What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jarryd Hayne vs Rabbitohs

jmmyo81

Juniors
I'll start by saying that i am not actually an Eels supporter but last night i watched the Eels vs Rabbitohs game and couldnt help but notice how not interested Jarryd Hayne seemed in the game. It seemed to me that as soon as the rabbitohs put on a few points Hayne then just gave up and couldnt be F'ed trying to get his team back in the game. I cannot recall watching another player of his statue (or with a similar salary) play with such little heart and i swear if i were a n eels supporter i would be willing to send him my jersey and tell him i dont want it back until he realises he is not bigger than the game and starts to play with some heart. Jarryd Hayne should have wanted to play harder not only for his club or his fans but even more so his team mates. There were sets were he did not even look like getting involved. Given the scoreline just before and after half time when there was still a small chance of the eels getting back in the game he should have been demanding the ball as a player like Lockyer or Marshall or Thurston would. I havent watched a lot of Eels games this year but if that is the attitude he is taking into games it is not hard to see why he was over looked in origin 1 and why the rumours about poor attitude never seem to go away. I think he is an absolute disgrace to the Parramatta Eels jersey and an insult to the fans / members who help pay his salary. I really hope for your sake he pulls his head in and has a go for you next week !

Eels Dude

Coach
It's be hard to get emotionally motivated when you're the only player in the entire side that can be relied up in attack. Frustration over too much expectation on you and not having enough backup will ultimately get the better of you.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Mate they all gave up last night.

Blame Hayne... lol

If you looked at our previous games where we played well for no result, he tried as hard as anyone.

Last night Hayne had more than twice as many touches (39) as 'halfback' Casey McGuire (16), only one less than Souths halfback Sandow (40).

The only Eels player who touched the ball more than Hayne was our hooker.

True EEL

Bench
Hayne was fine.....but frustrated by the inept overall lack of ability and heart shown by many of his teammates, ie. casey McGuire, Taniela Lasalo, etc

Y2Eel

First Grade
I'll start by saying that i am not actually an Eels supporter but last night i watched the Eels vs Rabbitohs game and couldnt help but notice how not interested Jarryd Hayne seemed in the game. It seemed to me that as soon as the rabbitohs put on a few points Hayne then just gave up and couldnt be F'ed trying to get his team back in the game. I cannot recall watching another player of his statue (or with a similar salary) play with such little heart and i swear if i were a n eels supporter i would be willing to send him my jersey and tell him i dont want it back until he realises he is not bigger than the game and starts to play with some heart. Jarryd Hayne should have wanted to play harder not only for his club or his fans but even more so his team mates. There were sets were he did not even look like getting involved. Given the scoreline just before and after half time when there was still a small chance of the eels getting back in the game he should have been demanding the ball as a player like Lockyer or Marshall or Thurston would. I havent watched a lot of Eels games this year but if that is the attitude he is taking into games it is not hard to see why he was over looked in origin 1 and why the rumours about poor attitude never seem to go away. I think he is an absolute disgrace to the Parramatta Eels jersey and an insult to the fans / members who help pay his salary. I really hope for your sake he pulls his head in and has a go for you next week !

He is still playing the same way he has done when he was at fullback he needs to get more ball, It will come over time...

The eels are not a one man team just like the tigers dont always rely on Benji the broncs on Lockyer and Cowboys on Thurston..

The rumors of him being arrogant only come from people on this forum there is no truth behind it its all speculation..

I must say its funny that Hayne is the first one that is always pulled up by opposition fans but for eels fans its always another scape-goat...

if you saw some of our earlier games this year he was one of the few having a go when nobody else seemed to care about winning why single him out for criticism when the entire team was off their game?

hindy111

Post Whore
Everyone says give him time at 5/8.And to be fair i remember when lockyer moved there for the first year he was only average...But Didnt lockyer move there cause he lost his pace to be effective at fullback?
AS much as Hayne can probably make it there-I think he is a lot more dangerous popping up when he wants to pop up-Makes him harder to defend against.Where ever he may roam. He also can have a look where he wants to attack and gets the ball deeper and usualy as the second phase player which gives him more of an option to run or pass....

Despite how poor the team played and it has to be said how poor Jarryd played he still did some good things.

It was nice to see him mixing his attacking kicks up. Instead of just bombing it up so we could watch Inglis/Farrell outjump our centres he tried kicks with low trajectories etc.

Mullen and Gidley ripped the raiders to shreds on Sunday by using a range of different kicks so it was nice to see Hayne trying different things.

Aside from that, we can't really expect him to be able to control the game after playing like 5-10 games at five eighth over his whole career. Especially when the team as a whole is going so poor.

natheel

Coach
he will be right in the 6 jersey when all the pressure isnt on his shoulders to set up every play...bring in a halfback that can do that and jarryd will shine in the 6 jersey

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
he will be right in the 6 jersey when all the pressure isnt on his shoulders to set up every play...bring in a halfback that can do that and jarryd will shine in the 6 jersey

He'll shine in any jersey.

At 1 he doesn't even need a good halfback to look good.