What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

T-Boon

Coach
During his prime a friend of mine met him at a party and said that he couldn’t string two sentences together.

It sounds like 95% of rugby league players at every level. They are an embarrassment. I feel like the code has let them down actually. That culture of sounding as dumb as possible has been around for many, many years.
However, I sort of meet him at a cafe here in Newy and he was a good guy, though yes dopey sounding. He spent about 10 minutes at a table next to me talking to a couple of kids who had come up to him in a smart arse way trying to talk to him.

Delboy

First Grade
He’s no Rhodes scholar, but a supremely gifted athlete who should be seen in the elite of league players. His ego boosting trip to the NFL compounded by the typical doozies from his manager and the CEO trying to pump up the tyres on the Tits on his return, just sent him to the what could have beens.

Was still a weapon when he returned to the Eels, but his dominance had gone.

A sad reflection on an athlete led in a direction which ruined his legacy.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
I’d be more concerned by the woman that raised him. Some of the things she’s said over the years, weren’t real impressive.

I reckon as a single mother in western Sydney she did a pretty bloody good job in bringing him up and keeping him out of trouble as a teenager. For all Hayne’s faults the fact that he remained in the eels junior system, got into the NRL and didn’t get “side tracked” is a pretty impressive achievement by his mother.

There is plenty of talented kids in similar situations that didn’t make it, and a lot wouId have been because of their “upbringing”.

BTW I don’t recall Hayne’s mum ever saying anything crazy (happy to be corrected). She seems fairly normal:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/n...-inside-house-Jarryd-Hayne-bought-mother.html

IFR33K

Coach
I reckon as a single mother in western Sydney she did a pretty bloody good job in bringing him up and keeping him out of trouble as a teenager. For all Hayne’s faults the fact that he remained in the eels junior system, got into the NRL and didn’t get “side tracked” is a pretty impressive achievement by his mother.

There is plenty of talented kids in similar situations that didn’t make it, and a lot wouId have been because of their “upbringing”.

BTW I don’t recall Hayne’s mum ever saying anything crazy (happy to be corrected). She seems fairly normal:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/video/n...-inside-house-Jarryd-Hayne-bought-mother.html

She did a good job? He’s bitten a female, been shot at and been accused twice of severe sexual offences. And that’s the issues we know of. Yes he made it as an athlete but not so sure he’d rate highly on people’s Christmas card list. Had he been a storm player every eels fan would of said he’s the biggest fckwit.

his mum has just said some stupid things.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
She did a good job? He’s bitten a female, been shot at and been accused twice of severe sexual offences. And that’s the issues we know of. Yes he made it as an athlete but not so sure he’d rate highly on people’s Christmas card list. Had he been a storm player every eels fan would of said he’s the biggest fckwit.

his mum has just said some stupid things.

Yeah she did do a good job, got him to fulfill his potential without him going of the rails as a teenager. No easy task for a standard family let alone a single mother living in housing commission.....

yeah that shit as an adult is crap, but there is only so much a parent can do and reckon his mother got him to a point in life in “pretty good shape” where Hayne could succeed in life......How much does not having a father figure contribute to those adult issues ? Or the eels / NRL, like a young adult earning a shit load of money and being treated like a god and can do no wrong?

but anyhow there is no excuses for his behaviour and it’s Hayne’s responsibility.