What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

T-Boon

Coach
Moses is a petulant little sook when things don’t go his way, he isn’t a leaders arsehole.

You are picking this up from his body language on the field?
In my opinion Moses has just become the scape goat for our poor end to the season when the problem is the coach and a general lack of talent at hooker and outside backs.
Ferguson not turning up last season was a bigger problem, he should hand his money back. We dont have outside back. What is your half going to do with that steaming turd.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
You are picking this up from his body language on the field?
In my opinion Moses has just become the scape goat for our poor end to the season when the problem is the coach and a general lack of talent at hooker and outside backs.
Ferguson not turning up last season was a bigger problem he should hand his money back.
Giving up on his team mates at the Tigers for starters. The amount of time I have seen him screaming at team mates for making mistakes when he is playing shithouse himself. Let alone the times he goes missing or shits himself in big games.

T-Boon

Coach
Giving up on his team mates at the Tigers for starters.

I'll give you that because I did not watch tigers games at that time or bother trying to understand the dynamics of why the club totally crapped its intestines out.

The amount of time I have seen him screaming at team mates for making mistakes when he is playing shithouse himself. Let alone the times he goes missing or shits himself in big games.

He played most of last year injured and without attacking weapons or apparently practice because the coach does not concern himself about offense - so he was frustrated. I like that he is vocal when things are going bad. He was great defensively when its not a strong suit, which shows great leadership and is all the coach cares about to bother practicing.

Eelementary

Post Whore
He seems like THE leader to me. When we are playing well it is because of him. He does all the talking. He is well spoken off the field. Tackles above his weight when others are bludging. etc.

I don't understand where the Moses hating brigade is coming from but it is very similar to the Hayne hating brigade.

When at his best, Moses is a brilliant player - but he has no leadership qualities.

He sooks when teammates drop the ball, he yells at teammates for missing tackles...those are not qualities of an effective leader, imo.

Sure, he's super-competitive, and that's great - but he's not in our leadership group (as far as I know, anyway), and with good reason.

T-Boon

Coach
He sooks when teammates drop the ball, he yells at teammates for missing tackles...those are not qualities of an effective leader, imo.

Bellamy does the same thing.
Someone needs to yell at our players - our coach is too docile to do it.
To me Brad Arthur is not a leader.

But who ever it was above saying our hooker is a leader is nuts.

T-Boon

Coach
When at his best, Moses is a brilliant player - but he has no leadership qualities.

Communication is a leadership quality. Moses is a better communicator than Brad Arthur. Andrew Johns use to yell at his players as does Bellamy. Both great leaders.
He also leads by example better than Nathan Brown who always gives away way too many penalties by his ill discipline.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It remains to be seen if he is past it. He may well not be. His skill set as a play maker is exactly what every team in the NRL needs especially us.
In the modern game playmakers need high work rate. The only reliable way to break defences is to overload them with numbers, which requires movement off the ball. You might compare Hayne with Wighton because they're both big and fast, but Wighton is a high effort player. Hayne never was.

T-Boon

Coach
In the modern game playmakers need high work rate. The only reliable way to break defences is to overload them with numbers, which requires movement off the ball. You might compare Hayne with Wighton because they're both big and fast, but Wighton is a high effort player. Hayne never was.

Solid analysis and insight.
BUT I don't really think of Dylan Brown as a high work rate player - I think Hayne could sub in for him at 5/8 for 30 minutes a game, play a similar but more effective game because he is a way better passer and kicker (probably not so much runner these days).

Avenger

Immortal
Hayne had high effort games just not consistently. The game when we won the series after their massive run was one. However according to him it was a game where he nearly passed out due to the intensity and effort he put in.

Latest posts