What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jason Saab

Gippsy

Bench
Yeah, the kid now looks the goods, and good on him.

He is just one more thing that McGregor has to answer for.

True_Believer

Juniors
Hindsight and all that.

Before I change my mind I would like to see him over the course of the full season.

As you rightly point out, he was bog average early on, and now with Turbo back is on a roll.

He's fast, but we all knew that.

At this stage Im not fussed he's gone. Will revisit come end of year tho.

Good post.

Too many are quick to jump on the bandwagon after a couple of good games. As you said, we knew he had speed, but he showed no commitment for us and his defence hasn't really come into question yet.

I'll reserve judgement until the end of the season as well.

FlameThrower

Bench
Credit to the guy, he is playing well now, looks to be happy and actually engaging with his team mates. I never saw that at the Dragons. ....

possm

Coach
Good post.

Too many are quick to jump on the bandwagon after a couple of good games. As you said, we knew he had speed, but he showed no commitment for us and his defence hasn't really come into question yet.

The Dragons should have calmed him down, upgraded his contract and kept him under their fold. In 2021 it could have been a back 3 of Ramsey, Saab and Ravalawa. Under the current coaching staff these 3 could have killed it this year and gained a lot of experience for 2022.

Well it is spilt milk now and time to focus on our other up and coming outside backs. Ramsey, Ravalawa, Sloan, Schiller and Stewart. Let's learn from our mistakes and make it so that these players get the Clubs full support and layalty.

BLM01

First Grade
Good post.

Yes and I know you can only beat what is in front of you but have a look who Manly’s 5 wins are against albeit big wins.
I will judge them after Parra next week like us after playing a weakened Storm today

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Good to see Saab go well. Saints have way to many good wingers and cannot keep them all. If anyone would rather have Saab than Rava they are crazy. Pereara, Ramsey and Feagai are also quality players but best of all with a much better attitude which is key. They seem to not mind travelling to the Gong or Kogarah for training. Saab's attitude suits the Manly culture and the fans. They are a good match.

possm

Coach
Good to see Saab go well. Saints have way to many good wingers and cannot keep them all. If anyone would rather have Saab than Rava they are crazy. Pereara, Ramsey and Feagai are also quality players but best of all with a much better attitude which is key. They seem to not mind travelling to the Gong or Kogarah for training. Saab's attitude suits the Manly culture and the fans. They are a good match.
Come on slippery Morris, that travel excuse was a very poor attempt for Saab to move to a more lucrative contract at Manly.

Slippery Morris

First Grade
Come on slippery Morris, that travel excuse was a very poor attempt for Saab to move to a more lucrative contract at Manly.
I know possm, I was being sarcastic. Don't need guys like that in the team. Good to see Dragons held firm and did not cave in and made him sweat it by knocking back his request the first few times he asked to move.

redandwhite4evr

Juniors
Saab is gone let’s forget him now.Good kid did not want to be with us.End of story.

Hard to know what he was thinking- one minute he wanted to be with his close mate Keith Titmuss (now deceased), a Manly player and rising star, the next it was too far to travel to the Gong from his Western suburbs home. However, one thing I'm sure about is that Mary played a part in his leaving- as he did with other talented youngsters who didn't get a chance at the Dragons.