What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

James Roberts

Some word that James Roberts is leaving Brisbane and heading back to a Sydney club.... Surely he is the speed we need...
Signing Roberts and teaming him up with Lafai would make a massive difference to our backline.
Add Dufty at fullback and you may see our existing wingers scoring piles of tries.

Gareth67

First Grade
Unbluudybelievable ! Really , I mean the bloke came to down to the Gong a couple of years ago and more or less said that he wouldn't want to live there ( what an insult to the good people of Wollongong ) .

Yes it would be nice to have a player that has his speed and elusiveness , however not with the name of James Roberts . IMO , a ticking timebomb .
Out of curiosity , there must be a ' cleanskin ' out there somewhere in rugby league land , one that comes without any warning labels , such as ' handle with care - contents corrosive ' ?

Last edited:

Dragonslayer

First Grade
No brainer for me.

1. Mann/Dufty
2. Earl
3. Roberts
4. Lafai
5. Macdonald/Nightingale
6. Widdop
7. Hunt

That is a sexy backline.
I'm sure lady boys all over the world would be reaching for the vas jar as we speak.
But seriously, I'm not a fan of Aitken but you'd replace him with a 27 yr ols wgo hasn't played thw game for 4 yrs.....you can't be serious!
Roberts needs an expansive game to show his worth....we have the spluttering power game.
Whilst i'm all for speed in our team our game plan does not suit a quick spread remembet wr are about hit up aftet hit up after hit up then kick.
As long as McGregor is coach players like Roberts and co would catch a cold at the Dragons.

TruSaint

Referee
Unbluudybelievable ! Really , I mean the bloke came to down to the Gong a couple of years ago and more or less said that he wouldn't want to live there ( what an insult to the good people of Wollongong ) .

Yes it would be nice to have a player that had his speed and elusiveness , however not with the name of James Roberts . IMO , a ticking timebomb .
Out of curiosity , there must be a ' cleanskin ' out there somewhere in rugby league land , one that comes without any warning labels , such as ' handle with care - contents corrosive ' ?

well said mate ...

Old Kogarah Boy 1

First Grade

Yes it would be nice to have a player that had his speed and elusiveness , however not with the name of James Roberts . IMO , a ticking timebomb .

Bang on mate.
Roberts is a time bomb waiting to go off.
The very reason as stated that he is not settled / never settled.
Doesn't like the Gong, eh?
Yeh, probably better back at the Cross, Bondi, etc.
Got the talent, just not the head,

FlameThrower

Bench
Anyone watch the Rabbits and Pantgers game?? Examples of outright speed and long range tries on display...we can only dream of that.
Roberts has that outright speed, but looks like he could go off the rails at any moment.
We raved on about our junior retention - which was great, but we are soooooo conservative in bringing these guys into FG. Dufty I hear is carving it up, so bring him into FG now.. Nighty is not the answer and we've blown a great opportunity to blood Dufty or even Mann as FB thus far.

Rocket Rod

Juniors
Would be great to pinch two key players off mercenary Bennett.
We've got one in Hunt and Roberts would irk him big time.
Lock him in !!!

Brutalitops

Juniors

Yes it would be nice to have a player that has his speed and elusiveness , however not with the name of James Roberts . IMO , a ticking timebomb .
I wouldn't want to live in Wollongong either.

Pro Dragons

Juniors
Roberts needs a 24hr handler. He suits a team full of stars that can set him up and point in the direction of the tryline. Sadly, the Dragons only know their own tryline from standing behind it waiting for the opposition to convert their tries.

Blood Shot Eyes

First Grade
Sorry not even going to hazzard a guess on this one.....wasnt we talking about him coming here lasy year...just put his name along with all the otbers on the strip magnet and put it on the fridge

FFS.
I'd like a backline of.....

Tedesco
Vunavalu
Hayne
Roberts
Johnston
Thurston
Cronk

But we all have dreams, and barring a quick bucket run at Kogarah Oval for a gold coin donation, it just ain't gunna happen.
So how about we just promote our very promising juniors instead.

Walpole

Juniors
FFS.
I'd like a backline of.....

Tedesco
Vunavalu
Hayne
Roberts
Johnston
Thurston
Cronk

But we all have dreams, and barring a quick bucket run at Kogarah Oval for a gold coin donation, it just ain't gunna happen.
So how about we just promote our very promising juniors instead.
You're kidding!! Does that mean we're playing Jack Bird in reserves?