What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Saab

Dragon David

First Grade
Presence. Intent. Desire.

There just is none with Jason. We all immediately warmed to Ramsey and even Rava and JP because when they get the ball or make a tackle, there is urgency and a will to do something positive. There is just nothing there with Jason.

And you know he’s just taking the piss when Brian To’o out jumps him. The dude is literally a foot shorter than him!
Unbelievable! You'd think that with his height and reach he would out jump everyone. He lacks timing and confidence. I thought that this was going to be his specialty when he played for us, but oh no he was just plain hopeless. Good luck Manly I say!

Draginzaaar

Bench
All fans of all clubs give it to players who leave in the manner Saab did, don’t kid yourself. I still think he will end a really good player but he’s receiving a reality check currently. I for one hope he gets a try or two because he’s in my SuperCoach side.

When Luis Figo went from Barcelona to Real Madrid, the first time he played at Barcelona his old fans threw pig's heads at him.

Forbes Creek Dragons

First Grade
Unbelievable! You'd think that with his height and reach he would out jump everyone. He lacks timing and confidence. I thought that this was going to be his specialty when he played for us, but oh no he was just plain hopeless. Good luck Manly I say!
He and Suli up against the inexperienced (in that position) Burton and short (but excellent) To’o coupled with DCE’s excellent kicking game they could have scored several tries last night down that side. I understand he’s playing in a rubbish team and not getting much good ball if he leaps high he pretty much has an uncontested ball every time last night if he wants it.

possm

Coach
I think it is time we let the Saab thing go. Physically he looks to have what it takes to be a top grade winger however, he has a long way to go.

Hasler can see his potential and I suppose that if he had a suitable winger to replace Saab, Hasler would give Saab more time and heaps of individual coaching to get him up to speed.

Saints have a stack of young wingers with good potential so Saab is not great loss to the Dragons. In fact he would probably be a negative at the moment given his unreal high opinion of himself ast a first grade footballer.

matPORTS

Juniors
Just my observation:

Manly have two big losses out of their pack this year in Fonua-Blake & Joel Thompson. Saab (and Garrick as well to an extent) is not up to it in terms of doing the dirty work in bringing the ball out of their 20 and getting the team on the front foot - something that Manly truly needs right now given the deficiencies / holes in their forward pack.

As others have said, Saab has a long way to go to become the player he is capable of being. Both physically and mentally. He'll likely be back in reserve grade soon - I imagine that Brad Parker will be shifted back out on the wing, with Dylan Walker going back into the centres, once Tommy Turbo returns from injury.

qld redvee

Juniors
Just my observation:

Manly have two big losses out of their pack this year in Fonua-Blake & Joel Thompson. Saab (and Garrick as well to an extent) is not up to it in terms of doing the dirty work in bringing the ball out of their 20 and getting the team on the front foot - something that Manly truly needs right now given the deficiencies / holes in their forward pack.

As others have said, Saab has a long way to go to become the player he is capable of being. Both physically and mentally. He'll likely be back in reserve grade soon - I imagine that Brad Parker will be shifted back out on the wing, with Dylan Walker going back into the centres, once Tommy Turbo returns from injury.

agree 100%.. i think saab needs time in regggies due to his age . i think (imo) he was a standout in juniours and with his size and speed he dominated thrust into top grade last year up against bigger tougher opposition he failed . Yes we were all hoping but maybe he did need a season in reggies to get used to the big time .. As mentioned earlier he does seem timid and out of his depth .. He may come good or he may drift away like a lot of kids with potential

BLM01

First Grade
Just my observation:

They have the hit man winger Jorge to come in and take Saab's or even Garrick's spot

merahputih

Juniors
Just my observation:

I'm still bewildered about letting Joel go in 2018. Another gem for the highlight reel : " 2014 - 2020: The Golden years."

From memory, Thomson made way for Leilua who did not stay long term anyway.
It was more a salary cap thingie, he wanted a longer contract than we were prepared to offer.

Admin. Blow th I s thread away . . why waste electrons on churners!

Latest posts