What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham in the media.

Suitman

Post Whore
Seriously, he is as good a pundit as anyone in the media. Except maybe Sterlo.
Doing his work atm on Triple M and Fox Sports.
He really is excellent. His game day discussion and technical dissection of games is so much better than most of our Aussie pretenders like Anasta, Ennis and co.
And, gotta love his accent!!

edabomb

First Grade
Yup he's really good. He goes beyond the superficial analysis like Mark Gasnier used to, so hopefully he isn't also jettisoned because of it.

Perth Red

Post Whore
Exactly what Ch9 need in a revamped line up.
graham, ennis and cronk are the best three ex players on tv and fox has them all.

Penrose_11

Juniors
Ennis likes the sounds of his own voice and just talks way to much. Didn’t see him on any of the games this weekend, hopefully a sign of things to come

mozza91

Coach
Better than Ennis and Anasta is a low bar. My grog bog this morning offered more valuable insights than they do.

soc123_au

Staff member
For the amount of head knocks he would have copped he goes well. Hopefully Fox have him signed up long term. I dont mind Ennis either, and Cronk has potential if he cuts down on some of the waffling on. Anasta I really dont understand how he gets a gig, offers less that nothing, f**k him off and get Gasnier back.

King-Gutho94

Coach
Yep I listened to the triple m replay of the eels game at work yesterday. And i didnt realise how good jimmy graham was talking about the game as an expert commentator.

I didn't mind him on the big league wrap as well. He should be used more moving forward.

I understand him better then that dribbler braif anasta who fox seem to parade around as the greatest analyst in the game

King-Gutho94

Coach
For the amount of head knocks he would have copped he goes well. Hopefully Fox have him signed up long term. I dont mind Ennis either, and Cronk has potential if he cuts down on some of the waffling on. Anasta I really dont understand how he gets a gig, offers less that nothing, f**k him off and get Gasnier back.

Poor old cooper needs to slow down while talking sounds like he is drowning with words and about to run out breath

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Agree Jimmy goes very well, articulate and easy to listen too. I like Cronk as a pundit on 360 and Super Saturday etc but CANNOT STAND him commentating on games. He attempts to create excitement but just spits out words at a million miles an hour and he does it while yelling, awful.

magpie_man

Juniors
Agree Jimmy goes very well, articulate and easy to listen too. I like Cronk as a pundit on 360 and Super Saturday etc but CANNOT STAND him commentating on games. He attempts to create excitement but just spits out words at a million miles an hour and he does it while yelling, awful.

Cooper is great on the Matty Johns podcast show too, some excellent insights.

There's certain jobs for certain people...

To me - Cooper Cronk is an absolutely brilliant analyst, thus suited to post-game analysis and shows like the MJ Podcast. Putting him into game commentary is like putting him as a player into the forwards, just misaligned.

When i think of it.... there aren't many ex-players who stand out as great sideline commentators in recent years. They just seem to come in from the top ropes with anger or blithering beige.

Peter Sterling is the best for mine. And Vautin is great too, despite the stereotype he has playing the clown. Fox don't have anyone who can hold a candle to these two.

Last edited:

TheRam

Coach
It's the obvious bias that I can't stand from 99% of the commentators. Even when they are trying to hide it, it sneaks out regardless. Especially Anasta, Alexander and Ennis, but Cronk is getting up there slowly too.

That is why I love Graham. He not only analyses the game well, he has no bias in his voice or comments and actually praises teams or players very honestly.

Latest posts