domestic crap.

TommyGun

Juniors
Does anyone know the extent of the jamaican domestic competition and what the standard is like? Before these WC qualifiers I had no idea they actually played

Wilson1

Juniors
If that was Jamaica's top team then just going on the scores, a tired Jamaica would struggled to beat the USA this weekend.

crimpo

Juniors
Wilson makes a good point - did Jamaica keep some powder dry knowing they had a short turn-round.

Respectable tour for the South Africans - two good tight matches and only one big defeat. Isuspect they would have settled for that.

JasonE

Bench
I think Jamaica v USA will be a great game, i think Jamaica can match them in the backs but USA will have the edge up front.
Their wingers Jamal Chisholm and Omari Caro are two of the fastest players in the game so hopefully they get plenty of ball in open space.

druzik

Juniors
Wayne Allen’s Scores a Double for Jamaica in WCQ

October 20th, 2011
By Daniel Andruczyk, at Campbell’s Field, Camden New Jersey, USA

Today saw some dour condition in Camden, New Jersey, for the second of the Atlantic Zone Qualifiers. A Jamaican team, bristling with overseas stars, had to overcome some atrocious conditions in Camden New Jersey to beat the South African Rhinos in their opening match of the 2013 Rugby League World Cup Qualifiers. The Rain meant that the speed advantage that Jamaica would have had would be largely negated and thus would have to slug it out with the Rhinos who have shown in their last two outings that they certainly can match it physically.

Read more...