What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Jarryd Hayne sexual assault trials

Do you reckon the Tigers will still offer him a deal for when he gets out? He will be 40 but surely still better than BJ

Luke Brooks will have just guided us to our 9th ninth place finish by then and will be ready to take the team to the next level. Just needs Hayne to push us into that illusive finals position for the first time since 2011.

Incorrect

Coach
Can't wait to read Danny Weedler's spin on this in next Sundays' Sun-Herald.... Or maybe his Jarryd Hayne pom-pom's have been retired now after today's verdict...

Vozzy

Juniors
Knowing his profile he probably prefer being put in the extreme criminal side of prison where they are not even allowed outside with other people. I just hope he doesn't hurt himself and if he ever gets out can give back to the community but the lady is the victim not him.

Kilkenny

Coach
This situation is far from being concluded in the criminal justice system.

His legal team will be at work already dissecting the trial proceedings to identify any legal grounds on which they may be able to lodge an appeal to the higher court, being the Criminal Court of Appeal.

The grounds for appeal largely involve decisions made by the presiding judge, directions she gave to the jury, rulings on admissibility of evidence etc

This case is likely far from being over but it is going to hurt him big time in the hip pocket, has done already but is going to cost him even more.

_snafu_

Immortal
I'm surprised at the result to be honest. From reading what was released to the media, I thought there was enough doubt introduced by the defence case. Jarryd must have been terrible in giving evidence.

People here who think it's as simple as 'I don't agree with the result so I'm going to appeal', don't really understand the process or proper grounds of appeal. An appeal may not be possible. (probably is though in this case)

I read some excerpts of his evidence reported in the papers. He came across as a smart arse in cross examination.