What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham workhorse

justadragon

Bench
But in 5 months what has he done wrong? Appointed late Feb.
He is only a consultant. So the signings this year are not his,
we have resigned most players this forum cried out to be resigned.
We are turfing the players we want to go
Yes no one yet for 23, but our cap supposedly in a mess
You cant put where we are on Flanagan
True I agree, but like I said in my post without there being any sort of communication between the club , members and fans about our R&R position, we dont know what he has been up to, for that matter you can apply the same to millward, timmins and a few others.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Flanno may have done more than we think because Maguire leaving, McCullough being tapped on the shoulder and other bad signings leaving the door at years end is good business so far as I am 100% sure Hook would still want his buddies Macca and Maguire at Saints. He wanted Norman for gods sake. The young guys like Sullivan, Amone and Sloan signing long term contracts were also good as clubs were circling an Hooks treatment of Sullivan and Sloan would have them out the door if not for the long contracts. They are here till after Hooks contract is up so there is some hope they will stay longer if we hopefully get a new coach by then.

Anyway in terms of Graham, Hook has said the juniors have not progressed enough to put them in FG which Graham was part of. Graham did also have a few roles but Jayden Hunt for example has not seen much FG which he shold have been. Whether true or not we will never know that is Hook's view. Personally I think Hook is blaming Graham for not having them ready to save his backside. As well as blaming the other assistants for the same thing. Lets see what the new assistants will bring. I agree a clean out of the coaches was needed including Hook but this is a good start. The squad is pretty good just a few tweeks especially in the crucial role of hooker.

Mojo

Bench
There are too many roles. When did it become such a multivariate equation just training footy players? I often wonder whether a structure of the team + their coach would generate results. Complex and secretive structures generally cultivate blame-shifting cultures. Flat structures where authority and responsibility are very clearly paired and assigned to individuals tend to achieve results. Such structures also make it very easy to rectify under-performance.

True_Believer

Juniors
Additionally, Gentle's defensive coach history is:

2019: -57
2020: -356
2021: -142
2022: -130 (so far)

Not sure why we thought he was a good idea.

We've also already had a change in attacking coaches during the last 2 years.

dannyt

Coach
Flanno may have done more than we think because Maguire leaving, McCullough being tapped on the shoulder and other bad signings leaving the door at years end is good business so far as I am 100% sure Hook would still want his buddies Macca and Maguire at Saints. He wanted Norman for gods sake. The young guys like Sullivan, Amone and Sloan signing long term contracts were also good as clubs were circling an Hooks treatment of Sullivan and Sloan would have them out the door if not for the long contracts. They are here till after Hooks contract is up so there is some hope they will stay longer if we hopefully get a new coach by then.

Anyway in terms of Graham, Hook has said the juniors have not progressed enough to put them in FG which Graham was part of. Graham did also have a few roles but Jayden Hunt for example has not seen much FG which he shold have been. Whether true or not we will never know that is Hook's view. Personally I think Hook is blaming Graham for not having them ready to save his backside. As well as blaming the other assistants for the same thing. Lets see what the new assistants will bring. I agree a clean out of the coaches was needed including Hook but this is a good start. The squad is pretty good just a few tweeks especially in the crucial role of hooker.
The juniors haven't progressed enough to sit on the bench for 78 minutes and play for two?

Latest posts