What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

Aaron_sfas

Juniors
definately. He got denied a couple of times, but he knows his way to the tryline too... just needs experience, a bit of size (he's 18, hasn't finished growing yet), and a halves pairing who know what they're doing and he'll be golden

Zigwaa

Bench
Got speed to burn. Plenty of potential, he needs to be on the wing for the rest of the year.

G.I.

Juniors
He'd score 1 or 2 tries every game outside Inglis, Inglis is the king at getting his winger on the outside

mxlegend99

Referee
He was up against Adrian Purtell. While Roberts is quick, I wouldn't measure him against Purts. He's one of the slowest players running around.

Would be good to see him in space against other speedsters though.

Johns Magic

Referee
He made Coote look like a prop on his disallowed try tonight, and he was rapid last week chasing Inu even with Inu pulling up at the very end.

mxlegend99

Referee
I've never considered Coote to be quick though. Seen him run down by average paced players a few times. Probably lost a bit of pace since his Osteitis Pubis injury aswell.

Johns Magic

Referee
Yeah I know Coote is far from the quickest back around, but it was just how slow Roberts made him look that was impressive.

i really hope he is picked this week sided with gi. They put together a great try against the sharkies with dave taylor...

Wesser is having a relatively good season imho... He is forming a good salary in england for next year... Would be good if we could get some sort of trade with young tomkins and set tomkins at half... He racks up impressive metres most weeks and his positional play is spot on most weeks and i still think he is physically able.

derekmc

Juniors
i really hope he is picked this week sided with gi. They put together a great try against the sharkies with dave taylor...

Wesser is having a relatively good season imho... He is forming a good salary in england for next year... Would be good if we could get some sort of trade with young tomkins and set tomkins at half... He racks up impressive metres most weeks and his positional play is spot on most weeks and i still think he is physically able.

Wesser blew a certain try last night, made a good break then tried to do it all himself instead of passing to Luke who would have made it to the line and made it 16-16, Wesser will stay as long as Lang is there. Would much rather Max at fullback and Roberts, Mansour on wings

BunniesMan

Immortal
Wesser, while not setting the world on fire is earning himself a superannuation gig in the UK.

I've been as critical of him as anyone but he is doing as much as we could have expected from him. When we signed (and then resigned) him we knew we weren't getting a worldbeater at this point of his career, we were getting an expierienced veteran who could:

a) hold the fort until young talent came through at the fullback position (and it certainly has in Roberts)
b) perhaps pass on some expierience to that young talent.

He's done that and good on him. If it wasn't for Wesser we likely would have had to throw in Roberts too early at fb. This way we've been able blood him on the wing and when he is given the #1 jersey in 2012 he'll have 10-15 games expierience in a relatively low pressure position which will make him a better fullback.

Roberts is the real deal, has speed to burn which is the one thing you can't teach, looks like he belongs at NRL level, hasn't been overwhelmed yet (keeping in mind he's still just a teen). He should be one quarter of our spine for a long time to come.

Mustard Keppers

Juniors
Wesser blew a certain try last night, made a good break then tried to do it all himself instead of passing to Luke who would have made it to the line and made it 16-16

Wesser had a great game last night and then that unbelievable moment of either stupidity or selfishness not to pass inside to Luke.

We needed that try at that time to capitalise on all the momentum created.

f**kin aggravating.

G.I.

Juniors
Another killer was the Chris McQueen not grounding it. Can't blame him, but it was a critical play.

Ttime

Juniors
I reckon the biggest was fanta pants not taking his man when the panthres scored their second try. He was so far in he created a massive overlap when it should have been man on man.

So annoying

t10do

Juniors
dont want to continue the continue the bitchfest:D, but of all the incidents mentioned, the mcqueen incident gave me the most shits. thats the kind of stuff that drives coaches mad!nathan is a very good player, but i for one reckon he should stay on the wing.we should send old rhys off with a pat on the back because apart from that brain snap vs the dragons, he is line to be player of the season really.

haha, in his mind he was 25 again and had enough gas to throw the dummyand streak away for the 4 points:Dat least he hang onto the ball.

derekmc

Juniors
Wesser had a great game last night and then that unbelievable moment of either stupidity or selfishness not to pass inside to Luke.

We needed that try at that time to capitalise on all the momentum created.

f**kin aggravating.

Great game.. i dont think so, while he still offers a bit in attack when he doesnt drop the ball, not pass it to his teammates in gaps, and continually getting in the way of the dummy half, his reading of defence is terrible, probably because he is just that yard or two slower, how many tries have been scored because he has'nt been there or relying on someone else to do the tryline covering. BRING IN MAX we need to start preparing for 2012 unfortunately