What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne rescues swimmer at beach

Parra Pride

Referee
010258-jarryd-hayne.jpg

Parra medic ... Jarryd Hayne is being hailed a hero / Pic: Rohan Kelly Source: The Daily Telegraph

NRL superstar Jarryd Hayne risked his life to save an Irish backpacker yesterday, rescuing the drowning girl from wild surf at Coogee Beach.

Hayne and his father, former South Sydney player Manoa Thompson, were swept up to 200m from shore as they swam to the aid of the girl, who was caught in a rip and yelling: "I can't do this any more."

Last night, Thompson told The Daily Telegraph: "Put it this way, if Jarryd hadn't pulled her up, she was gone." He said he had no doubt his son - already a hero to thousands of Eels fans - had saved the girl's life.

"There would have been a drowning at Coogee and we would have lost a backpacker," Thompson said.

"We were both holding her and telling her to stay calm. It was traumatic and shocking."

The woman was swimming in a powerful 3m swell outside the flags at north Coogee when she got into trouble about 1pm.

"I've never been caught in a rip like that before - and the woman couldn't swim," Hayne said.

"The rip actually swept Dad 10m out past me and I thought 'sh*t, the lifeguards are at the other end [of the beach]'.

"We actually got taken out another 50m. I was just telling her to relax but we were getting dragged further and further out. We kept her head above water and kept telling her not to panic."

Local lifesavers took over after Hayne and Thompson dragged the woman from the swell and ensured she was safe.

The shaken tourist later thanked the pair, who left the beach before she could give them her name.

NRL chief David Gallop praised Hayne, saying: "It was an outstanding effort and one the game can be proud of."

The rescue came after a university student drowned when he ditched his board after a surf and headed back in for a swim. The 20-year-old became caught in a rip off Fairy Meadow beach, near Wollongong, about 8.15am.

Illawarra Surf Life Saving president Bill Seay said: "When conditions are [rough], I plead with all to stay out of the water until things calm down."
Source: http://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/ne...packer-from-surf/story-e6freuzi-1226027010306

And yet people will still find a way to bag him over this story.

ParraUnagi

Juniors
Headline could have been, "Hayne Being Sued For Disrupting Natural Selection"

seriously though, good on him and glad nobody was hurt.

Casper The Ghost

First Grade
Jarryd Hayne caught fondling women in surf.

Eyewitnesses claim they saw Jarryd Hayne giving mouth to mouth to a
woman while thrashing around trying to escape his clutches.

Woman nearly drowned in surf at Coogee Beach after an attack (approach) from a sexually charged Jarryd Hayne.

Unknown mystery women now in counselling for trauma and psycho therapy.

Irish Backpacker meeting lawyers tomorrow. Growing wealth of Jarryd Hayne to be discussed.

Lawyers advise Irish Backpacker "she can get it all".

6 months later women says: "I'm having Jarryd Haynes baby".

Good on you Jarryd. May the goodness of LIFE protect you forevermore.
Jarryd Hayne to destroy Wabbits this Friday Night.
Jarryd Hayne rekindles the mystical powers once found in Fiji during preparation for the 2008 World Cup.
Look out for the rest of 2011.
Jarryd Hayne falls in love with the mystery backpacker women whose life was saved by Jarryd at Coogee Beach.

Last edited:
I think you will find that it was a Hillsong baptism gone wrong.
(Apparently the reason that she did not hang around, was because there was no money left in her wallet when she returned to the beach. It has Hillsong written all over it!) :lol:

Latest posts