What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
I agree however he would have to apply dispensation to travel and then isolate I'd imagine those cogs would have to turn very quickly for a chance to play
Exactly they would want him there and out of isolation at least a few weeks prior to round 1 to train with the squad etc. Is a great bloke but in my opinion I’d rather blood a young Ivan Drago than persist with the old warhorse. Who knows by the end of the season he could really become a solid bench player heading into 21.

denis preston

First Grade
Hang on Super League doesn't return until August.
Immediate release...
Has to be more to the story.
Another record for Mary, most amount of players to ask for a release from the club.

He would be on 600k ( remember signed him up on the down curve of his career but HE had the extra year option , not us !! ) Plus good money from FOX for his work there. Very strange . Can understand him finishing his career in the old dart but not playing here for the rest of the year and having to go immediately sounds like personal reasons. Does he have a English wife ?

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Geez, makes the coming Monday huge now (if it wasn't important already).
It's like going all in on a pair of 5's.

I like Jammer and think he has bought the prototype of the DNA the club needs, however, as a player in the NRL his time is up. Unlike others, he can see and understand the writing on the wall. Also, one last change to win a premiership and go out a winner. Sound familiar?

matPORTS

Juniors
What about if the the reason this has happened is that the new selection committee has raised the question of blooding a player or maybe Graham missing the 17?

This.

Not sure whom we would sign as a replacement in the squad should we release him, but we do have options already internally.

I know its a long shot, and I said in another thread we can't get our hopes up, but are the coaching staff also again banking on de Belin potentially becoming available?

Coffs dragon

Bench
I’m sure we’ll never know the true reasoning behind this request.

Whether it be, he was tapped on the shoulder, or was hanging around to get a assistant coaching position under Mary ((his mate) in 2021 and that is now history.
Or it could just be he’s missing the UK & his parents and genuinely seeks a return in light of the Coronavirus world turning upside down.

It maybe a combination of many things and I’m sure our club along with James on Foxsports will lace it with spin.

boardlumps62

Juniors
With James being released maybe our recruitment manager can look at David Fafita from Broncos. There are heaps of players out of contract 2020 just what do we need go get em. But who is the coach going to be that needs to be known soon so we can chase players.
And Jack well that will only be known after his court case is dealt with. He will either be free come Monday or the Trial will start and run its course and then we find out after Monday.
Plus we have Host, Ford and Blacker coming through.

boardlumps62

Juniors
I’m sure we’ll never know the true reasoning behind this request.

Whether it be, he was tapped on the shoulder, or was hanging around to get a assistant coaching position under Mary ((his mate) in 2021 and that is now history.
Or it could just be he’s missing the UK & his parents and genuinely seeks a return in light of the Coronavirus world turning upside down.

It maybe a combination of many things and I’m sure our club along with James on Foxsports will lace it with spin.
Could be some big changes coming see how we go against Titans. Inept performance = unrest IMO.

R&WTILLIDIE

First Grade
Given our history and never ending search for high quality talent, you would think we'll be signing someone like David Gower as his replacement. Turns 35 this year, can't get a run at Parramatta, used to play for us so knows Dragons footy...

This would be funny if it wasn’t true

hewi

Bench
Fafita to play at a club with a good coach and a hope of playing finals footie would be worth what, say $800,000 a year so to come to us $1.2 million I reckon.

merahputih

Juniors
Given our history and never ending search for high quality talent, you would think we'll be signing someone like David Gower as his replacement. Turns 35 this year, can't get a run at Parramatta, used to play for us so knows Dragons footy...
Too old! Matt Prior is still running around in S.L. Only 33 and can play in the centres.

qld redvee

Juniors
The club has said will not grant a release untill they find a suitable replacement what ever that means.
Good luck to you Jimmy.
Thanks for what you did here
Samy.
Suitable replacement ?? - should be like for like or better dont you agree .. would be interesting on how Graham is rated by staff either now or at prime .. I think Christian welch from storm would be a good target for next year so I would let our current players battle it out and look at bringing a development player in to fill the top 30 Its interesting that James has suddenly decided to move on BUT i think we can fill the void ( apart from passion) and dollars can be well spent elsewhere
Thanks for the memories James !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Latest posts