What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jared Simpson - Huddersfield Giants

JasonE

Bench
Jared Simpson is a 19yo who was named man of the match and scored a try on debut yesterday against Wigan.
Six years ago when Jared was only 13, I was told to keep an eye out for him as he could be a star of the future, since then I have followed his progress from afar and regularly checked in to see how he was going and watched as much video of him as possible.

So it was great to hear he did so well on debut and hopefully he gets another start next week.

Evil Homer

Staff member
Not a player I'm familiar with but from seeing the highlights he looks to be extremely slender, you would think he'd have to gain at least some size to be a credible Super League player in the future.

Two players to watch out for are St Helens' Welsh centre-wing duo of Calvin Wellington and Regan Grace. Scoring tries for fun at U19s level.

JasonE

Bench
Absolutely agree about Simpson's lack of size, he looks tiny.
He does have great pace and acceleration though so hopefully he can get bigger without losing that speed.

I have been watching Wellington & Grace as much as possible and hope they sign new contracts to stay in RL because I am sure Union will be after them, Grace is a real flyer but Wellington looks an all-round class centre who could develop into something special.

Latest posts