What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Hayne~NFL~RU~Tits~Eels~Dad~Jailed~Mistrial~Jailed 5yrs~Retrial~Jailed~Appeal

emjaycee

Coach
I think you answered your own question there, in bold.

But there is no reason for them not to.
If they value Hayne at a high-point, say $900k under the cap and he was to sign this week (hypothetically), then he would need to go on our cap for the remainder of the year at $265k. Reports are that if we release Foran who is on the cap at $1,2M then we have $300k to spend so no problem from the NRL's point of view.

Snoochies

First Grade
“As I said, he went back to America, he went to London, he went back to Fiji, he came home, he went back to Fiji. He was going to Rio up until 48 hours ago.

“I will sit down and provide him with all the options, tell him where we can go, what we can do, how the cards fall, and he will them make up his mind.

“Someone was saying he has been talking to Parramatta and he is going to play this season.

“I haven’t had any talks to anyone from Parramatta. I haven’t had any talks to Jarryd. I haven’t had any talks to the NRL.”

It is understood if Hayne is to be allowed to return for the remainder of 2016, the NRL would also want Hayne to commit to the club for at least the 2017 and 2018 seasons.

But Beavis said: “Well, it has got nothing to do with them. He can do what he likes.

“He can sign with them for 10 minutes if he wants to.

“I am not going to be dictated to by the NRL.

“That won’t be happening, trust me.”

http://www.news.com.au/sport/nrl/ee...a/news-story/5b4fef5c28be98d56e8394a090d58ed6

Lol, the NRL need Hayne more than Hayne needs the NRL.
Beavis pretty much summed it up, no one knows what's going on.

Parra47

Juniors
It'd be great for Hayne to come back, get back into the groove this year, have a big off season and hit the ground running for 2017. My only concern is what attitude he will bring. Its well documented he can be a poor trainer at times and have an ordinary attitude as well as being a bit of a big, (its all about me), head. I would hate it if he damaged the sensational attitude that BA has nurtured into the team. If Hayne comes back and fits into what BA has created then that would be great for the club, the players, the fans and for Hayne.

oldmancraigy

Coach
But there is no reason for them not to.
If they value Hayne at a high-point, say $900k under the cap and he was to sign this week (hypothetically), then he would need to go on our cap for the remainder of the year at $265k. Reports are that if we release Foran who is on the cap at $1,2M then we have $300k to spend so no problem from the NRL's point of view.

And your post is also talking to the assumption that we have no room at all under the cap UNLESS Foran is released.

If the Peats departure meant we were legal to play the rest of the season, then that got us under the salary cap. Since then Paulo has also departed, what would that free up? Might not be a boatload, but certainly enough to increase that notional amount?

Also, did the Peats departure put us $1 under the cap? Or were we $1 over before his departure?

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Form the above link

MONEY owed to Jarryd Hayne prompted a heated falling out between two Eels officials.

Documents obtained by The Australian reveal the shambolic nature of the club’s operations and expose the murky details surrounding payments of $225,000 to the code-hopping superstar.

Testimony given by former Eels chief executive Scott Seward to the NRL Integrity Unit during its salary cap investigation into Parramatta reveals promised payments to Hayne sparked an incredible disagreement between Seward and chairman Steve Sharp.

Seward told the NRL he attempted in October or November, 2014, to organise for Hayne to be paid the full $225,000 promised to the former Eels No. 1 in a deal put together by the previous board of directors chaired by Roy Spagnolo, who was voted off the Parramatta Leagues Club board following an election in May 2013.

He told the integrity unit he was under the impression he had to pay Hayne the outstanding amount in order to secure an agreement that Hayne would return to the club if he decided to come back to the NRL from the NFL.

He claimed then-chairman Steve Sharp did not support his efforts to pay Hayne because the dual Dally M player of the year had already announced he was signing with the San Francisco 49ers.

It led to an extraordinary argument between the pair.

Seward claims Sharp wanted the club not to honour the “heads of agreement” deal contained within Hayne’s file at the club’s headquarters.

“He’s gone now. F*** him. It’s not your problem,” Sharp said, according to Seward.

173f00faf1032292fa130c4f5fd1ff1f

What a circus.Source:Getty Images

Seward replied: “Well it’s because it says heads of agreement between Jarryd Lee Hayne and the Parramatta Eels Rugby League Club and I’m the CEO right now and you’re the chairman right here, right now.

“We have to fix it. We have to do something to fix this bloody thing. You can’t keep blaming everybody.

“For once, take some f***ing responsibility around here. You are the chairman. You like to walk around and say you’re the chairman. Well start acting like it and stop making it my problem because, you know what? I didn’t sign it either. I didn’t make any of those agreements, but I’m the poor pr*ck that has to fix them. It’s bullshit.”

Seward and former Eels football manager Jason Irvine both informed the NRL integrity of one payment of $30,000 made to Hayne. Seward claimed the payment was just one of many made to the 28-year-old.

The payments were all made to strengthen the club’s position to sign Hayne when he returns to the NRL.

The Eels are reportedly the front-runner to sign the former NFL running back despite the club still trying to finalise the release of star playmaker Kieran Foran.

Because he is not currently a registered NRL player, Hayne is eligible to sign for an NRL team immediately for the remainder of the 2016 season.

The man himself today said he is unlikely to simply sign with one of the clubs at the top of the NRL ladder in pursuit of an NRL grand final victory.

When asked if he would consider signing with the Melbourne Storm for the rest of this season, Hayne said he doesn’t think he’d be able to follow NBA star Kevin Durant’s lead.

The former Oklahoma City Thunder forward stunned the NBA this off-season by signing with the runner-up Golden State Warriors, who set a new NBA regular season record of 73 wins this year.

Last Week

Bench
Did he actually say that though? Seems like bullshit to me. Big noting himself.

Something someone says to themselves in the mirror when they get home from a shit day at work.

Gronk

Staff member
I'm with Sharp on this one.
Hayne f**ked off and signed with another sport. Why should we continue to pay him anything?

Not only that. The monies that were promised to him were from Spags. IIRC when Spags lost control, all of a sudden a heap of TPAs stopped being paid. Re: Sandow etc.

The Sunday Telegraph can also reveal the reason Obeid jnr has refused to pay the balance of the money is due to the way the Eels halfback personally telephone and demanded the third-party deal be honoured.
http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/sp...b/news-story/b0f9275d4e8f1ce2c9883aae851e251f

#merkin

T.S Quint

Coach
Not only that. The monies that were promised to him were from Spags. IIRC when Spags lost control, all of a sudden a heap of TPAs stopped being paid. Re: Sandow etc.

#merkin

Should have sent Hayne's manager knocking on Spags' door then.

strider

Post Whore

Latest posts