What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Jarryd Hayne sexual assault trials

Last Week

Bench
Thus proving us Novocastrians are far more upstanding citizens then our Southern brethren.

I've never said this in my life, but I feel like now is the most appropriate time. And please know that I say it with the utmost respect.

Ring Gids.

blue bags

First Grade
Footy star Jarryd Hayne shares gushing post after his secret wedding with the mother of his child Amellia Bonnici - as he reveals why they chose to get married on Australia Day
  • Jarryd Hayne, 32, married fiancee Amellia Bonnici, 29, in a secret ceremony
  • In a post, he revealed the day was the fifth anniversary of when the couple met
  • Couple tied the knot on NSW Central Coast just a month after their engagement
  • Hayne and Bonnici got together in 2016 and welcomed a daughter, Bri, that year
  • Star began his NRL career at Parramatta, went to the NFL and returned to NRL
By BRITTANY CHAIN and JOSH HANRAHAN FOR DAILY MAIL AUSTRALIA

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...e-following-secret-Central-Coast-wedding.html

NRL star Jarryd Hayne has issued a gushing tribute to his new wife after secretly marrying long-term partner Amellia Bonnici.

Hayne, 32, and Ms Bonnici, 29, the mother of his daughter Beliviah Ivy, 4, tied the knot at Pullman Magenta Shores resort, on the New South Wales Central Coast, on Tuesday.

By Wednesday afternoon, he posted a photo taken at the intimate wedding, kissing his new bride against a picturesque outdoor background.

'Mr & Mrs Hayne. We met on 26th of January five years ago. Thank God for sorting us out and realising we meant to be,' he captioned the sweet snap.

'Thank you to our families and friends who attended yesterday. We had a unbelievable day with you all.'

38480636-9187165-image-m-72_1611641961885.jpg

Rugby league star Jarryd Hayne has married his long-term partner Amellia Bonnici in a secret ceremony at the Pullman Magenta Shores resort in NSW, just a month after getting engaged

38532026-9191607-By_Wednesday_afternoon_he_posted_a_photo_taken_at_the_intimate_w-a-33_1611732543838.jpg
By Wednesday afternoon, he posted a photo taken at the intimate wedding, kissing his new bride against a picturesque outdoor background. 'Thank God for sorting us out and realising we were meant to be,' he captioned the sweet snap

In the scorching Australia Day heat, the couple's service was intimate and low key, with a group of roughly 50 family and friends, including fellow NRL stars, attending.

Hayne wore a cream suit, open white shirt and sunglasses, smiling as he stood under a floral archway waiting for his bride.

Bonnici looked elegant in a lace white dress and with her hair pulled back off her face to show off her pearl earrings.

The couple chose the January 26 date to mark five years to the day since they first met.

They announced their engagement just last month.

After being together for tumultuous five years, Hayne and Bonnici tied the knot in secret

Hayne checks his phone as he and Bonnici sit on the back of a golf cart on their way to have photos taken

38479234-0-image-m-12_1611638548142.jpg

The deeply religious Hayne - who is a former Hillsong regular - chose not to have the ceremony in a church, instead saying their vows beneath a white floral archway in the resort garden

Hayne wore a creme suit and open white shirt, smiling as he stood beneath the flower archway waiting for his bride

Bonnici (pictured) looked elegant in a white dress and with her hair pulled back to show off her pearl earrings

38479488-0-image-a-22_1611638721182.jpg

The glamorous 29-year-old lifts her dress up as she walks towards the ceremony at the Central Coast resort

Hayne's father Manoa Thompson (second from left) watches on as his son stands waiting for his bride

The deeply religious Hayne - who is a former Hillsong regular - chose not to have the ceremony in a church, with the couple instead saying their vows beneath a white floral archway.

Those in attendance sat on rows of white wooden chairs spread throughout a grass area in between the resort's villas.

While the ceremony was shielded from public view, there was no relief from the sun, with temperatures soaring into the mid-30s by mid-afternoon.

Hayne's mother Jodie, his father Manoa Thompson - a former NRL star with South Sydney - and his half-sister Evie Thompson also attend

Also among the crowd was Hayne's former Parramatta teammate Tim Mannah.

It is understood only a select number of guests were told about the location prior to the Australia Day wedding.

The remainder of those invited were told to meet at a certain location, where a bus collected and took them to the Pullman resort.

The couple's decision to tie the knot comes after a relationship full of up and downs.

38479894-0-image-a-45_1611639739536.jpg

Hayne and Bonnici only announced their engagement on Australia Day, sharing this photo on Instagram

Jarryd Hayne posts video singing Adele to adorable baby girl
Hayne opted for light colours on his special day, wearing cream chinos and suit jacket, with a white shirt and accompanying rose

The newlyweds walked away from the ceremony to enjoy a drink, with Bonnici's bridesmaid helping to lift up the train of her wedding dress

blue bags

First Grade
“The deeply religious Hayne” haha that’s some funny sht right there.

any bets on how long they’ll last? hope she didnt sign a pre nup!
hope she has a ticket for the Hayne train express
or Hayne plane mile high club
a growling munch out, eat out, don't be too rough :p

Last edited:
hope she has a ticket for the Hayne train express
or Hayne plane mile high club
a growling munch out, eat out, don't be too rough :p

A fair summary of the competing versions of the asserted facts by victim and Haynesy can be found here:

https://www.mondaq.com/australia/cr...ged-in-the-jarryd-haynes-sexual-assault-trial

Note the Police powers to tap the phone after the event although I’m not sure much weight can be placed on what was recorded either way.

Had he made an admission, that may be different.

Shock horror, he’s out on bail and hasn’t re-offended. Same for Tristan and Jdb.

Where’s the lu army of the righteous now?!
Trying to kill spiders because they look ugly!

T-Boon

Coach
Note the Police powers to tap the phone after the event although I’m not sure much weight can be placed on what was recorded either way.

Had he made an admission, that may be different.

Hayne's denials sound legitimate and spontaneous whereas her allegations sound like she has sat down with police and tried to trap him (which obviously she did) so that should have had a lot of weight.

Phone taps in these matters are an interesting area. As it is one word against another and she is essentially charged with fabrication, should the defense be able to get a tap on her phone calls as well? Important evidence supporting Haynes assertion that she is a liar and fabricator of evidence could be obtained.

Hayne's denials sound legitimate and spontaneous whereas her allegations sound like she has sat down with police and tried to trap him (which obviously she did) so that should have had a lot of weight.

Phone taps in these matters are an interesting area. As it is one word against another and she is essentially charged with fabrication, should the defense be able to get a tap on her phone calls as well? Important evidence supporting Haynes assertion that she is a liar and fabricator of evidence could be obtained.

Thanks for your learned insights my friend.

I offer a few of my own off the cuff:

I am not aware of any entrapment behaviour other than the regular investigative devices.

I understand her version has her saying “no” on 3 or 4 occasions.

I am somewhat puzzled by what seems to be the profound and stark competing versions.

Where there was a struggle of sorts or adverse physical contact in particular, I note what appears to be the lack of any cries for help or audible commotion originating from the room.

Against that is her report to her mother contemporaneously and I am reluctant to enter into the field of battle against alleged victims. I suspect a number of victims under duress do not consider noise as a defensive weapon.

Very bad decision making at first instance by Mr Hayne, significantly inebriated and of interest, not so interested in a grand final v a wanton sexual escapade ( with or without consent) with a stranger in her family house.

I accept that some persons ( male and female) engage in flirtatious or enticing behaviours without any expectation or indeed desire to engage sexually. To assume the contrary is fraught with dangers. Things are often not as they seem and an extreme risk averse policy remains the best.

If found guilty, I hazard a guess as to full time incarceration. A very unpleasant experience and celebrities do it especially tough.

Gaols are violent, unfair and somewhat inhumane institutions. A giant schoolyard. Welcome back to year 6. It’s not the guards you need to be fearful of in most instances.

Vale the indomitable jdb thread! Wot larks, at the time, i verily concluded we had the greatest social media forum on the planet. Could not live forever, I understood.

Last edited:

myrrh ken

First Grade

Gee what a surprising take