What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jamie Lyon - Out indefinately.

Angry_eel

First Grade

Listened to the whole thing, thoughts:
- He sounds like the most lazy bloke I've ever heard, his tone can put a baby to sleep
- He really sounded like he was sick of Parra at the time
- I'm glad he thinks Parra fans hate him, we do. Having said that, how much has the game changed. What he did is almost common now. Just look at Klemmer.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I'm glad he thinks Parra fans hate him, we do. Having said that, how much has the game changed. What he did is almost common now. Just look at Klemmer.

Na, it’s not that common, yeah plenty of players ask for a release but many are refused and they just play on and not walk away.

But how often does a player walk away from their contract without a release and not play as they have not been given a release? Can’t really think of many in the last 20 years.

Look at Peachey, he tried this year to break his contract and had no luck so is playing with the titans.

Klemmer still doesn’t have a release thus why the deal with knights hasn’t been finalised.

Noise

Coach
Na, it’s not that common, yeah plenty of players ask for a release but many are refused and they just play on and not walk away.

But how often does a player walk away from their contract without a release and not play as they have not been given a release? Can’t really think of many in the last 20 years.

Only ones I can think of are:

Jamie Lyon
Gordon Tallis
Sonny Bill Williams

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Only ones I can think of are:

Jamie Lyon
Gordon Tallis
Sonny Bill Williams

Yep, And Tallis was forced to sit out a year, while SBW had to pay substantial compensation to the dogs I think, or he couldn’t play rugby (as the dogs wouldn’t release him and there was an injunction I think etc)

Gronk

Staff member
Yep, And Tallis was forced to sit out a year, while SBW had to pay substantial compensation to the dogs I think, or he couldn’t play rugby (as the dogs wouldn’t release him and there was an injunction I think etc)
Mundine lent him $750k IIRC.