What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jdb case

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Damo

Juniors
I agree with you but even if I didn't and even if she had immediately called the police and etc, it doesn't change the fact that as of now, Jack de Belin is an innocent man and in any civilized society, should be treated as such.

The "poor judgement" is for him and his wife/gf/fiance to work out. Nothing to do with the NRL. Who TF do they think they are? Judge, jury and executioner in matter that is none of their f**king business?? That will bring the NRL into direct conflict with out very own Colombo, aka Rob Dragon who thinks he is judge, jury and executioner.
He is being treated as an innocent man. He’s free, he’s training with the team, he’s being paid, he has access to legal representation. He just can’t play NRL while he’s charged with aggravated sexual assault. Interestingly being able to play first grade football in a commercial for profit league isn’t actually a human right.
Who gets to play in the NRL is exactly their f**king business.

dragon thomo

Juniors
Peter Beattie will eventually be shown up as the worst Administrator the League has had. Typical politician that reacts before he thinks just to be popular.
I cant get my head around Matt Lodge being able to play and De Bellin being stood down.

The Damo

Juniors
Peter Beattie will eventually be shown up as the worst Administrator the League has had. Typical politician that reacts before he thinks just to be popular.
I cant get my head around Matt Lodge being able to play and De Bellin being stood down.
The difference is that Lodge has his charges heard, a punishment was levied by the courts and he’s now abiding by it.
I personally think he shouldn’t have been registered to play when he was, but it’s not the same thing. The severity of the charges is different too. If found guilty of even a lesser but related charge, Jacks not going to just get a fine.

Rob Dragon

Juniors
That's a good point DT. Lodge had been found guilty yet was registered? I think it was just the line in the sand moment with JDB. After the horror off season they decided to react. As for Beattie surely there is someone better?

Glenn012

Juniors
He is being treated as an innocent man. He’s free, he’s training with the team, he’s being paid, he has access to legal representation. He just can’t play NRL while he’s charged with aggravated sexual assault. Interestingly being able to play first grade football in a commercial for profit league isn’t actually a human right.
Who gets to play in the NRL is exactly their f**king business.
He is being punished for something he is absolutely adamant, never happened. That is what the judicial system is for.

So you support the NRL being able to blacklist anyone for any reason. And what if Jack de Belin is not only found not guilty but it's demonstratively proven innocent? I think Peter Beattie and that other f**king bald shit face need to spend a stint in the slammer until they no longer believe they are a law unto themselves.

I can't wait for John Elias and his buddies to start betting on games and then framing key players for crimes they know will eventually be found innocent of but who will be stood down regardless.

As a matter of fact, forget John Elias. Can't wait for the Melbourne Storm to do such things.

Last edited:

Rob Dragon

Juniors
O
He is being punished for something he is absolutely adamant, never happened. That is what the judicial system is for.

So you support the NRL being able to blacklist anyone for any reason. And what if Jack de Belin is not only found not guilty but it's demonstratively proven innocent? I think Peter Beattie and that other f**king bald shit face need to spend a stint in the slammer until they no longer believe they are a law unto themselves.

I can't wait for John Elias and his buddies to start betting on games and then framing key players for crimes they know will eventually be found innocent of but who will be stood down regardless.

As a matter of fact, forget John Elias. Can't wait for the Melbourne Storm to do such things.
How dear!

The Damo

Juniors

This might come as a surprise to you, but most people charged with rape claim innocence. Plenty still claim it after they’ve been convicted. I’ve no idea what the result here will be, and neither do you.
Also, if getting paid over half million a year to train 4 days a week is punishment, then your definition of the word is meaningless.
It’s already been pointed out to you that it takes more than a claim to get someone charged, especially with a crime carrying over ten years gaol. So I’m genuinely not worried about your bizarre conspiracy scenario, and if you actually think that’s likely then you are willfully ignorant.
In summary - your opinions are bad, and you should feel bad.

Rob Dragon

Juniors
This might come as a surprise to you, but most people charged with rape claim innocence. Plenty still claim it after they’ve been convicted. I’ve no idea what the result here will be, and neither do you.
Also, if getting paid over half million a year to train 4 days a week is punishment, then your definition of the word is meaningless.
It’s already been pointed out to you that it takes more than a claim to get someone charged, especially with a crime carrying over ten years gaol. So I’m genuinely not worried about your bizarre conspiracy scenario, and if you actually think that’s likely then you are willfully ignorant.
The Damo, don't bother with poor old Glenn. He's living in a parallel world the poor old bugger. Just understand that throughout life unfortunately you will run into folk like poor old Glenn, and you can never beat them because they are " different" to the rest of us. Just smile at him and move on past.

Glenn012

Juniors
This might come as a surprise to you, but many people, especially high profile people, who are charged with rape are found not guilty and often proven innocent.

Rob Dragon

Juniors
This might come as a surprise to you, but many people, especially high profile people, who are charged with rape are found not guilty and often proven innocent.
Time to have a lie down Glenn. Take a tablet, shut the blinds and have a lovely snooze. You'll feel better and so will we!

TruSaint

Referee

Show me once instance in this debate where anyone has not declared JDB's presumption of innocence, until proven otherwise. ? This thread is nearly 1000 posts on, and people on both side of the debate agree that until the case is adjudicated, then Jack is presumed innocent.

The NRL has made a policy decision, that will tested in the courts. Timing of this policy change, may be be debated, agreed, but overall I agree with the policy. There is no presumption of guilt.

The onus is on the prosecution now to prove " beyond a reasonable doubt" the charges laid in the criminal matter.

Your reaction to this matter suggests to me that your gripe is with the NRL.

Glenn012

Juniors
Time to have a lie down Glenn. Take a tablet, shut the blinds and have a lovely snooze. You'll feel better and so will we!
I understand Colombo. An accused man should be punished because you have two daughters. Your premise is noted and recorded so now you can STFU.

Glenn012

Juniors
Show me once instance in this debate where anyone has not declared JDB's presumption of innocence, until proven otherwise. ? This thread is nearly 1000 posts on, and people on both side of the debate agree that until the case is adjudicated, then Jack is presumed innocent.

The NRL has made a policy decision, that will tested in the courts. Timing of this policy change, may be be debated, agreed, but overall I agree with the policy. There is no presumption of guilt.

The onus is on the prosecution now to prove " beyond a reasonable doubt" the charges laid in the criminal matter.

Your reaction to this matter suggests to me that your gripe is with the NRL.
A man who hasn't been convicted of any crime shouldn't be punished in any civilized society which follows the rule of law. I have a massive "gripe with the NRL". It lacks even common sense let alone common decency. If he is found not guilty I hope he pursues the NRL for every cent it's worth. And pursues Beattie and that bald Bullgrugs shit face personally!

TruSaint

Referee
A man who hasn't been convicted of any crime shouldn't be punished in any civilized society which follows the rule of law. I have a massive "gripe with the NRL". It lacks even common sense let alone common decency. If he is found not guilty I hope he pursues the NRL for every cent it's worth. And pursues Beattie and that bald Bullgrugs shit face personally!

Should the NRL policy be upheld in a few days, and since Jack has been paid, not sacked, receiving welfare support from the club, etc... On what basis can he sue for damages the NRL ?

Again, this is assuming the standing policy is ratified.

Should the NRL policy be upheld in a few days, and since Jack has been paid, not sacked, receiving welfare support from the club, etc... On what basis can he sue for damages the NRL ?

Peter Beattie made a couple of statements that were misleading which impacted upon JDB’s reputation.

Those statements indicated that he as a commissioner had reviewed the incident before deciding to stand Jack down. The assumption the public is entitled to make is that the NRL had sufficient evidence to suggest Jack will be found guilty. This has proven to be incorrect.

Glenn012

Juniors

I'm not Jacks lawyer but according to Jack's lawyer he stands to lose money through sponsorships, rep games and new contracts after the present one is finished. But I hope you and Colombo are both sitting when you read this. Maybe Jack is more worried about his reputation than the money he stands to lose. Maybe he is more than happy to engage in carnal relations with a female but is aghast at the idea of violence toward females. He can't sue for that as it's too intangible so he is suing for money. I wish him well.

TruSaint

Referee
I'm not Jacks lawyer but according to Jack's lawyer he stands to lose money through sponsorships, rep games and new contracts after the present one is finished. But I hope you and Colombo are both sitting when you read this. Maybe Jack is more worried about his reputation than the money he stands to lose. Maybe he is more than happy to engage in carnal relations with a female but is aghast at the idea of violence toward females. He can't sue for that as it's too intangible so he is suing for money. I wish him well.

Tried to debate this with you in civil manner. Yeah, Im sitting.

The only part I am happy to hear is that you are NOT counsel to Jack, as some of the Alex Jones conspiracy theories you have dished out would send the magistrate / judge into stitches. Sending Beattie/Greenberg to prison, a new fixed and framed betting scandal etc... LMAO.

He is charged with rape. Let see how this pans out, with both the NRL policy and the criminal charges.

For Jacks sake I hope he is not guilty. If he is, he can serve time. My support for the Club goes beyond one player.

You have a nice night now.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts