What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Ryles - Head coach of Parramatta from 2025

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lol. Well why are you still arguing then... oh, that's right - it's just how you (t)roll.
Are we arguing?
See above.
See above.
Lol. A theory (opinion) "supported" by selective evidence, of which you refuse to engage in discussions of how weak that evidence might be.
We've had this discussion before. All evidence is selective. As for how weak it is, the weakest evidence is none at all, which is what supports the theory that all Nathan Brown's hate Brad Arthur because he's a shitmerkin.
And also refuse to countenance that others have different theories (opinions) also supported by their version of evidence, somehow (mistakenly) believing your own evidence to be objectively superior to that of others.
lol "their version of evidence" keep on trolling bartman

Are we arguing?
Are you posting....? QED 😂
We've had this discussion before. All evidence is selective.
Agree.
As for how weak it is, the weakest evidence is none at all, which is what supports the theory that all Nathan Brown's hate Brad Arthur because he's a shitmerkin.
Lol. Irrelevant to my judgment of how weak the evidence supporting your theory (opinion) is. I don't have to have the strawman alternate opinion to reflect on why your theory was poorly put, expressed and unlikely (and unnecessarily clogging up the thread every time you keep repeating or referencing it).
lol "their version of evidence"
As you said yourself, all evidence is selective (subjective). Looking forward to the next instalment of Pou Trohl vs Pou Fighters...

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
You never believed it was the right time to sack Brad Arthur... troll-like attempted revisionist history at its worst 🤣.

Look back at your post history from the time Arthur was sacked. You've had to be carried kicking and screaming to that above admission five months after the event, and a further six months after (smarter) people first started to call for the event to indeed happen!

Leadership my arse... someone's always last through the gate though - welcome finally!
These are from before he was sacked:
I don't have all the information, so the best heuristic for that is the decisions the club makes around him. If they sack him he deserves it. Likewise if they keep him.
No we should sack him if it's warranted. But whether it is warranted or not isn't something we'll know beforehand as fans. If the coach's boss is happy with him we should expect that he knows plenty we don't.
Well that’s good, and here's a related idea:

In our case, our ‘choice’ of coach likely tells us a lot about the state of our club. I have no doubt our decision makers are well aware that Wayne Bennett is a great coach and Brad Arthur isn't. I'd say they are also aware that very few coaches 'deserve' to keep their positions forever, and Arthur isn't one of them. They aren't stupid enough to see him as irreplaceable, unlike how stupid you apparently think I am. And fair enough, because I am just some nuffy on the internet while they are in charge of a reasonably successful NRL club (since 2019). So whichever coach we get next will say a lot (to me anyway) about where we are and how attractive we are to coaches. I will be pleasantly surprised if we get Bennett. Not because I think he will 'fix' our club, but because it would show we are legit contenders in the next few years. But really I'm expecting someone like Maguire, Holbrook or Griffin. Maybe a highly touted assistant with no head coaching experience.

Definitely not my position. My position is that I don't know, but the club does. People claiming Arthur's needs to go for any/all of the shit reasons they provide just bewilders me. 'Blah blah blah statistics' or 'Blah blah blah onfield event' or 'Blah blah blah comment in the press' THEREFORE HE MUST BE SACKED is a non sequitur. Surely to be so certain you merkins must have information you're not sharing, and if so, why doesn't the coach's boss know about it? How has he got his job while you lot are just complaining on the internet?

I am neither right nor wrong because I don't know. I just know that the arguments in favour of sacking him are very unconvincing. I mean, he's been here over ten years now. Is it only time to move him on because our win rate since the grand final is only 47%? It seems a bit arbitrary. Is it because we've been flogged a couple of times? That has happened nearly every year, including many years before Arthur was coach. Is it just too many years he's been here? How many is too long? If we'd sacked him before nine years we might not have made the grand final.

Well you've obviously made it personal ever since you chose a personal attack instead of asking for clarification, so I'm disinclined to take your feedback on board.
I’ll concede there probably aren’t too many good reasons left to keep him. I’ll be surprised if he gets an extension, but the club would’ve been mad to sack him after the grand final. We weren’t perfect but we were pretty good under Arthur’s between 2019 and 2022. He proved he can coach.
They will look at the conditions around the sacking. I’m not the only person who thinks Arthur shouldn’t be the fall guy for the past 18 months (there's also our board and the bloke from Rugby League Eye Test). Maybe Arthur does need to go, but it'll be based on events behind the scenes - strained relationships with senior players and other stakeholders, for example - rather than two lean years with a 45% win rate. Merkins wanted him gone after 2018 and then we went on to have a very good four years full of hope, joy and death riders.
There's you caught out trolling again.

I've only read the first three you've posted, and it's #pounonsense.

In all of them your position is a truism - if the club sacks Arthur then it's the right decision, if they don't it's not.

Blind faith in authority after the event is not the same as you attempting a revisionist position that you ever believed there was a right (or wrong) time to sack Arthur.

Lol that you tried to search and use your own posting history to unsuccessfully attempt to prove someone else wrong. Just admit you never believed Arthur should be sacked until it happened, and then you might re-earn some trust on here - rather than your reputation as a didactic and disingenuous troll 😼

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I've only read the first three you've posted, and it's #pounonsense.

In all of them your position is a truism - if the club sacks Arthur then it's the right decision, if they don't it's not.
That’s because, unlike us, they have all the information.
Blind faith in authority after the event is not the same as you attempting a revisionist position that you ever believed there was a right (or wrong) time to sack Arthur.
I believed it when the club did. If it was blind faith I’d believe that Ryles is the best choice, and I’m unconvinced. Unlike with Brad Arthur, the club knows little about Ryles. They are necessarily taking a leap of faith. And so are we by trusting their decision. But they are at least in possession of more of the facts than outsiders and speculators like us. Trying to be a tough guy and resisting authority doesn’t change that. It just means you’re childishly going against the people who know better.
Lol that you tried to search and use your own posting history to unsuccessfully attempt to prove someone else wrong.
It was very successful. You claimed I never thought Arthur should’ve been sacked and I proved I thought he should be sacked when the club thought so. I proved you wrong once again, and my reward will be you continuing to chase me around the forum spewing your trollish narratives.
Just admit you never believed Arthur should be sacked until it happened,
So you’ve finally admitted you were wrong when you claimed I thought Arthur should never have been sacked. Thank you.
and then you might re-earn some trust on here - rather than your reputation as a didactic and disingenuous troll 😼
Again, I appreciate you admitting you were wrong. It’s just a shame you’ve done it unwittingly.

These are from before he was sacked:
There's you caught out trolling again.
Lol, I just read the rest of your own posts that you quoted - not one of them has you saying before the event that it was the right time to sack Arthur 😂.

It's ludicrous and disingenuous Pou-trolling on your part to try and suggest (with very poor "evidence") that my statement - you never believed it was the right time to sack Brad Arthur - is incorrect.

But everyone here knows, that's just how you (t)roll... you're in worse form than Ben Hunt!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Lol, I just read the rest of your own posts that you quoted - not one of them has you saying before the event that it was the right time to sack Arthur 😂.
Because I didn’t think it was the right time before it happened.
It's ludicrous and disingenuous Pou-trolling on your part to try and suggest (with very poor "evidence") that my statement - you never believed it was the right time to sack Brad Arthur - is incorrect.
But your statement was incorrect. I thought it was the right time to sack Arthur when he was sacked. Before the event it wasn’t the right time.
But everyone here knows, that's just how you (t)roll... you're in worse form than Ben Hunt!

I believed it when the club did.
We know. And not before. That's exactly why I called out your revisionist claims to the contrary.
If it was blind faith I’d believe that Ryles is the best choice, and I’m unconvinced.
That's just because you're a contrarian.
It was very successful.
Yes Donald, keep telling yourself you did a great job 😂
So you’ve finally admitted you were wrong when you claimed I thought Arthur should never have been sacked. Thank you.
Lol. Shit was being put on you in the thread for not believing Arthur should have been sacked prior to the act actually occurring. And you've just reinforced that you were too dumb to see that it was coming or needed, until after the club made the decision.

Last one out of the room please switch the lights off...
Again, I appreciate you admitting you were wrong. It’s just a shame you’ve done it unwittingly.
No-one actually has to put shit on you - you do a great job of smearing it over yourself with your circular attempted trolling.

Because I didn’t think it was the right time before it happened.
Yep, I think we get that - even before you repeated it. That's what demonstrates that you were (are) dumber than 90% of fans on here 😂.
But your statement was incorrect. I thought it was the right time to sack Arthur when he was sacked. Before the event it wasn’t the right time.
We know your position. That's why you're a laughing stock on the matter.

QED. But keep going Pou, keep telling us how you only knew it was the right move when some authority figure made the decision 😂. When everyone else here (all with better brains) could both see the need for it in advance and were relieved when it happened.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
We know. And not before. That's exactly why I called out your revisionist claims to the contrary.
It's always been my position. I'll know when the club knows and not before.
That's just because you're a contrarian.
No I'm not.
Yes Donald, keep telling yourself you did a great job 😂
I know I did a great job because you can't let it go. You have to comment on every post I make, which proves I'm doing exactly what I set out to do.
Lol. Shit was being put on you in the thread for not believing Arthur should have been sacked prior to the act actually occurring. And you've just reinforced that you were too dumb to see that it was coming or needed, until after the club made the decision.

Last one out of the room please switch the lights off...

No-one actually has to put shit on you - you do a great job of smearing it over yourself with your circular attempted trolling.
Oh gosh no, angry footy dopes are criticising me? I must be in the wrong ffs

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yep, I think we get that - even before you repeated it. That's what demonstrates that you were (are) dumber than 90% of fans on here 😂.

We know your position. That's why you're a laughing stock on the matter.

QED. But keep going Pou, keep telling us how you only knew it was the right move when some authority figure made the decision 😂. When everyone else here (all with better brains) could both see the need for it in advance and were relieved when it happened.
'Everyone else' (a handful of noisy dopes looking for someone to blame for the club's lack of success) wanted him sacked before he took us to only our third grand final in 36 years. Their opinions on the matter are worth very little. It won't be long before they are blaming Ryles and the merry-go-round will continue.

It's always been my position. I'll know when the club knows and not before.
Alexa Bliss Reaction GIF by WWE

Oh gosh no, angry footy dopes are criticising me? I must be in the wrong ffs
No-one's angry, I'm just here for the lols. Your "position" about being proud to be last in the world to know Arthur needed to be sacked has certainly been proven to be dumb and wrong 😂.

'Everyone else' (a handful of noisy dopes looking for someone to blame for the club's lack of success) wanted him sacked before he took us to only our third grand final in 36 years. Their opinions on the matter are worth very little. It won't be long before they are blaming Ryles and the merry-go-round will continue.
Nonsense and wilful over-inflation of minority views to try and suit your 'position'.

If anything your posts make you already seem closer to blaming Ryles for lack of future success than anyone on here, before he's even started.