What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Graham

since77

Juniors
To be fair, he did say that fans SHOULD be able to bring negative banners into the ground. He just disagreed if that was the right place to make a statement. He even said he was open to some type of forum in which fans could express their opinion and that he saw value in hearing fans opinions.

Later in the show Paul Kent once again defended McGregor and said fans shouldn’t expect to win every year. These pigheaded knuckleheads don’t get it. I’m sure most fans dont expect to win the competition every year. What we do care about is the blatant incompetence shown in the coaching appointment process since Wayne Bennett left. We’ve had 8 years, EIGHT YEARS of mediocrity, and to top it off, our CEO has declared 2019 as a “pass mark”. We know a dud coach when we see one. That’s what we’re angry about.

BLM01

First Grade
To be fair, he did say that fans SHOULD be able to bring negative banners into the ground. He just disagreed if that was the right place to make a statement. He even said he was open to some type of forum in which fans could express their opinion and that he saw value in hearing fans opinions.

Later in the show Paul Kent once again defended McGregor and said fans shouldn’t expect to win every year. These pigheaded knuckleheads don’t get it. I’m sure most fans dont expect to win the competition every year. What we do care about is the blatant incompetence shown in the coaching appointment process since Wayne Bennett left. We’ve had 8 years, EIGHT YEARS of mediocrity, and to top it off, our CEO has declared 2019 as a “pass mark”. We know a dud coach when we see one. That’s what we’re angry about.
It is called looking hat the glass being half full rather then trying to raise the level, the club do it and so does Mary, the media chooses to do it when it suits or as is the case under program director instructions...dont forget they are told what to talk about and in what context
Same as the players in front of the media..as per club media policies
Paul Kent also added extra on 2MMM on Sunday arvo pointing out his wrongdoings

BBTB

Juniors
Jammer has more dramas than supporting our clueless coach...
Really hope hes playing busted..If not hes being rag dolled aka Dufty by All rival forward packs for the majority of the Season....
This is so true.
JG is a spent force.

Gareth67

First Grade
As said by some - the man realizes who is providing his pay packet and as such ( always being a fine example of decency towards his fellow man ) will not say anything untowards about the people who hold the purse strings or for that matter our marvelous one of a kind coach Mary ( the maestro ) McGregor .

Furthermore Jimmy Graham does not fall into the ‘ dirt-slinger ‘ category of player as you would find up in the Steel city area , or should I say ex steel city of Newcastle. The bloke is entitled to his opinion as we all are , so regardless of his or our own opinions there is a damn good chance that the usual banners will be flying at the S.G.C as they have been all season .

utility dragon

Juniors
Graham said exactly what a professional paid player would have said. He stuck strong for the team. It was a dumb question to ask him.
Who picks the team, the coach.
Who develops the game plan, the coach.
Who sets discipline and professionalism standards, the coach.
Where are we on the ladder??
Can Mcidiot coach? Well I don’t need to know about his passion or how hard he works. I’m sure he is trying BUT!! It’s NOT working. Football coaching is a result driven business. That is the only way to test if he can coach.
He may be a great guy, great clubman and I loved him as a player and I wish him well in the future but he has to go now. No results sorry you’re gone.

Kent is blowing smoke.
STI was created and positioned to be a "super club".
That means expectations were always to win comps and play finals footy.
I believe that the expectations of our fans are justifiably high.
However, ever since the JV they have been gradually diluted to the point where this incompetent journo has the audacity to suggest we shouldn't expect success every year.
How many of our games has Kent had to sit through and endure over the last 5 years?
Has he bothered to look at our stats and finals participation?
I don't believe we have had much success at all and this bozo is completely out of line with his comments.
Why do Melbourne and Easts dominate the comp every year?
Doesn't the same comment about fan expectations apply to them?
Dumb self serving journos that are unable to call a spade a spade and tell the objective truth.
Titans, Newcastle both came under minute scrutiny with coaches sacked as a matter of course.
Why not scrutinize St. George the same way?
Hypocrisy rules!

As said by some - the man realizes who is providing his pay packet and as such ( always being a fine example of decency towards his fellow man ) will not say anything untowards about the people who hold the purse strings or for that matter our marvelous one of a kind coach Mary ( the maestro ) McGregor .

Furthermore Jimmy Graham does not fall into the ‘ dirt-slinger ‘ category of player as you would find up in the Steel city area , or should I say ex steel city of Newcastle. The bloke is entitled to his opinion as we all are , so regardless of his or our own opinions there is a damn good chance that the usual banners will be flying at the S.G.C as they have been all season .
I have to laugh at all the James Graham warm and fuzzies.
This is the same chap that shattered Burgess' cheekbone leading with his head in the GF playing for the Dogs and the same fellow who took a nice chomp out of Slater's ear in another final/GF.
Let's get real. The guy does not want to retire and has already taken up his option to play on.
He is on good money so why wouldn't he come out and put a positive spin on the mess we're in?
He has nothing to lose and everything to gain.
His statement that McGregor can coach is just towing the Board faction line that appointed and supports McGregor.
Any player that stands in front of the media trying to convince the public that McGregor is a good coach, is devoid of credibility IMO.
Why do we have to have that notion shoved down our throats all the time?
They seem very earnest and determined to change public opinion.

Last edited:

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Best case scenario is Graham becomes coach of the forwards (takes Young's spot) and Saints have free cash to buy a top forward like Fafita at the Bronco's .

Gareth67

First Grade
I have to laugh at all the James Graham warm and fuzzies.
This is the same chap that shattered Burgess' cheekbone leading with his head in the GF playing for the Dogs and the same fellow who took a nice chomp out of Slaters ear in another final/GF.
Let's get real. The guy does not want to retire and has already taken up his option to play on.
He is on good money so why wouldn't he come out and put a positive spin on the mess we're in?
He has nothing to lose and everything to gain.
His statement that McGregor can coach is just towing the Board faction line that appointed and supports McGregor.
Any player that stands in front of the media trying to convince the public that McGregor is a good coach, is devoid of credibility.
Why do we have to have that notion shoved down our throats all the time?
They seem very earnest and determined to change public opinion.

“ Nothing to lose and everything to gain “ what the f**k !

As you have said - the man has a contract that has a option in his favor which he has decided to take up . Nothing wrong with that , you cannot blame him for that . You blame the people that offered him the contract in the first instance for not taking into account his age - the joint venture, you know the same people who offered our derelict of a coach his contract extensions .

As for the mans on-field rough house play , I can only say that he is certainly not alone in that ,besides Burgess deserved everyday he got . Perhaps if Graham was a few years younger the Dragons may still have a fighting chance of being higher on the competition ladder as those sorts of tactics have a lot of teams at the top of the tree at the moment .

As I said in my earlier post he is entitled to an opinion , no need to crucify the man over it .

redVinme

Juniors
Love Jimmy but the worst thing for club and player was him breaking his leg. Probably feels like he was robbed of the season and would of factored heavily into taking his option. Maybe he can retire due to mental health concerns then earn the same pay off the books as a club rep like Inglis.

St Georgio

Juniors
James is a Lucky Man, no doubt he has played the game like a true player, But he doesn't have the Eye of a St George Dragon supporter, I think he due for the Pension, the Players pension, Uh well him and McGregor can hold hands Skipping down the Tunnel ready to Smash every team in sight for 2020.
God Help The Dragons!

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
James Graham backing the coach and will no doubt line up for yet another season despite being well past his prime.
Most likely the club will need to get a bigger trough for all the snouts to fit in.
His comment re Norman is absolutely laughable and TBH the ones re Sims & Vaughan are not much better.
I agree OT...when asked was McGregor a good coach (or words to that affect)
Grahams reply was he loves the club hes very passionate about the club...and this doosy....he gave us a spray at half time against the Roosters and we went out and won the second half......seriously we were getting flogged before then...".we won the second half " are they kidding......with comments like that no wonder we are 15th on the ladder....is Graham helping The Imposter with his post match comments....to be honest I went to be bed absolutely stunned with all that drivvle...and thought to myself so this is where we are at is it....this is our immediate future...thatll do me

GC Dragon

Juniors

He did support his coach but most media didn't report on the fact he did say that fans have a right to there banners . He actually went against the club on that which I give him credit for .

As far as Kent saying we cant win every year . We have won one premiership in the last 40 years . Us older blokes who have been supporting the club for over 50 years would like to see another one in our lifetime . But the chances of that seem very remote .

The simple stat that matters with our coach is that in his 6 years as coach we have won only one finals game in that period . That's a horrendous record for any pro coach in any sport . And considering half the clubs play finals football every year makes it worse .

The buck stops with the head coach not the revolving door of assistant coaches that have been through the club in his time here . Getting to the stage where in future if you look up the word " mediocre " in the dictionary there will simply be a photo of the Dragons emblem . Every aspect of the Dragons from top to bottom embraces the word " mediocre " .

Latest posts