What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James O'Connor

JOC would easily make an impact in right league. He is a good athlete, with good skills. Those saying otherwise, or saying he's too small have never seen him play. He's Jo goat, but he is hardly a runt and his solid enough to handle rugby league IMO. Mentally/off field I have my doubts, but if the $200k being reported in the media is correct asking price, he'd have a dozen league clubs after him.

A Stray Alien

Juniors
There have been many good yawnion backs make the switch to league over the years and killed it in our game ,i say they came across for money as they were being payed zilch in yawnion but when yawnion started paying the big dollars it was the league players that switched codes and all the yawnionits said they the leagies would fail in there game but no they smashed it.
Backs seem to be able to a just in a switch of codes its the forwards that struggle big time so oconnor will do well on the field its the off field drama that the club who gets him has to deal with,there are four clubs after him his yawnion contract has been slashed by 550K from 700K a season so he is looking around

Bring it home Knights

First Grade
All totally beside the point.

You still haven't provided one South African forward who is 20kg heavier than the heaviest RL player that O'Connor tackled.

You're a dribbler.

Back up your original statement with facts.

Magpie4eva is a strong god botherer - facts come as a large second to whatever belief he wants to be true at the time. Using logic against someone illogical... Good luck with that! ;-)

adamkungl

Immortal
Again diverting from your original statement.

20kg heavier than the heaviest RL forward.

You're a flat out liar.

So many (most) of your posts on these boards are filled with genuine garbage. You wouldn't know your head from your arse you talk so much sh*t

this cant be restated enough times.

typicalfan

Coach
Wallace is a pretty good defender actually that is the part of the game JOC would be tested more than anything.

magpie4ever

First Grade
f**k, it must be the time of the month for you girls.:D

All I said was I believe O'Connor would make it in league, as a 1/2, 5/8 or fullback. I also stated he would need to change his tackling style from 99% legs tackles to the modern league style of higher (wrap up the ball and wrestle) tackles.

I also suggested that the back 5 forwards in union are bigger than the average league forward. It doesn't say, they are better athletics or stronger; it is just a bloody fact.

But the girls on here, who are haters of any other sport - and hate for no logical reason, attacked.

I have seen O'Connor chop down union forwards, weighing upwards of 130kgs. The kid can tackle.

So girls go on bitching about yours truly, cause I am a man and have shoulders. You know who you are - you pack of pussies.:lol:

super_coach

First Grade
Iam sure he would make the grade,rugby backs usually have good hands and are good kickers off either foot. As for defense,rugby has changed a lot since the amateur days,most elite rugby players can defend.

As for being a moron off the field, thats the draw back,but their are plenty of morons running around in the NRL that we would all like in our teams.

My guess he will command three times as much playing union o/s and will be out of the spotlight, so I reckon he will be very long odds to make the switch

NrlCoach

Juniors
He will return May and he wont be eligible to play for the wannabiees due to not playing the full sesason of super rugby. Parra, Tigers, Bulldogs, Dragons, Raiders and Titans should all be trying to sign him for the rest of the year. He can play Fullback and 5/8

kbw

Bench
He should play in the U20s comp. He can't tackle that well, not great hands and has an ego the size of suncorp.
This is the idiot that wanted to play 5/8 for the wallabies and was shocking. This is the idiot that it is more important to get on the drink than prepare for an international RU game.
Don't believe the hype, JOC is not that good

THE CHAMP

First Grade
I tried to enjoy union but my poor public school education meant I couldn't understand it

This.
The "you dont understand the game" bullshit has been served up to me on many occasions when bagging union. They must get taught this response at school as a blanket response to any criticism.
Maybe they are right because it is impossible to understand a sport that is just so incredibly shit.

Parra

Referee
This.
The "you dont understand the game" bullshit has been served up to me on many occasions when bagging union.

If this has happened to you on many occasions then maybe you don't understand it. Not a blanket comment - you personally. I have no idea how much rugby union you watch and how often you discuss it. But if something is being said to you on many occasions then there is probably something to it.