What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Maloney

Dragonsamy

Bench
With what money? Do people still not realise Widdop's salary doesn't suddenly become available next year just because he's leaving? Norman gets the bulk because we are barely paying him this year

100%
And Graham also if he continues.
Salary cap is very tight I doubt very much we will pick up anybody of note for next two or three years 2020 the end of the year we will have more salary cap but not now.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
100%
Salary cap is very tight I doubt very much we will pick up anybody of note for next two or three years 2020 we will have more salary cap but not now.
Isn’t 2020 in the next two or three years?

Carlton

Juniors
With what money? Do people still not realise Widdop's salary doesn't suddenly become available next year just because he's leaving? Norman gets the bulk because we are barely paying him this year

Widdop and Norman are about $1.15million this year next year norman is $700K thats $450K freed up. If Norman was fullback and Dufty moved on, that means Dufty's money would also be available (I'm not advocating this) just pointing out there should be money available.

If we dont have money available then where the hell is it being used?

Warabrook saint

Juniors
Widdop and Norman are about $1.15million this year next year norman is $700K thats $450K freed up. If Norman was fullback and Dufty moved on, that means Dufty's money would also be available (I'm not advocating this) just pointing out there should be money available.

To pay for the high performances on the field we have been seeing lately

kit66

Bench
I usually ignore these threads linking / wishing off contract players to us but this one I would love to see. Maloney is the best player / organizer in the league after Cam Smith, would be great for our team.
Won't happen but if I had any say in the matter I'd be hounding his manager with all the money and promises I could conjure up. He should stay in Aus anyway, the Blues need him.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Saints will have 600k for DeBelin so they should be looking at spending that on a like for like replacement not a reserve for the reserves in other clubs. We have plenty of those players.

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

A dozen assistant coaches don't come cheap.

Gareth67

First Grade
100%
Salary cap is very tight I doubt very much we will pick up anybody of note for next two or three years 2020 the end of the year we will have more salary cap but not now.

Gawd! Why don’t the irresponsible beggars just turn off our oxygen as well - 2 possibly 3 years ? Unbelievable that the board can throw money around in the same manner as a pig can shat ! :pig: