What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Jarryd Hayne sexual assault trials

Chimp

Juniors
I’m far from a Hayne fan, and I have no opinion on what actually happened between the 2, but I’ve always thought he’d win an appeal on this - from what was reported at the time, it’s largely appears a ‘his word vs hers’ scenario, with some evidence supporting her version of events, some his, plus trial 1 being a hung jury, it just doesn’t seem a safe conviction.

Who knows?

Some of the remarks from the judge seemed a bit strong afterwards from what I’ve read, but that was after the jury finding.

Hes challenging that earlier finding, not the severity isn’t he?

At any rate, his spell in gaol hasn’t been easy.

Big change in lifestyle.

I Bleed Maroon

Referee
I’m far from a Hayne fan, and I have no opinion on what actually happened between the 2, but I’ve always thought he’d win an appeal on this - from what was reported at the time, it’s largely appears a ‘his word vs hers’ scenario, with some evidence supporting her version of events, some his, plus trial 1 being a hung jury, it just doesn’t seem a safe conviction.

Well he physically wounded her, I can only assume the court was shown medical reports and evidence regarding it, and she hardly tore a chunk out of her own genitals with her teeth.

Well he physically wounded her, I can only assume the court was shown medical reports and evidence regarding it, and she hardly tore a chunk out of her own genitals with her teeth.

The judges remarks are under consideration. The prosecution agree they were not perfect but “ perfection isn’t required.”

I wonder in cases like this, if you could poll the jury to determine if Her Honours remarks held the sway being argued. Confidentially.

He didn’t go down for any of the aggravated sex assaults or inflict bodily harm charge you f**king mong.

Chimp

Juniors
When is there expected to be an outcome on this? I thought it would have been done by now, but all gone quiet…

First Xmas in the slammer for Haynesy.

One minute you can be atop of the world, fast car lifestyle, famous etc and the next minute you’re in hell. Humble mode quick

Locked up for 14 hours a day in a cell. The food would be very different, 40 cents a day.

Claimed his innocence as he was led away. I guess a few do that. I’ve never heard of it working.

The cca will look at carefully. The states law lords won’t be rushed. Busy court. No favours to anyone. The best legal minds in the state of nsw. Theres is a very heavy responsibility to us and Mr Hayne, a tremendous burden.

Last edited:

mxlegend99

Referee
Be hard to get a fair third trial after everyone now associates him with being guilty. I think any jury will go in with a preconceived idea he is guilty regardless of what facts are presented.

Personally this was always a case where the jury verdict wouldn't sway my opinion. I just don't see how anyone aside from him or her can ever know for certain what happened. The evidence doesnt really prove he's guilty. It's simply down to which story people believe.

But i know my thoughts are in the minority.

Be hard to get a fair third trial after everyone now associates him with being guilty. I think any jury will go in with a preconceived idea he is guilty regardless of what facts are presented.

Personally this was always a case where the jury verdict wouldn't sway my opinion. I just don't see how anyone aside from him or her can ever know for certain what happened. The evidence doesnt really prove he's guilty. It's simply down to which story people believe.

But i know my thoughts are in the minority.

Minority or not, your view is valid.

I will have to read the decision before I weigh it all up for myself.

Otherwise, notwithstanding any past criticism I have levelled at him, he walks freely amongst us and so be it, whether anyone likes it or not!

And with that, his presumption of innocence materialises like a bolt of lightning. He will be relieved.

It doesn’t justify the conduct of his knuckle dragging mates outside the court that day or his juvenile outburst. That’s my honest view.
But that doesn’t make him guilty.

I am interested in the alleged evidence grounds more than the judges errata.

Last edited:

Lebbo73

Bench
Minority or not, your view is valid.

I will have to read the decision before I weigh it all up for myself.

Otherwise, notwithstanding any past criticism I have levelled at him, he walks freely amongst us and so be it, whether anyone likes it or not!

And with that, his presumption of innocence materialises like a bolt of lightning. He will be relieved.

It doesn’t justify the conduct of his knuckle dragging mates outside the court that day or his juvenile outburst. That’s my honest view.
But that doesn’t make him guilty.

I am interested in the alleged evidence grounds more than the judges errata.
If he’s innocent, I don’t like the prick personally, he’s entitled to chuck a tanty when he’s going away to the Big House. Like I said, if he’s innocent. None of us know except for the two of them.

Read the judgement. He's a entitled prick.

Yeah I read the previous decision ages ago and I agree in my honest opinion he is an entitled prick.

But the Supreme Court of Appeal has found this decision was wrong, it is the highest court in NSW, so it doesn’t matter what I or anybody else thinks about him.

That’s the decision I’m waiting to read, waiting for it to be transcribed. See what they thought. Legacy Media won’t give us the proper details.

I wonder if the DPP will keep going with it? 3rd go at him?

They pulled JDB didn’t they?

Last edited:

T-Boon

Coach
If he’s innocent, I don’t like the prick personally, he’s entitled to chuck a tanty when he’s going away to the Big House. Like I said, if he’s innocent. None of us know except for the two of them.

When did that happen? I think you are making that up.

Latest posts