James Segeyaro

Discussion in 'Brisbane Broncos' started by Big Pete, May 10, 2019.

1. Big Pete

Big Pete Referee

Signed till 2019.

2. Big Pete

Big Pete Referee

I'd be curious to get some perspective from some Panthers and Sharks fans.

@mxlegend99 what happened with Segeyaro at Penrith? In 2013-14 it seemed like he was one of the best dummy halves in the competition and I remember he started 2015 pretty well. Is that an accurate assessment or was Segs always an inconsistent player and was the transition of Wallace to 9 considered a god-send by Hook?

@Mr Angry Segs returned to you guys in 2017 but it seemed like his status at the club was up in the air at various points. If I remember correctly, the Sharks wanted him at the start of the season but they were having trouble getting clearance from the NRL. It seemed like from the outside looking in after a slow start, Segs looked more comfortable in his second season at the club and was a decent foil for Brailey. 1. Is that a fair assessment and 2. What's the word on his form with the Newtown Jets? From my understanding, he wasn't in the long term picture because the club views Blayke as the best dummy half moving forward.

3. Mr Angry

Mr Angry Not a Referee

Segeyaro was good for us off the bench, energy player and yes would probably be in Blayke spot, we were not allowed so had to play for the Jets.

Yeah he lost money that s how you punish a club, so happy for him, whilst I am sure not on huge dollars better than Jets contract, which he is.

Been up and down for them, always a threat, starts plenty of minutes.

Off the bench he should be a foil for a rookie to catch his breath. Did not sook, put in. Good call buying for this year, up to him to earn next year.

Big Pete likes this.
  4. DeeJ

DeeJ Bench

I've always liked him as a player, but I heard he had some off field issues that have not made him a priority with his clubs.

He is a good signing. A bit sad for Turpin though who will go to 3rd choice. He has been impressive every time he's played first grade.

5. Tryhard

Tryhard Juniors

Not so sure it is sad for Turpin - as per Mr Angry Turpin is the long term prospect (unless Seibold does a Roberts) an Seg will be cover/foil off bench and in fact Turpin can learn a lot from Seg.
    Off course could be proven wrong

6. TheFrog

TheFrog Coach

He was preferred to Koroisau at the end of 2015, but fell out of favour in 2016 due to hanging around with the wrong people. Had a broken arm early '16 which led to Wallace being tried at dummy half. This was so successful Seg could not get the starting spot back. At this time he was told he would not be re-signed and soon he was on a plane to England, which didn't work out too well. He's something of a one season wonder (2014).

Damn shame we didn't keep Korisau but then Wallace's first grade career may not have got the new lease of life it did.

Big Pete likes this.
  7. THE CHAMP

THE CHAMP First Grade

I’ve read about off field issues also however plenty of players have that problem these days. Just keep him away from Roberts and he might surprise a few people. He has the explosive speed we have been missing at dummy half for years and can make a massive difference if he’s committed

8. Mr Angry

Mr Angry Not a Referee

Paid for himself already.

Use wisely, keep starting Turpin.