What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

News Jarryd Hayne sexual assault trials

The_Frog

First Grade
Doesnt he still got to answer for those allegations in the states...
This is a civil matter. It might be heard in his absence as was Lodge's civil matter, no doubt a seven figure payout will be awarded as is usual in the US but I don't know how they can make him pay. He just won't be able to enter the US.

Lodge presumably is required to pay a certain amount every year in order to remain registered by the NRL but Hayne won't have that problem.

undertaker

Coach
I’m going to guess that this wasn’t his dream
images

He will appeal & perhaps get it reduced but he is doing time in one form or another, no question about it.

Yo buddy, he hasn’t been sentenced yet, so nothing to reduce!

He will go through the motions at sentencing and then I think he is likely to appeal the conviction proper.

A district court judge doesn’t tell the appeal court what to do, he cleans their wigs and drives them home!

But he’s not out of trouble yet.

Last edited:

_snafu_

Immortal
What that means is that the parole period will be 7 years for an offence in the middle range of seriousness. The judge will decide where this offence sits in range of seriousness, so it could be less or more.

Will the judge consider that having a taxi waiting out the front an aggravating factor?