What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

barry

Juniors
I think James is struggling to fit in a "structured" team.

In saying that he hasn't been given quality ball, Ben Hunt is a dud, can't beleive Bennett let Ash Taylor go to keep Hunt the dud

Minh

First Grade
Judging by these comments he must be struggling lately. He was playing some good footy in the early rounds, but is well marked now by the looks of it.

tumbidragon

First Grade
He's not struggling at all. He's just starved of any ball in that backline structure. The only time he gets his mitts on the pill is generally from a dh scoot...

In saying that he hasn't been given quality ball, Ben Hunt is a dud, can't beleive Bennett let Ash Taylor go to keep Hunt the dud

I wish we had these two duds - Roberts and Hunt.

Straight Shooter

Minh

First Grade
A bit hard to like him but I think BJ Leilua is close to the best centre in the game now....

Old Timer

Coach
George Jennings at Penrith will be the next big thing in the centres.

Leilua and Roberts both have troubled personalties, will enjoy great highs and lows and will be journey men over their careers.

kit66

Bench
He's not struggling at all. He's just starved of any ball in that backline structure. The only time he gets his mitts on the pill is generally from a dh scoot...

I agree with this and you don't need his kind of speed in those sweeping attacking plays the Broncs use. His kind of speed is good in broken field play, one on one aginst his opposite or getting outside a shortened defensive line. Perfect for Canberra or Titans less structured game too.
He's being wasted at the moment. Don't want him at the Dragons though.

st.phil

Bench

In saying that he hasn't been given quality ball, Ben Hunt is a dud, can't believe Bennett let Ash Taylor go to keep Hunt the dud
Ben Hunts a dud? Hahaha very nice attempt at humour...next in line for QLD origin, has jumped DCE in the queue - Bennett has no idea eh...:crazy:

inside_pass

Bench
Ben Hunt has got a great dummy.If you don't fall for it and shut him down he hasn't got much else.
DCE is still a better all round player than Hunt.

TheRev

First Grade
Roberts might be a bit flat at the moment, but he will get there... though I have to say after seeing a few of his interviews, I really dislike him as a person... seems to lack intelligence & warmth... I think he would have struggled to fit in at our club.

Dragsters

First Grade
Roberts might be a bit flat at the moment, but he will get there... though I have to say after seeing a few of his interviews, I really dislike him as a person... seems to lack intelligence & warmth... I think he would have struggled to fit in at our club.

Agreed.

Self absorbed and he doesn't strike me as a team type player.

Sprinter might have been more up his alley.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Gordon Tallis started his career similar to James Roberts. When he left Saints he was awesome, went to Bronco's and did not have no way near the same impact. It took him a year or 2 to get back to his best form. Getting use to Bennett's style of coaching. Not being biased but I still reckon Tallis's best footy was in the red V.

barry

Juniors
Ben Hunts a dud? Hahaha very nice attempt at humour...next in line for QLD origin, has jumped DCE in the queue - Bennett has no idea eh...:crazy:

Wowwwwwwwwwwww

Hahahahah this made me laugh.

Who said DCE was even next in line.

Cronk > Morgan > Milford > DCE > Hunt

Havent been watching the Broncos games much? Do you even watch the NRL?

Did you happen to catch the 2015 grand final by any chance?

Ben Hunts kicking game, particularly in the final quarter of the matches has been 2nd worst in the comp (cant say that it has been worst then Widdops)

With Brisbanes star line up most half backs in the comp would excel in their team.

Ash Taylor would do a much better job then what Hunt is doing at the Broncs.

And for the record, i did not say that Bennett has no idea, but i believe he got this one wrong, Ash Taylor is better then Ben hunt.

Last edited: